between Iphone 4 and HTC Desire HD

help me to decide between Iphone and HTC Desire HD i am confuse as

Iphone 4

* screen,camera,hd video,look,processor,os
* concerned about its antenna issue and getting service here as its not launched here officially and don't think that it will launch here until iphone 5 will be launched

HTC DESIRE HD HTC - Products - HTC Desire HD - Overview

* big screen(but not amoled),better camera,hd video,look,processor and os
* concerned about its battery issue as many people reporting this

which one to choose

meanwhile i really appreciate if any one who is using this phone can tell me as both brands are new for me so i dont know pro and cons associated with them...i am getting iphone from my relative from canada and have to decide before 8th jan and budget is not an issue

my current phone is n 95 so i am upgrading from it and i use my phone for photography+video making+games+mails+smsing

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
use iphone first.. people who talk bad about it and its limitations haven't yet came out of stone age lol..

Just jailbreak iPhone you wont have any limitation left !

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
among those two iphone 4 is better for for modding and playing around with OS, get Desire which is now selling for some 23k. You will still have enough cash to buy Android or iOS based PMP like Cowon D3 or ipod touch or Galaxy Player.

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
As per my requirement i use my phone to watch movies downloaded from net which are generally 700mb rip without converting or sometime to do it just for enhancing its resolution to get full screen display from it and then i love to shoot a lot of pics and then enhance them via photoshop so i need high megapixcel cam. Now in this year i am moving out of delhi to do mba so i need phone which support me for everything like becams pendrive whenever i need it,give me high quality pics/video so that i can preserve memories just like i did in my graduation and over all i can be able to share it with other people

When i talked to my friend who was using n 95 and then he bought ip3gs and now N8 and asked him to share his experience he told me that ip3gs is full of restriction.you have to jail break it for everything like to share file over bluetooth with non apple phone,laptop etc.iTunes syncing restriction like if you sync your phone with your laptop and then you connect your phone with another laptop it will need itune to be installed in it and then it will delete all your original content from your phone and write its own content over it,it will not act as USB device like other device and no service/support is available for it as its not officially launched in india so no accessory.no dedicated button for cam,file format support issue

As i am going to hostel this year so i dont want something which will stop me on these fronts...desire hd is having serious battery problem so i am planing to move to N8...what do you suggest

"bump"

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
You can play FULL HD videos on iPhone 4 I guess the player name was AVplayer for iphone and VLC which will let you and for transferring 700mb files without the use of iTunes use iPhoneBrowser or filer.. iPhone 4 now plays 1080p videos easily, does some XviD/DivX magic too

dude its not full of restrictions it is the best phone out there.. you just need to know how to use it to its max. potential..

and yea you have to jailbreak it only once not everytime like your friend is saying...

Last edited:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Offtopic:
to break free from all hassles, I would seriously suggest you to go with N8. I know iOS and Android are much better than Symbian, but they come with their own bundle of problems. For Android handsets to work according to your wish, you will need to install hundreds (not literally) of apps and root the device too...As you already have experience with N95 I am sure you will like N8 too. :)

OP
A

ashishstillthere

Journeyman
thanks gagan and krates for your quick reply

@krates what about its service issue as i will get it from canada officially unlocked version 16 gb black color and apple representative here has told me that they will not entertain me on ip4 in india

as you are telling me do jail break has to do 1 time only and then get application via cydia and then what about sharing issue via bluetooth and then itunes...i need to know this as i am a student and will do mba so i need to share a lot of things via phone and plz share your experience of owing iphone

(plz consider me as an ordinary student who use his cell as his all in one gadget and on which he can rely on for everything and iphone is having its own charm but with its share of flaw like connection issue,sharing issue,servicing issue as you can say its my investment coz when i bought n 95 it was just launched and use it to make over 10 gb of mobile pics and video of my graduation time and now its life is over so now i am considering an upgrade for my post graduation so if that phone disappoint me then i will not be able to change it before 3 years)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
@krates what about its service issue as i will get it from canada officially unlocked version 16 gb black color and apple representative here has told me that they will not entertain me on ip4 in india

