Best Value for money Desktop within 85k

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Yeah, The name is Shin Etsu and also you don't have to be so picky about such spell mistakes as we all know that you know the technical words very well.....:)

:(
I did not want to come across as a know-it-all. I only wanted to confirm weather what I knew was correct.

I had a feeling that Corsair made their cabinets look plain, unlike other manufacturers. So I never bothered to study its features and functionality.

@manju: Where is VS2621 @ 1.5k?

S_V

In the zone
:(
I did not want to come across as a know-it-all. I only wanted to confirm weather what I knew was correct.

I had a feeling that Corsair made their cabinets look plain, unlike other manufacturers. So I never bothered to study its features and functionality.

I am just kidding mate... Cool Yaar....

That shin paste is not the same paste which comes with H70. Infact H70 comes with better version and not available anywhere.. It's exclusive for H70 by Shin to corsair..

@Regarding Corsair,
Nope it's not plain Cabinet at all.. If you have time,,just go through this video

Warning:- Your mind will get spoiled
[YOUTUBE]oX87TPid_po[/YOUTUBE]

Corsair launched their cabby's as not only Best and world Class . They also designed to get updates and available for low cost for their Front and Hot swap with latest updates such USB 3.0 and Sata 6 Hotswap which is very sweet and rare thing to happen in Cabinet Industry. I am really Happy that my cabby is update to date for all Features available out there..

See in this link , the accessories for already released Obsidian series is really well thought and designed to upgrade later..

Bond_Killer

Eco-Friendly
Wow, now thats really cool.

But Haf - X has something else offered to gamers compared to Corsair.

In short : HAF X or 932 is good a Air & as well as Liquid cooling, but Corsair 800 is always good with Liquid & HAF X is just little bit smaller than Corsair 800D. Whereas the headroom & built of Corsair is of top notch as well as Price, but HAF is a beast.

BTW let not forget this "A BEAST DOESN'T LOOK GOOD, BUT PERFORMS LIKE A BEAST". This is the case with HAF.

@S_V: Whatever accessories are included in the link posted by you are already included with HAF X Cabinet, instead of buying it separate..

Case Accessories - Cases

1. Graphite Series™ 600T Side Panel with Windowed and Mesh Inserts
2. Hot-swap drive tray for Obsidian Series® 800D.
3. Obsidian Series® 800D SATA 6Gb/s Upgrade Kit [These are common in new mobo's itself]
4. Obsidian Series® 800D/700D Front Panel USB 3.0 Upgrade Kit.
5. Windowed Side Panel for Obsidian Series® 800D/700D Full-Tower Case.

Corsair launched their cabby's as not only Best and world Class . They also designed to get updates and available for low cost for their Front and Hot swap with latest updates such USB 3.0 and Sata 6 Hotswap which is very sweet and rare thing to happen in Cabinet Industry. I am really Happy that my cabby is update to date for all Features available out there..

All the above things are listed are already available with HAF, may be the quality of the build may vary but don't go wrong with a HAF buddy.

refer : Corsair 800D vs. Coolermaster HAF X - E760, i750, GTX-480 SLI

HAF 932 Fulltower vs corsair obsidan 800D? | Rodney Reynolds

Last edited:
OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Corsair 800D does have its merits, but is completely biased toward people who use liquid cooling. As for air cooling in Corsair, you will constantly need to replace your fans as they age. I do agree that the 800D is great, but I am not sure if it will fit my needs perfectly.

@S_V: It is a pity that the TIM that comes loaded with H70 cant be obtained again:(
About the upgrading features of 800D, I agree it is awesome.

@Bond: The beast of my HAF X is sleeping on my table, thanks to Indian mobo dealers.

@manju & Gaurav: I have given the details to my cousin, he is now scavenging Coimbatore for his speakers :D

S_V

In the zone
@Bond_Killer

I hope you are aware that I used and using Both Cabinets. So i too know advantages and disadvantages between them very well.

Let me correct you in some things here...

Here corsair 800D released a while back compared to HAF X. That's why HAF X comes with little updates but does only have USB 3.0 but it's not native support its just an Alternative. I am talking about Blue cables which you have to run from mobo Back panel to Front Ports rather than directly from Mobo chips. So it's an workaround only. Though Coolermaster promised to replace with original wire with BLUE ones(Till date no replacements). We can forget about that in India.. Also HAF X doesn't not have option to have Sata 6 HotSwap like Corsair 800D updates do....

Also Without Wheels ,HAF X is pretty much smaller than 800D vastly.. Only the Thickness equals with 800D ,Length and Height is pretty smaller and looks very short side by side...

Also HAF X screwed many users with their flaw design in Front Panel... I forgot to mention to the @OP about the version he got. There are two versions in HAF X ,Initial Stage ones and Second Version with Revised Front Panel(some plastic protection inside Front Panel Circuit)..

Nevertheless HAF X does perform very well especially with HDD cooling.. I did find vast difference in HDD. Little in Vid cards... But not all in Processor cooling...compared to Corsair 800D..

I think you should go through these ones. Just for safety precaution.. Though Coolermaster did pay'ed many customers their damages. But this is not going to be happen in India. If anything happens...

Forum1 with problems dedicated thread

Forum2 with Problems
etc.....

I did face few issues with Front Panel but Luckily i did some protections myself and till then no problems at all...

@OP...
you should also go through them very carefully.. If you got OLD stock, don't panic just use the precautions we did in those forums...

Last edited:

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
The Corsair Obsidian 800D is seriously an amazing piece of engineering...I am saving money for it from a long-long time...:)

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
@S__V: I am looking into the links that you have given me. Let me check my case and update here.

@S_V: I just finished looking into the HAF X front panel, and I found that it is a complete fix version that has been posted in one of the threads that you posted links to, above. I also went a step further and taped every wire joint that is near the front panel switches, with insulation tapes. I also had to tape the edges of the plastic insulator that CM had put in, as there was not much adherence to the PCB.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
Here are the pics:
The PCB as it was when I first took it out of the front panel.

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010728.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010730.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010732.jpg

This is how it looks like after I finished taping:

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010733.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010734.jpg

*i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff461/rrshankar/P1010735.jpg

I had to use the camera flash to get a clear picture of what things look like.

OP
lordirecto

lordirecto

In the zone
^ I too am waiting for that only, u know.....

I connected my BenQ HD2220 to my laptop, and found that there is backlight bleeding. It can be easily visible in the lower region of the screen, through the entire width of the lower screen near the BenQ logo. Some bleeding also extends to the middle of the screen on the left edge near the front bezel.
What do I do? I have not contacted BenQ or SMC about it. Anyone have had experience like mine? Please advice me at the earliest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom