Best Youtube Downloaders - 2015

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey Guys, lets make a list of the best youtube downloaders. Free software is appreciated.

Features that make sense:

1. Playlist download.
2. Dash download(i.e able to download video and audio separately and combine them)
-> DASH: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Adaptive_Streaming_over_HTTP
3. Able to convert videos after download - optional but helps.
4. Able to download audio only and optionally convert.
5. No or little popups and nagging.
6. Browser integration - optional but helps.
7. Able to pause download, limit bandwidth during download and acceleration.

I use: Free Video Downloader by Freemake - YouTube Downloader

What do you guys use?

PS: Freemake allows unlimited Playlist download.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] - I used 4k till I read your post. Now I have switched to Freemake just due to the fact that it has unlimited playlist download.

TFS. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
same here IDM for OC and Tubemate on Android. Worked perfectly fine for me so far.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] - I used 4k till I read your post. Now I have switched to Freemake just due to the fact that it has unlimited playlist download.

TFS. :)
That's one of the best features of FreeMake, I put in a 100-200 video playlist before going to bed. Start the download at midnight. At 1.00 AM the 6mbps night speed kicks in. The playlist gets downloaded when I wake up.
For music playlist I can download 400-500 videos per night(audio only).

In fact I have downloaded so much over that past few months that I have run out of space in my Mobile to carry all the music. Hence I had decided that my next phone must have support for a SD card.

Now only if I get a downloader with all the features of FreeMake but also ability to stop a download and restart it even after a system restart(need to check whether Freemake actually has these feature or not).

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
That's one of the best features of FreeMake, I put in a 100-200 video playlist before going to bed. Start the download at midnight. At 1.00 AM the 6mbps night speed kicks in. The playlist gets downloaded when I wake up.
For music playlist I can download 400-500 videos per night(audio only).

In fact I have downloaded so much over that past few months that I have run out of space in my Mobile to carry all the music. Hence I had decided that my next phone must have support for a SD card.

Now only if I get a downloader with all the features of FreeMake but also ability to stop a download and restart it even after a system restart(need to check whether Freemake actually has these feature or not).
Damn
Does freemake allow you to login.. Can we add our watch later playlist

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Damn
I'll check once I reach home and let you know. Meanwhile if [MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] can help that would be great.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Since youtube video download links change dynamically so basically any app which allows to change the download URL like IDM, can support your requested feature. I'm yet to see a stand alone video downloader do this, except normal file downloaders.

Damn

I don't see such option. Even though it has got option of adding youtube and other social accounts, it shows no changes even after you add them (at least in my case).

Why do you wan't such small thing ? It's just as easy as copy paste.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Since youtube video download links change dynamically so basically any app which allows to change the download URL like IDM, can support your requested feature. I'm yet to see a stand alone video downloader do this, except normal file downloaders.

I don't see such option. Even though it has got option of adding youtube and other social accounts, it shows no changes even after you add them (at least in my case).

That's coz I just add videos to watch later and then download them using snaptube or tubemate

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
Damn
Yes:
*i62.tinypic.com/i5som0.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

But this option is not there.

- - - Updated - - -

That's coz I just add videos to watch later and then download them using snaptube or tubemate
Add them to a playlist, I do that, takes 1 extra keypress to add a video to that playlist. After download I just delete and recreate the playlist.

Raghul

Broken In
I use online download services like Clipconvert
Offers Online conversion and dedicated download link. also supports audio only.

Start the download at midnight. At 1.00 AM the 6mbps night speed kicks in. The playlist gets downloaded when I wake up.
For music playlist I can download 400-500 videos per night(audio only)..

which ISP? and which plan?

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I use online download services like Clipconvert
Offers Online conversion and dedicated download link. also supports audio only.

which ISP? and which plan?
Wishnet Kolkata, they have just reduced their tariff today.

Now I need to pay 850/- incl. taxes for 1mbps true unlimited(no FUP), 1:00-9:00AM 6mbps, torrent, youtube and playstore caching. Torrent peering is also there and gives upto 80mbps for highly seeded torrents.

Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta

Raghul

Broken In
Wishnet Kolkata, they have just reduced their tariff today.

Now I need to pay 850/- incl. taxes for 1mbps true unlimited(no FUP), 1:00-9:00AM 6mbps, torrent, youtube and playstore caching. Torrent peering is also there and gives upto 80mbps for highly seeded torrents.

Tariff : Wish Net Private Limited : Best Broadband in Kolkta

that sounds great. here I'm struck with BSNL as the only ISP in the area.

yes, I live in suburbs.

Top Bottom