BIOS doesn't let me undervolt..

Configuration mentioned in siggy. I borrowed a spare HDD from one of my friends today and got my computer up running.. booted into BIOS, and switched to advanced mode.. was checking if everything was alright when I noticed that CPU Vcore was 1.446V and temperatures were 51C in BIOS :cryeyesout: So I immediately changed Vcore to manual and input 1.300V instead of the older value.. saved and reset.. booted up into bios again and noticed the value was same.. any idea guys on how to reduce temperature? Ambient room temperature must be 41-42C.. its hot here.. :D Also I noticed.. unless I press F5 for loading optimized defaults.. there is no sign of CnQ and C1E in BIOS..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This must be a bios issue - did you update the bios recently ? lowering the vcore worked before ?m if so ( and if you are not facing any major issue revert back to old bios version.

Or else :

you need to update to the latest bios version available if your bios is too old.

OP
A

ArjunKiller

Gamer
Bios is the latest.. 25th may 2012 version 1208.. the old bios wasnt working.. thats why i updated to this one to check if it works.. it worked once.. volts were 1.25.. temps went down to 45 idle in bios.. I restarted after some time.. again 1.446.. :(

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
I bought same mobo for my cousin last Monday. Updated with 1208 version. But when I set that PC up, I didn't face the problem mentioned by you. I assume it could be CMOS battery issue (?)

But battery issue with new motherboard? :unsure: Wired.

Top Bottom