Bharati Airtel to launch DTH services from Oct 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I pay 280 bucks a month for 2 set top boxes with crystal clear picture and digital sound to my cablewala (Hathway).

Beat that Bharati, Reliance, Tata and Dish.
+1 , Even I use Hathway's digital service, it costs me Rs. 150/Month ;) , quality is excellent also I lost the channel count :p

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I haven't counted the number of channels, but I get all Hindi entertainment channels, all movie channels, all sports channels and all news channels. And all the tiger/elephant type channels (Discovery) too.

The quality is amazing.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
I haven't counted the number of channels, but I get all Hindi entertainment channels, all movie channels, all sports channels and all news channels. And all the tiger/elephant type channels (Discovery) too.

The quality is amazing.

Means you are getting 200+ channels. :)

ThinkFree

Technomancer
if available does it comes with Broadband...

No provider is even thinking of providing data services on DTH, now they are only concerned about retaining there existing customers by slashing prices.

And Airtel DigitalTV's site is not having full information about charges, locations covered. You can call their CC to check if services are available in your area.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^Its for 60-65 channels only, but they haven't explicitly mentioned if it includes STB as well and installation.

@Charan: You in bangalore right ? Help me switch from Tata Sky to Hathway. Where is their office ? And is the cost really Rs. 150/- ? How many channels ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Charan: You in bangalore right ? Help me switch from Tata Sky to Hathway. Where is their office ? And is the cost really Rs. 150/- ? How many channels ?
[offtopic]
Yes I am from Bangalore, but the deal with Rs. 150/Month has a catch .. we are very old customers and our house is the central area and most of the connections to other house goes thro house. he will have to atleast spend 5 days in relocating the connections if we ditch him :p.. that the reason we are paying just 150 bucks :p , I think the regular amount is somewhere between 300-350 with all paid channels.

BTW Hathway is not the only cable company providing STB, AFAIK CityCable also gives STB, You can check with your local cable walla, if he is a partner with CityCable or Hathway then you can avail the STB
[/offtopic]

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Two features that I liked in Airtel DTH... :)

1) Integrated worldspace radio
2) Single remote for STB/TV

The 20% larger dish could do something good during the monsoons!

mastermunj

In the zone
offtopic..

i saw ad on tv yesterday, and boy... kareena rocks!!!

ontopic..

and am glad that airtel made a DTH initiative...

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Oh...so much of competition

Btw which is better....:idea:
AIRTEL DTH
TATA Sky (zinghalala)
BIG TV (Reliance)
Dish TV (Dish Karo WIsh Karo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom