best speaker system in 5.1 category???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayneu

Journeyman
i need to buy a 5.1 channel speaker system, but i am confused about the fact that whether i go for a brand name or the features. i am more concerned of features.
so i thought of asking it here. i need to know which speaker system has the maximum RMS and its price. and the price range is 10-15k. i need the best quality sound thats why i am insisting on RMS. so guys pls give me ur genuine experiences and mention a best speaker system to buy with good sound output(max RMS)...

mod-the-pc

Back to School Mr. Bean !
mayneu said:
i need the best quality sound thats why i am insisting on RMS.
RMS is not the indication of sound quality. RMS dictates the loudness. I would look into THD & S/N for the quality of sound. (Chaos & Zhop correct me if I'm wrong) Above all sound quality is subjective, so better listen to the speakers before you buy them.

Coming back to your question, the Logitech z5300 will fit in your budget. It costs around 12K.

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
how much does logitech z5500 costs???
thank you for correcting me. i need loudness as well as clarity... that means i dont want to hear a noise even in high volume...
by the way, u didnt give me any options, u straight away jumped to logitech??? even i had that choice in my mind. but i wanted to know any other good speaker systems are available other than logitech...
which one do u suggest, z5300 or z5500???

mod-the-pc

mayneu said:
by the way, u didnt give me any options, u straight away jumped to logitech???
The 5300 is the only decent 5.1 system that would fit in your budget
mayneu said:
even i had that choice in my mind. but i wanted to know any other good speaker systems are available other than logitech...
which one do u suggest, z5300 or z5500???
z5500 costs around 25K. It comes with a dolby/dts decoder, auxillary inputs and a wireless remote. But its no way near your budget

mediator

Technomancer
I bought Altec lansing 5.1 151i speakers for Rs.2800 and it sound is excellent. It has both stereeo and and surround mode. Surround mode is mind boggling!

OP
mayneu

mayneu

Journeyman
thanks mod-the-pc for ur valuable suggestion. i have decided to buy logitech z 5300 only. with my budget its the best buy i guess...

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
mayneu said:
thanks mod-the-pc for ur valuable suggestion. i have decided to buy logitech z 5300 only. with my budget its the best buy i guess...

i would say you go wid Creative Megaworks THX 550 , they're round 9k n are terrific .

mod-the-pc

piyush gupta said:
Altec buddy or Bose(if u can afford them)
Not bose at the lower end. I've heard Altec Lansing VS4121 and Bose companion speakers side by side. The Bose ones were not anyway near the Altec Lansing. Not sure of the high end Bose ones though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom