din4204u

Broken In
guys i have a system with following specifications

amd sempron 2000+ at 1330 MHz on ecs km400-m2 mobo
2x256 mb ddr400 ram
250gb hitachi pata(recently added)
80gb hitachi sata
benq drive
350 wt local power supply with 16A on +12 v line.
i have win xp with via 4 in 1 and via hyperian pro latest installed

problem:-
wenever i make nero image of any disk its success ratio is 1/3
and when it fails my system just hangs.it never shows any message or something.mouse stops working.everything justs hangs.and it is like with every cd.either it sucessfully create images or it hangs the system.
but most intrestingly it only hangs it above 60 % of image creation.
forexample it hangs on 65,72,88,99,100 but never below 60 percent.and when it hangs even the spining of cd in drive goes to ideal.
and sometime but quite rare it hangs the same way in extracting something from iso or any other ziped images or files.but it happens quite rare.

wat i have done so far:-
1:-i replaced the system with 2 drives of my friends but same problem
2:-i replaced the system with 3 diff type of ram brands from my friends
but same problem
3:- formatted system and had a clean install of xp again i m with same
problem
4:-i have replaced cdrom cable with a fresh one but same problem.
my questions:-
1:-shuld i change my via hyperian latest drivers to some old versions
2:-is it possible that my power supply is at fault.

any kinda help wuld be highly welcomed.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Since you have tried out almost every possible way, its clear that the PS is at fault...

Ps, wahts yr nero version? try old versions, 7 is heavy...

OP
din4204u

din4204u

Broken In
hello dear........i have told my friend to get me his psu....and i will do that in next hour.can u tell me if mobo or cpu can be the culprit too??????

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
after the system hangs...
go to BIOS an check the CPU & system temprature.check if it is over heating.report with a reply.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
what about the other operations my friend??
Do they too hang very often??
If it is so, then i would definitely say that it is related to overheating of your cpu.
And did you try the new PSU??
what about it?
Also for creating images, try out Alchohol 120%, its the best out there, and can be downloaded from softpedia.com.
try cleaning your cpu and heat sink by putting your vaccum cleaner hose into cabinet properly.

Also check whether your drive's lens is ok or not?
Try cleaning it, using lens cleaner.

tell me if it helped?

bye.

rajiv.b

Broken In
given your configuration a 500w smps is a must. how were you managing without that.go rush to ur vendor and get a nice 500w powersupply

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
rajiv.b said:
given your configuration a 500w smps is a must. how were you managing without that.go rush to ur vendor and get a nice 500w powersupply

what?
a 500w psu! ! !.it is not must; i myself is using 300W psu for more than 1 yr with no problems.however a 400W smps is remmonded for ur future needs.more the no optical drives,PCI cards & most impotant graphic cards need more power.also a 500W smps will burn hole in ur pocket.

rajiv.b

Broken In
well i just faced the same problem and solved the problem by upgrading my smps. well it was 400 watts. for a decent 500 bucks.

sorry if i went too extreme with my suggestion. well what would be the price of a 500 watt suppy.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
rajiv.b said:
well i just faced the same problem and solved the problem by upgrading my smps. well it was 400 watts. for a decent 500 bucks.

sorry if i went too extreme with my suggestion. well what would be the price of a 500 watt suppy.

I am having a 400W PSU and having A64 3000, A8N-e, 6200 TC, 810A writer, one PCI card, 3 case fans etc. It has been working perfectly for nealy 6 months and there is much less than 5% variation in voltages in each of the rails. So what I feel is that unless you are planning for future, 500W will be a waste of money but 300W seems insufficient. So go for a 400W which will not cost much. (BTW my 400W is a costly one and is really heavy)

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom