Best Z68 Mobo in various Price Ranges

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
I'm taking back my comments on the previous post ;-) Z77 chipset has mobos are available at a chip price now in all budget ranges - if you want you can add them in the appropriate price ranges :

Asus ASUS P8Z77-M @ 8.2k

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO @ 11.9k

ASUS P8Z77-V @ 14.9k

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO @ 16.2k

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE @ 20.8k

But does Z77 mobo are better against Z68 in the Price-Performance Ratio ?

dfcols71

In the zone
yes they are if you look in newegg there are 77 series mbs ranging from 90usd-280 usd
if you want more feauture like wifi,marvel ssd , bluetooth,4fan connectors multi gpu crossfire/sli,thx /dolbysound those boards are costly

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
A $200 board for ~15K?
Sad story. None will buy unless they are crazy.
Any Gigabyte board pricing?

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ pcforumguy - Z77 mobos are indeed better than Z68 mobos.

@ d6bmg - not all z77 mobos are that much costly ; for eg. Asus P8Z77-M or Gigabyte Z77M-D3H and more under 10k z77 mobos are coming soon.

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
all 77 and 75 series motherboards @ newegg
Newegg.com - Z77MB410416

Nice find mate. The interesting thing is that all H77 based motherboard are having 4 RAM slots and USB 3.0 support unlike the H67 based ones. And yeah PCI Express 3.0 slot, SATA III & internal USB 3.0 header too. Good times ahead for the buyers who waited:)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ d6bmg - not all z77 mobos are that much costly ; for eg. Asus P8Z77-M or Gigabyte Z77M-D3H and more under 10k z77 mobos are coming soon.

Asus P8Z77-M is not a good overclocker.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is descent overclocker.
We should look at GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H & GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
@ pcforumguy - Z77 mobos are indeed better than Z68 mobos.

In my humble opinion - Z77 mobos are better than Z68 ONLY if anyone building rig with IVY Bridge-K CPUs.

What I have read as of now, there is clear indication that SNB + Z77 is not a Promising Combo b'cause Z77 mobo's lower power management is made for IVY's lower TDP not for SNB.

Well, anyone can point out why am I combining Z77 with SNB :shock:-
1] Availability of IVY in India - April 28 is US launch date, what will for India?
2] IVY's Price will be higher at the launch and will stay high for a while (I hope I will be wrong on this)

dfcols71

In the zone
well the ivy cpu will be priced in almost the same way of sandy bridge processor give or take 5-10 usd for some extreme models
Tech ARP - ED#134 : Intel To Launch Ivy Bridge Desktop Processors In April! Rev. 3.0

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asus P8Z77-M is not a good overclocker.
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H is descent overclocker.
We should look at GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H & GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H

I mentioned that mobo just for price comparision but with more models we will get a lot more good ( at OCing ) z77 mobos at affordable price range.

In my humble opinion - Z77 mobos are better than Z68 ONLY if anyone building rig with IVY Bridge-K CPUs.

What I have read as of now, there is clear indication that SNB + Z77 is not a Promising Combo b'cause Z77 mobo's lower power management is made for IVY's lower TDP not for SNB.

Well, anyone can point out why am I combining Z77 with SNB :shock:-
1] Availability of IVY in India - April 28 is US launch date, what will for India?
2] IVY's Price will be higher at the launch and will stay high for a while (I hope I will be wrong on this)

have a look at this ;-)

Intel?s Z77 Express And Lucidlogix MVP: New Features For Gamers : Z77 Express: USB 3.0 And Enhanced Manageability

By moving USB 3.0 onto the chipset without reducing the number of available PCIe 2.0 lanes, Z77 allows manufacturers to stuff more devices onto their boards at lower cost. In many instances, this means they can even avoid expensive multi-lane PCIe bridges to bring us enthusiast-class features at mainstream prices. While we probably wouldn’t spend the money to upgrade from Z68, new system builders have nothing to lose and a few small things to gain by choosing a motherboard with Intel’s latest mainstream platform controller hub.

so for new cpu buyers regardless of SB or IVB - Z77 chipset based mobos are better choice IMO.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Hey Guys,

Finally I have completed the list and it's specification differences after all :cool:

Check Out #1 Post for detail.

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
You should change the 'ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z' mobo in 12k-15k(B) list to 'ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z/GEN 3' . The Gen 3 model supports the PCIex 16 3.0 with an IVB processor and costs nearly the same( Just Rs 100-200 difference) :-D

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Very good work mate :thumbs:

Just a drop in the ocean !:)
Thanks !

Also add

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ...... Rs. 9500 + taxes

Buddy it's Best Z68 Mobo in various Price Ranges:wink:

You should change the 'ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z' mobo in 12k-15k(B) list to 'ASUS Maximus IV GENE Z/GEN 3' . The Gen 3 model supports the PCIex 16 3.0 with an IVB processor and costs nearly the same( Just Rs 100-200 difference) :-D

Thanks for point-out.
List updated.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great work - really appreciate the hard work you put behind this.

BTW, time to add Asus Maximus V Gene (Z77) in 15-20k category ;-)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1627200-post167.html

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
^^ great work - really appreciate the hard work you put behind this.
BTW, time to add Asus Maximus V Gene (Z77) in 15-20k category ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/1627200-post167.html

Thanks for appreciation !
About Z77 mobos, I think it's too early to add any Z77 mobo in the list (as we only have Asus's Z77 only on Flipkart and no other mobo avail in the market) and more importantly it's Z68 list remember :wink:.

Anyway I think, I am gonna add few AsRock Z68 mobos in the list as more n more suggestion I received in last couple of days; And I am thinking to do a same list for Z77 mobo but after few weeks as we can get them in the market.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ actually it's a little too late to make thread on z68 mobo now IMO ( no offense intended ) as the z77 mobos are on the verge to flood the market and replace the current z68 mobo line up from every manufacturer - it's compatibility with SB cpus and pci-e 3.0 ( only IVB cpu users ) and usb 3.0 features gives it some extra edge over z68 - so most future buyers of SB or IVB cpus will be inclined to the z77 mobos more.

Coming to the thread name it can be re-named anytime and as someone has got hold of a Asus Maximus V Gene (Z77) and some Asus z77 mobos are already up for sell means we will see more and more z77 mobos from every manufacturer at z68 mobos price range and z77 mobo will take the place of z68.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
^^ actually it's a little too late to make thread on z68 mobo now IMO (no offense intended ) as the z77 mobos are on the verge to flood the market and replace the current z68 mobo line up from every manufacturer - it's compatibility with SB cpus and pci-e 3.0 ( only IVB cpu users ) and usb 3.0 features gives it some extra edge over z68 - so most people be it future Sb or IVB cpu buyers will be inclied to the z68 mobos more.

Coming to the thread name it can be re-named anytime and as someone has got hold of a Asus Maximus V Gene (Z77) and some Asus z77 mobos are already up for sell means we will see more and more z77 mobos from every manufacturer at z68 mobos price range and z77 mobo will take the place of z68.

1] I searched minimum 2-3 forums for Best Z68 Mobo in various Price Ranges suggestions but couldn't find any single when I want to buy it (Feb.2012); So I just researched on my own (and with help from all you guys here) about Z68 mobo.And created this thread to help any newbie to get what best in his budget.
2] None taken. :wink:
3] It's typo, right?:p

Top Bottom