Best shoe brand in India for Formal and Casual !!!!

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys

Since many of the online shopping sites are selling lots of cloths and shoe brand now, i am eager to know which is the best shoe brand we can trust for quality and VFM

Please suggest based on your experience, which are the good shoe brands in india

* BATA
* Red Tape
* Lee Cooper
* Hush Puppies
* Woodland
* Etc.

Please suggest based on your experience

ajayritik

Technomancer
I think mostly brand may depend based on the type of shoes you want. For example recently I bought Puma Sports shoes and they are pretty good.
Red Tape and Lee Cooper brand also are good for formal wear.
Woodland is more popular for the rugged look.

ashs1

Padawan
Bata for slippers and sandals.
Woodland for a rugged looking shoes ( like ajayritik said)
Lee cooper and Fila for casual shoes.
Hush puppies for a formal look.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
is Bata an Indian brand, my searches shows that Hush puppies are from Bata only, but Bata is way cheaper than Hp and Lee copper.

A formal shoe from Bata starts at 1000, Lee copper from 2400 and hush puppies from above 3000

it seems bata is way to go for pricing and quality

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wear only Bata. Cheap and good!

I only own 1 pair of Bata sandals, 1 pair of Bata Rs. 60 dark blue dotted slippers (now Rs. 150!?!?), 1 pair of Woodland shoes which I got in a sale and 1 pair of Power (again Bata) jogging shoes.

Net spend for all of the above has been less than Rs. 2500.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
^Wow that's economical!!

I have 2 pairs of Reebok's, both ~8k and 1 branded Leather shoes for formal occasion. I forgot the brand name. ~5k

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
really man, do people spend too much on shoes, i always wonder, how much percentage of salary a person willing to pay for show, i will keep it upto 5 to 10 % provided the shoes is from good brand and looks good and has some VFM.

man i do go to mall and big shops, and when i see price tag of those things, like a shirt for Rs 2000, a jeans for rs 3000, man i wonder who can buy all those cosly cloths,

but i know if people are running business for years they do make money and profits, so there are buyers for that

ajayritik

Technomancer
I bought Puma shoes from Flipkart sale. Actual price in stores around 10k but got it for 6k. People at office are making fun of me for spending so much on shoes.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
if you want to buy shoes from a good brand, wait for clearance sales.. they happen in almost all major shopping malls like reliance footpath etc
I got Reebok Zignano Burn for 2.5k even though their actual cost is around 3.5k

ajayritik

Technomancer
What is Reliance Footpath? Did you mean Reliance Foot Prints or clearance sale kept on Footpaths every weekend?

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Please dont associate woodland with "formals" .Apparently ,they make good shoes that last long .
And dont go by brand names blindly ,I had my 250 rs sneakers running for 7 years successfully(planning to put in my showcase /hung up the ceiling in memmory of college days) along with 1.5 k formals that lasted for a month.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
seriously man, how many pair a guy needs, i know girls watns everything matching, but a guy with 10 pair of shoes, ???

i would keep a black pair for formal, a brown pair wihich works with formal as well as casual, and pair of loafer for normal walk on streets, market etc, that is more than enough

- - - Updated - - -

any way i came to that Bata is not indian brand and they also own Hush Puppies (very costly brand)

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
There are some Woodland models that almost look OK for a formal setting but really formal per se. But they do last long! I know a friend who wore the same pair for 5 years of his student life!
I generally prefer them these days for all occasions. Pure leather formals are too high maintenance for my laziness ;)

Legend

Right off the assembly line
Bata is Best and woodland is amazing if you are gonna use it for outside use.

ajayritik

Technomancer
any way i came to that Bata is not indian brand and they also own Hush Puppies (very costly brand)
Just because it stocks Hush Puppies does that imply that Bata is not an Indian Brand.
In that case most of the supermarkets keep imported stuff does that make them Not Indian?

Top Bottom