best vfm screen+gpu for 18k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
11k is too much, as ive only a total budget of only max upto 9.5k for GPU.
i strongly feel VX 450 isnt worth the price. if i had that kinda money, i wud either settle for EA 650 or Glacial 650, both 84% efficient and overloads to 750w+ easily and both costs 4.8k.

im getting a 4850 offer for 6.5k. sounds good. shud i take it guys?
he has a musashi cooler too, and bundled price is 8k. its a gr8 one.

for PSU, this zeb pro 550 new seems perfect vfm @ 1.6k as new boxed one is for 2.9~3k local, and HEC OEMS are lot better than CM EP. And i think it can handle a 4850.
it +12v ratings are 20A on each of the dual rails.

shud i take it with or w/o the cooler?

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
11k is too much, as ive only a total budget of only max upto 9.5k for GPU.
i strongly feel VX 450 isnt worth the price. if i had that kinda money, i wud either settle for EA 650 or Glacial 650, both 84% efficient and overloads to 750w+ easily and both costs 4.8k.

im getting a 4850 offer for 6.5k. sounds good. shud i take it guys?
he has a musashi cooler too, and bundled price is 8k. its a gr8 one.

for PSU, this zeb pro 550 new seems perfect vfm @ 1.6k as new boxed one is for 2.9~3k local, and HEC OEMS are lot better than CM EP. And i think it can handle a 4850.
it +12v ratings are 20A on each of the dual rails.

shud i take it with or w/o the cooler? im in a hurry

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
HD 4850 from an 8800GT isn't what I call an uprgade.

SUggestion:

Don't upgrade from 8800GT to HD4850 now, wait for 40nm DX11

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
VX450 is probably the best PSU that you can get at that budget. The prices have increased since i bought it for 3.2k. CM extreme power would be negative choice. Known to have high failure rates. Works at very low wattage!.

GPU you can go for GTX 260 Core 216 11K. HD 4850 Sonic is a better choice that would come up to 9K i think.

But eventually its your call!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ejjactly.

@dominator, wait for 40nm GPUs. totally unnecessary to upgrade to HD4850 right now.

Also, don't tempt for zebronics stuff. I did the same for mercury UPS and had to buy a new APC inside a year. In effect, I paid 5k for a 500VA UPS. :). Also, I changed three Zeb PSUs in two years and finally went for VX450W.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^he is getting EVGA GTX260 216core SC edition for 9k...three months old, and hav KMD warranty from TE. wat do u guys think?? gr8 vfm, nah?? or is it wise to wait for 40nms or for the price cuts??

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
First of all there is wait for 40nm, then there is a wait for their price to drop. Considering Indian market that could be a long wait. If the OP is ready to wait that long then its ok. HD 48xx prices have dropped.. i think. So he can go for it. GTX260 would give you gaming peace for atleast the next two years! That's a long time...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
The things is he already has 8800GT and I don't think there is any hurry for him to get new GPU. This is the reason why I am asking him to wait for 40nm. They are lot lot faster and cooler and takes much less power than current gen cards.

HD4770 has 80W TDP
HD4850 has 110W TDP

Now, nvidia has released bunch of 40nm GPUs for mobile platform. So, expect the same for desktops.

surinder

Tech addict
^^he is getting EVGA GTX260 216core SC edition for 9k...three months old, and hav KMD warranty from TE. wat do u guys think?? gr8 vfm, nah?? or is it wise to wait for 40nms or for the price cuts??
Yes,I think it is a very good deal when considering 4850 is still in 8K plus range and not a big jump from his existing 8800GT but GTX260 216core SC edition is a really good upgrade from 8800GT and can serve him for long time to come. I don't think 40NMs are going to hit Indian market very soon spatially at reasonable prices. So deal should be done in my opinion.

For PSU my vote goes to Antec EA 650W as well.

Last edited:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
HD4850 at 8k comes no where near the EVGA GTX260 216core Super Clocked edition...and he needs a GPU badly as one of his system is not having IGP and is planning to put the 8800GT on dat rig when he gets the new GPU...and he is more into multi-player LAN party.

surinder

Tech addict
So for which system he is in need of PSU? Is it one in which he is going to install his existing 8800 or is it other one in which he is going to install a much more power Hungary GPU EVGA GTX260 216core Super Clocked offered to him?

For first one he can go with a CX 400 @3K or he can try his luck with Zebby offered deal to him @1.5K.

For second one at least he should go with VX 450 @4K but my favorite for this system is EA 650 @4.8k.

Last edited:
OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
got 2 underpowered system:cry:
both with X2 4200+ oced to 2.9Ghz. [one is am2 nd other 939].

gtx 260 goes to the Am2 one with 3Gb DDR2@950Mhz.
GTX 260 needs 34~36A on 12v rail.
ive searched for zebby Pro review, and foundout they are actually HEC OEMs. HEC are good PSUs..far better than CM EP series.
and im getting an amazing deal of Pro 550 @ 1.6k whose original cost is 3k.
it has dual 12v rail with 20A each[total 40A]. I havnt purchased it yet, and still using it:-D

will only pay if it works fine with the gtx 260. Also at TE, ive seen people running C2D OCED with HD 4770 on pro 350w PSU stable.

ill maybe upgrade just the CPU to an AII 250 in 2~3 months, and will get a 2Gb stick to make it dual channel.
nyway, im waiting for the 260 superclock.:smile:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
u can get HUNTKEY TITAN 650watts PSU for 3.8K which has 4 12v rail on 18A

but its not good for GTX 260 OCed

u can use it with HD 4850 sonic no problem many of them are using

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Hi, finally settling for a Sapphire 4870 512 ddr5. Prices has fallen to earth for ATI cards.
Getting a new one for 9.4k. 1Gb one still costs a fortune @ 11.2k final. So settling for a 512.
Also gonna get some 120mm LED high performance fans.

Im delaying the monitor upgrade to nxt month. Might get a samsung 2233. Heard its now < 10.5k.

Hi, plz suggest a good laser printer below 5~5.5k
im not into this printers much. had 2 printers in past, and both dies pathetically.
one was Olivetti Artjet photo printer, whose parts wasnt available nywhere. Nxt was Canon Pixma Ip 1500 photo. that too dies many times and have spend almost 2.5k on it. It died again, and no i dun wanna spend one more Rs on it.

I want a laser, which is reliable, and refillable/cheap compatible toner cartridges are available.
Heard newer models comes with unrefillable sealed cartridges, and also wont work with cheaper compatibles one, is there ny truth. Plz help with some model nos.
printing speed isnt a problem, as i was got used to inkjets this whole time. lasers gonna be faster nyways.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Hi, finally settling for a Sapphire 4870 512 ddr5. Prices has fallen to earth for ATI cards.
Getting a new one for 9.4k. 1Gb one still costs a fortune @ 11.2k final. So settling for a 512.
Also gonna get some 120mm LED high performance fans.

Thats really gud choice in the future u can go for crossfire thats really nice

Which PSU ?? finally ??

OP
dOm1naTOr

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
its 8.8k+tax+ship=9.4k

currently gonna try on a Zeb Pro 550[havnt paid it]. its rated at 40A on 12v rail. 4870 need 34A only.
If it works, gonna get it for 1.6k. Else wudve to look for better PSU.
im currently running an OCed X2 @ 2.9Ghz 1.55v with an oced 8800GT. Its real stable and completed occt test.
checking at extremeoutervision PSU calculator, system needs a 450W PSU. I think it can hold.
moreover, it indicated a 90nm X2 4200+ oced to 2.9FGhz at 1.55v consumes 160W !!!
hell !!!
Just lowering the OC to 2.7Ghz at 1.4V will reduce power consumption to 120W.
So might lower the overclock of CPU reduce power consumption by 40W if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom