Best Z68 Mobo in various Price Ranges

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Oh, so you mean video port = On board graphics?

So, on Z68 boards lucid virtue will use dGPU & HD3000 ?

*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=32705

Can't connect monitor to the motherboard, so a graphic card is a must.. And adding a graphic card means you cannot use On board graphics..

Yes lucid virtue uses dGPU & iGPU..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Can't get you..
2. True.
3. If someone is getting a E-ATX mobo should get a full tower case..

No Display port onboard, a GPU is a must to run the PC..

Thats what i mentioned in post #31...:)

1. I mean to say this:
looking at the PSUs, Only Corsair AX850, AX1200, HX1050 and some CM Silent pro have 2x 8pin ports. When anyone is getting >1KWatt of PSU, he will definitely run (or have plan to run) SLI/CFX, or more than that. Now, adding 2 or more cards (say 3 cards) to a motherboard requires lot of space, which can be easily provided by E-ATX board. Plus it have space for adding one or two PCI-E 1x card(s).
So, overall condition is win-win.
And another thing, those who are planning to have such kind of rig mentioned above, should get full tower cabinet to get proper airflow. So, no problem is in that part too. :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
*www.guru3d.com/imageview.php?image=32705

Can't connect monitor to the motherboard, so a graphic card is a must.. And adding a graphic card means you cannot use On board graphics..

Yes lucid virtue uses dGPU & iGPU..

Even without display port of motherboard one can use lucid virtue in dGPU mode, apparently in which mode most of us use lucid virtue. :p

MegaMind

Human Spambot
1. I mean to say this:
looking at the PSUs, Only Corsair AX850, AX1200, HX1050 and some CM Silent pro have 2x 8pin ports. When anyone is getting >1KWatt of PSU, he will definitely run (or have plan to run) SLI/CFX, or more than that. Now, adding 2 or more cards (say 3 cards) to a motherboard requires lot of space, which can be easily provided by E-ATX board. Plus it have space for adding one or two PCI-E 1x card(s).
So, overall condition is win-win.
And another thing, those who are planning to have such kind of rig mentioned above, should get full tower cabinet to get proper airflow. So, no problem is in that part too. :)

So the conclusion is EVGA Z68 FTW is recommended only if 3-way SLI/CFX is required.. Else P8Z68 V PRO/Deluxe is a better choice..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Yes!! Tirupathi >> Rashi regarding RMA in most of the areas in India, which includes kolkata obviously.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Just curious whats wrong in adding Evga Z68 FTW in the list.!!!
I think all z68 board should be add to the list. So that it will be very easy for a user to choose the best board within their budget. :)

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Just curious whats wrong in adding Evga Z68 FTW in the list.!!!

EVGA Z68 FTW drawbacks - (as per my understanding from what I read here and other reviews :))

4 DIMM Dual-Channel DDR3 1333MHz+ (up to 16GB)
EATX mobo which requires Full Tower Cabinet
No onboard Display Ports
Over Cost in comparison to ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 and Deluxe (at least in India)

I think all z68 board should be add to the list. So that it will be very easy for a user to choose the best board within their budget. :)

1. As per Thread's Title suggest it should be Best Mobo list not All Z68 List.
2. That would create more confusion for mobo user.

...and from what I've heard, they are available with AsRocks new distributor in India

I think your pointing about this -
ASRock And DIGICARE Reveal Partnership In India To Provide New RMA Service

ASRock Z68 PRO3 GEN3 @~6K
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 @~8K
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 @~18K (this one is beast, can be compared to Maximus IV Extreme Z) Have almost everything.

Where did you find these prices? Any links?

dfcols71

In the zone
Originally Posted by d6bmg View Post
ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 @~18K (this one is beast, can be compared to Maximus IV Extreme Z) Have almost everything.
links please

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
I suppose, we have to finalize the list now b'cause I am going to add these mobos in the list which has detail descriptions; So anyone can compare these mobo side by side.
And that process take few hours so......check the list and post reply if any mobo we have missed to add in the list:)

Last edited:

dfcols71

In the zone
how about starting one thread for z 77 series and other 77 series motherboard because from now onwards anyone who is going to buy z68 series would most probably shift to 77 series mb

Last edited:
OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
how about starting one thread for z 77 series and other 77 series motherboard because from now onwards anyone who is going to buy z68 series would most probably shift to 77 series mb
I will try :cool:

....because from now onwards anyone who is going to buy z68 series would most probably shift to 77 series mb
Not until mid June or early July:wink:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way please check out newly created Specification and Difference List on #1 post.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

currently Z77 mobos are very highly priced and until IVB cpus are releasing the current Z68 mobos are much better suited for SB K sku cpu buyers.

We can only recommend Z77 mobos to those who have 15-20k budget for the mobo ;-)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Originally Posted by d6bmg View Post
links please

These are most probable costs quoted by asrock importer (forgot the name of the company) in India almost 2 months ago.

OP
pcforumguy

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Off the topic -

currently Z77 mobos are very highly priced and until IVB cpus are releasing the current Z68 mobos are much better suited for SB K sku cpu buyers.

But what you (and other hardware gurus) recommend after launch of Z77 mobos for optimal performance-price ratio :
Z77 + SB-K
Z77 + IVY / K
Z68 + SB-K
Z68 + IVY / k

dfcols71

In the zone
z77 motherboards seem to be more stable than z68 mb the new chipsets have IGP outputs to take advantage of the IGP, and the main differences lie in PCIe 3 configuration usb3 limitations and use of Intel’s Smart Response Technology,wifi added in some models,better multi gpu connector(pcie slot) spacing

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Off the topic -

But what you (and other hardware gurus) recommend after launch of Z77 mobos for optimal performance-price ratio :
Z77 + SB-K
Z77 + IVY / K
Z68 + SB-K
Z68 + IVY / k

I'm taking back my comments on the previous post ;-) Z77 chipset has mobos are available at a chip price now in all budget ranges - if you want you can add them in the appropriate price ranges :

Asus ASUS P8Z77-M @ 8.2k

ASUS P8Z77-M PRO @ 11.9k

ASUS P8Z77-V @ 14.9k

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO @ 16.2k

ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE @ 20.8k

dfcols71

In the zone
you can add this also to z77
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H Intel Motherboard-8,950
Gigabyte Z77M-D3H Intel Motherboard - Hardwire.in

Top Bottom