I bought an iPhone 2g like 2 years back that too second hand sold it to my brother its still working good.. If you are not one of the unlucky guys it wont have any problem for years.. you can rely on apple.. Else theres a guy in delhi I got my 3g fixed once as its silent button got broken he can fix any damn iphone with some charge so dont worry it wont be used as a paper weight anyway!
as you are telling me do jail break has to do 1 time only and then get application via cydia and then what about sharing issue via bluetooth and then itunes...i need to know this as i am a student and will do mba so i need to share a lot of things via phone and plz share your experience of owing iphone
There was a bluetooth app for iPhone but it hasn't been updated you can expect it to be updated.. as a student of MBA get any 3g data plan activated on Docomo or Airtel and then you can directly email files via phone quick and easy... else there is no stable way..
(plz consider me as an ordinary student who use his cell as his all in one gadget and on which he can rely on for everything and iphone is having its own charm but with its share of flaw like connection issue,sharing issue,servicing issue as you can say its my investment coz when i bought n 95 it was just launched and use it to make over 10 gb of mobile pics and video of my graduation time and now its life is over so now i am considering an upgrade for my post graduation so if that phone disappoint me then i will not be able to change it before 3 years)

Get the iPhone 4 it wont lost its charm in 3 years even!... I can vouch on that!

Apart from the bluetooth problem get the iPhone you will love it.. it has got one of the most impressive battery life even!

dont go after any stupid reviews.. if they haven't used an Jailbroken iphone for review! Jailbroken iPhone can throw dirt on any phone I wont take my words back on that!

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@krates: do ipodTouch 4G also need to be Jailbroken.......

when i heard the word "Jailbroken iPhone 2G"....i thought it was broken in Jail.....by the criminals.....

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@krates: do ipodTouch 4G also need to be Jailbroken.......

when i heard the word "Jailbroken iPhone 2G"....i thought it was broken in Jail.....by the criminals.....
lol :p

Ofcourse if you want to use Cydia apps and install *ahem* stuff then you need to Jailbreak any iOS Device ;)

@OP
iPhone 4 is one hell of a device contrary to what people say ;)

.....But if you stay away from PC for a long period of time, then it will irritate you like anything :p, You need iTunes for everything concerned with iPhone and there are a few irritating bits with Apple, which you'll start to notice once your excitement of using an iDevice calms down. If you can live with them, go ahead :)

Frankly I don't think spending a premium for iPhone 4 is Justified, for that price you can get an Android Phone or any other Smartphone for 20K and get an iPod touch for the remaining amount and enjoy the best of both worlds ;)

abhidev

Human Spambot
lol :p

Ofcourse if you want to use Cydia apps and install *ahem* stuff then you need to Jailbreak any iOS Device ;)

@OP
iPhone 4 is one hell of a device contrary to what people say ;)

.....But if you stay away from PC for a long period of time, then it will irritate you like anything :p, You need iTunes for everything concerned with iPhone and there are a few irritating bits with Apple, which you'll start to notice once your excitement of using an iDevice calms down. If you can live with them, go ahead :)

Frankly I don't think spending a premium for iPhone 4 is Justified, for that price you can get an Android Phone or any other Smartphone for 20K and get an iPod touch for the remaining amount and enjoy the best of both worlds ;)

Very true....

Well I think you should wait for the reviews of Windows phone 7...coz they hv an awesome UI and also the games are too good.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Windows phone 7 is half copy of IOS the media transfer and all that I mean! If you wont be in the reach of computer then stay away from android / ios / w7 get symbian then!

abhidev

Human Spambot
Windows phone 7 is half copy of IOS the media transfer and all that I mean! If you wont be in the reach of computer then stay away from android / ios / w7 get symbian then!

Do WP7 phones require specific s/w to load media as I-phone requires I-tunes???

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
@krates

I don't need a PC for Android ;)
I use it only to copy songs and Flash Kernels, I even download & flash ROM's from phone itself.

@abhidev

WMP or Zune PC may be :p
Just kidding, donno about it ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom