Best phone for Rs10,000 +/- 2000/-. It's a little urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
It'surgent becuase a really pretty girl asked me this and i told her i will tell her by day after tomorrow. It should have a really good music player with clear, loud sound. One very imp function required is that it should be possible to password protect folders in this. This should atleast be possible by installation of some free software.
Please be quick. This is an emergency.

K

krazyfrog

baccilus said:
One very imp function required is that it should be possible to password protect folders in this. This should atleast be possible by installation of some free software..
Which folders are you talking about, the message folders or the images folder?
Considering your first priority, i'd suggest W550i. But for your second priority you'll need a smartphone. None of the Nokia phones in this price range have good sound. In short you can't have both features in this budget. You'll have to sacrifice one. (BTW when you do tell the girl, don't be a hero and take all the credit. Give some to us too :D)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
yes, if you want to lock individual files you can use many java file encryption software available which can be installed on w550i, w300i and w700i which fit in the budget givin you all that you ask for!

K

krazyfrog

Stick said:
W800i Rs.13000/- your GF never forget you
W800i has been discontinued a long time ago, replaced by W700i and W810i. Also @Stick, he never mentioned that the girl is his GF. He only said she is a pretty girl (do you really think he'd been in such a hurry to get the solution if that girl was his GF? :D)

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thanks a lot guys for your replies. She is not my girlfriend. but i am crazy about her. She needs to password protect her msg's folder besides other folders.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
Yaar, she is Girl and Friend, why you snatched wrong means?

By the way W800i discountinue by SE not by Dealer if any one have by it or PM me I will give you address to buy from.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Thanks friends. I will advice w700i and w550i to her as she wont go beyond her budget. But then i will have to arrange a password protection software for her myself. Is it easily available for free over the net? If you have it, can i please have it from you? And also tell me about the battery life.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

Dude you can't add softwares in W700i and W550i cause they aren't smartphones. If folder protection via software is of prime importance, i'll suggest you suggest her Nokia 6630.

outlaw

De@d
i found a folder locking application for sony ericsson

da download link

*www.4shared.com/file/4681486/a781536c/filelock.html

source: esato
*www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=133338

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
baccilus said:
Thanks friends. I will advice w700i and w550i to her as she wont go beyond her budget. But then i will have to arrange a password protection software for her myself. Is it easily available for free over the net? If you have it, can i please have it from you? And also tell me about the battery life.
Thanks in advance.

:D :p ;) and I think you are going to Buy and Present her the phone

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
tell that pretty gal abt nokia 3230
(is she mansi?????)
do reply my question dude
k750i(no softies)
v3i

i hope thats enough

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
among the phones listed above, DON'T buy these phones:
6600 (except file locking facility this phone has no features that you ask for)

v3i, 6270 , 6233 and k750i are basically the same phones when it comes to software installation. they support only java software.

OP
baccilus

baccilus

Cyborg Agent
Hi Monsta. She is not mansi. I am not going to gift her the phone myself. I would have if i had the money :)
And can any one please tell me about V3i? Does it have the features that i need?

Last edited:

shashank_re

In the zone
I dont recommend Motorala.Their software is completely crappy.They suck.
At present iam having an L7 and iam fedup of it.Iam planning to upgrade to an W700i.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom