Best Smartphone under Rs.20,000

Darshan Singh

Broken In
I want to buy an Android smartphone for my father under Rs.20,000. As my father won't be needing much processing power, a speedy processor is not a requirement. But the phone should have a good, crisp screen with a high pixel density. As of brand, I know Xolo has some good phones in this range but I would prefer Sony or Samsmung over any other. The two phones I have come across from Sony are Xperia SP and Xperia V which have more than 300 ppi screen. Out of these two I would prefer Xperia V as it has a higher density screen and a high resolution camera although the screen size is somewhat smaller than Xperia SP.

I need your suggestions guys. Is Xperia V a good phone? Should I go for it? Please advice. I may extend the budget by one or two thousand Rupees more if I get something extraordinary.

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
^ Grand 2 is not under 20k .. xperia SP or Moto G.

@OP - Xperia V is good but small.. also no warranty here in India..

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ I know it's not 20k but OP mentioned that he can extend budget by 1-2k. Read the last line of his post. Besides Grand 2 has a bigger screen and is easy to use for every age.

Hrishi

^only buy an imported phone if you understand and willing to accept the risks , as they don't come with warranty.
Don't buy grand either.
IMO , xperia sp is a good deal .

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Galaxy S3 may not have a gorgeous screen but imho amoleds are pretty nice. And besides, you get a great performing cam too.

Purely in terms of screen Moto G is a great buy within your budget. 329 ppi IPS LCD + Gorilla Glass @13.9k but then again its neither a Sony nor a Samsung and besides, the non-removable battery might become a problem 2 years later.

Now I would have suggested you an Optimus G E975 or a Note 2 but sadly they don't figure anywhere near the 20k mark (Optimus G AT&T version may be possible to get but the Note 2 is stubbornly positioned well beyond the 20k mark)

OP
Darshan Singh

Darshan Singh

Broken In
Thanks guys for your suggestions.

I have never liked the design of Samsung phones. So I think I should go for either Xperia SP or Moto G. It will all depend upon whichever I can find easily in my town. Anyways, thanks again guys for your time.

neetu55

Right off the assembly line
Online Shopping

Hi!
I want to buy samsung mobile with good discount. I found many sites like Coupon Code Bazaar- Deals, Coupons and Promo Code , Coupondunia.com for online shopping but i cant find suitable website. I cant buy products from market because i dont have time and the cost of market products are high. so can you tell me that which is the best site for online mobiles. Please tell me and email me ASAP

Go and preorder a Moto G 16Gb for Rs14,000. It will probably go out of stock as soon as it arrives and all since all the pre-order people will be given first priority.

Or wait for Xperia G, same as Moto G but better looks and expandable storage

but if you dont mind spending 20k then get Xperia SP

daltandale

New to this forum
Online stores are really helps us to view different branded mobiles with best discount prices in various models.

Top Bottom