[Views] Beware of Lynx-India.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

static_x

In the zone
Hi,
Friends I've seen numerous posts here n there which talk about the bad experinence with this guy called Amarbir @ Lynx-india.com
I'm his latest victim. Please be patient and listen what I've to say...

So it was mid of April when I physically visited Lynx shop @ chandigarh. I was in search of a good media player and after a lot of research I zeroed down to Asus O Play HD2. So I asked amarbir (@Lynx) about the same and as expected he started talking sh!t (as usual) about the the model i was asking for. Then I asked him about the WD Media Player and he told me that " Pata Nahin Kyun log WD pasand karte hain..its a piece of crap..blah blah blah.."
Then he told me to consider Iomega Screenplay Director with 1 TB HDD pre installed. I immediately told him that I'm not at all interested in Iomega as I've a pretty bad experience with the same company. But he said..."Dont worry I'm here if anything goes wrong send it to me and i'll take care of it..its just a matter of 85 rupees courier it to me and i'll get it replaced..." I asked him very specifically that whether it will play Hi def 1080i/p MKV files and he sais.."Kyun nahin karega jeee..sab karega...aap befikar ho ke ise use karo main hoon na.." Then I consulted the guy for whom I was supposed to buy it...finally believing his rubbish talks (probably that was my mistake) I bought the same from him...
Now when i came back home and transferred few movies on it including 720p MKV, MP4, ISO, 1080i/p MKV. Now when i connected it to my TV I found that the interface was so sluggish that it took nearly 2-3 minutes to show the content of the HDD. Then I played the 720 p and it played it within 20-30 seconds of pressing the play button...similarly it played mp4 and ISO without much trouble...But when I tried playing 1080p content it simply displayed the message that "THE CONTENT YOU ARE REQUESTING IS NOT SUPPORTED" type of thing..
I tried all the settings but to no avail..
I immediately called Amarbir back and told him the entire thing and he said "Yaar aap log theek se manual to padhte nahin ho aur complaining start kar dete ho..go through the manual and do the setting accordingly and it will play."
So I once again tried everything but again nothing happened..I called him up again and now he says "Yaar go to the net and update the firmware and it will definitely play.." I asked him that how this could happen but he insisted so I tried that also..I downloaded the latest firmware and installed it...still no luck...
So i called him up again now he said.."why you people think that only 1080 is HD why dont you play 720 HD.." So i asked him what about the 400+ 1080 titles I've in my collection...then he immediately switched and said "I'm not telling you to convert 1080 to 720..but give me some time and i;ll download 1080 from net and i'll try it personally and will come back to you.." so I waited for the next few days but he never bothered to call back..
So finally I decided to send it back to him...So I packed it up and couriered it back to him...2 days later I received a call from one of his staff and he told me "Sir, why have you send it back to us...it has got lot of scratches on it and it can not be changed..." So I told him that deduct some amount for it and let me know the difference and I'll deposit the money to your a/c and send me the ASUS one I always wanted...I also told him to not to send it back to me as will not accept it in any case...I also told him that If he (amarbir) does not wish to give the replacement then better keep it also but I wont be accepting it back again...

Now 2 weeks have passed and I wrote a mail daily to amarbir asking him about the update on that..but he never bothered to give a reply...

Yesterday I wrote him a mail using little hard words and he immediately replied saying "It has lot of scratches and the plastic on the body is also missing we can not accept it back...and i was not bothering as you told my staff to keep it in case replacement was not possible....." He also gave me lesson on etiquettes and manners....

Now, guys tell me what should i Do now....Numerous times I've heard him talking sh!t to the customers and when somebody tries to talk the the same way he does he gives a good lecture on mannerisms....

1993gregory

Where's my M4A1
no prob man tell their manager that you will report it to consumer court.
Sometimes they get afraid and things work your way.
and BTW can you give me his email id??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Your errors:

1. Going to Lynx.
2. Listening to a distributor/dealer in India about product recommendations.
3. Falling for "word-of-mouth" that the offered device will work for your data feeds.
4. Not researching an expensive product online. Ad-hoc/on-the-fly purchase.
5. Not going back to the shop to return it.
6. Not taking care of the device -- scratches.

What you can do:
1. Put it up for re-sale and honestly tell the capabilities.
2. Keep it.

doomgiver

Warframe
lynx india is that bad???
damn, i was going to buy stuff from there.

thanks for the info, its good to know about such swindlers so that others dont get caught too.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I Will Never Buy From Lynx India, I Know How He Talk About All The Stuff Like He Knows Everything.

Even The Pristine Note Guy Raised The Price And Nullified The Wooden Stand Offer The Very Day After I Inquired About The Price.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Here's the thing. Irrespective of how good or bad a dealer is, his primary motive is sales and profit. There will be some blokes defending their dealer's/product's honour because they are blinded as they were (what should I say it) verbally seduced. People say so-and-so is technically sound and all, but his primary objective is sales. END OF STORY.

He will advice you what he (OR ANYONE) wants to sell (reasons are many of which are irrelevant to us). You did research and yet you listened to a dealer. Its making an impression that you did have doubts about your own research, or else your decision would have been final.

doomgiver

Warframe
^ well, we all can see that the shopkeeper is being rude and behaving in a haughty and irresponsible manner. doesnt that make him a bad choice?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Here's the thing. Irrespective of how good or bad a dealer is, his primary motive is sales and profit.
Making profit is another thing and duping is altogether different. He lied about 1080p.

You did research and yet you listened to a dealer. Its making an impression that you did have doubts about your own research, or else your decision would have been final.
True, buy what you have decided.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
That's Amarbir's usual antics. What is not being said about him.

But the day people start doubting their own proper research is the day when dealers will control/manupulate what buyers needs/buys. This problem happens with non-forum crowd as well. They claim they have done a good amount of research (maybe not all, but pretty sure a good amount of people would have) and yet they come out of the store based on the dealer claims. Think about it from a 3rd person's POI.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^ well, we all can see that the shopkeeper is being rude and behaving in a haughty and irresponsible manner. doesnt that make him a bad choice?

Amarbir, did what any vegetable seller or road side hawker does. It is up to the buyer to do his due diligence before handing over the cash.

Amaribir's behavior is typical of most Indian vendors. If you do not want all this -- choose other online vendors. We are here to advise.

doomgiver

Warframe
@asingh, caveat emptor, true
but one thing i learnt : never trust a shopkeeper, no matter how slick or honest he is. he is eventually out to earn money.

and he said "sab chalege" instead of "1080 bhi chalega" bending words, double meanings.

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
@asingh..
1.There were no scratches whatsoever he is talking about but yes there may be some rubbing effect as I removed the plastic sheet off the body of the player...
2. I did enough research and concluded to buy the Asus MP
3. Yes I accept the fact that I bought it coz of his recommendation..but it was not a bad idea as it was clearly written on the box that it can handly 1080i/p content and moreover it had 1 TB HDD...so this influenced me a little bit..but the BIGGEST thing was his assurance that if nothing works he'll replace it for me...and being one of his OLD customers i thought that he really meants what he said...BUT now I've understood that it is only the PROFITS which is the biggest thing for a retailer like him..and customers are secondary...poor Amarbir!!

But I've seen Mr. Amarbir forcing his customers to buy the stuff he has in his shop in stead of providing them what they want for instance..
1. When I asked him for Seagate HDD he said.."Seagate is crap go for WD.."
2. When I asked him for high end Creative Sound Card...he said "I dont understand why people run around for creative when there are lot more better products."
3. When i asked him for Shure headphones..he said "Tell me why you want Shure when i can provide you a lot better HP from GRADO.."
4. When I asked him for Sennheiser he recommended "Bayer Dynamic.."

@Faun
Buddy, I had to buy that stuff for one of my friends...I told him about the Iomega one and he was excited abt the 1 TB HDD..moreover Amarbir said that ASUS is not in stock and it can only be arranged on order....

I always hated Iomega products and I told him straight away that once I had a very bad experience with Iomega (HDD i got free with my Laptop) but he assured me about everything...

Yes In a way it was my fault...Usually I never listen to a dealer once I made my mind but somehow I got confused as My friend was excited by the fact the it has pre installed HDD....and when The box said that it can play 1080 content then I thought that its not a bad deal anyway...as I assumed that it will serve the purpose...but sadly it never did..

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Look. Even after reading lot of poor feedback in various forums, you went to deal with that guy. That's first mistake.

Second, no matter what, stand by your choice. Otherwise you'll end up like this.

Third, go in person and talk to him and tell him that you're one of regular customers and blah,blah and try to get back your money or get the ASUS one.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
If dealer affects or tries to affect your judgement by making false claims, he is clearly cheating. It is not always possible to be aware of everything, sometimes we have to go by what is advised by the seller too.

@The Sorcerer: This is not the end of the story, such cases happen everyday and people get compensation from consumer court too :)

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
I just contacted the country head of Ioemga and he said it clearly that the missing plastic wrap could not create any trouble in getting the replacement..he assured me to look into the matter as it is the technical fault of the product...lets see...

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I just contacted the country head of Ioemga and he said it clearly that the missing plastic wrap could not create any trouble in getting the replacement..he assured me to look into the matter as it is the technical fault of the product...lets see...

That seems a good reply. Wait and see..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
static_X:
Did he say that he would replace if it does not render 1080pi..? If now he is going back on his words, than it is quite sad and bad of him. I doubt you can do much.

Best is, you can try to ask him to take it back AND take a credit not from Lynx for the same. Pick up something as a last transaction. Else if you do not want to deal with Lynx again (the better option), sell it for your friend at some loss.

Learning experience.

EDIT:
If the country head is saying so, then keep following up. Lynx will have to take it back as an RMA.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I Will Never Buy From Lynx India, I Know How He Talk About All The Stuff Like He Knows Everything.

Even The Pristine Note Guy Raised The Price And Nullified The Wooden Stand Offer The Very Day After I Inquired About The Price.

This... :D

@OP:

Seriously you gotta learn something from this experience:
- Never Listen to shopkeepers. They are clueless technically and their only skills like in talking people into buying their crap.
- If you hear bad feedback about a shop so many reputed places, why bother to buy from there.
- You don't like a brand, why get convinced by anyone else who knows less than you.

OP
static_x

static_x

In the zone
@asingh
This is anyhow going to be my last transaction with Lynx. Now the unit is with Lynx itself so I've requested him to give me the one I wanted (Asus O Play). I'm waiting for his response...If he agress..very good ..else I'll see what to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom