Best laptop for multitasking under Rs30K

blackpearl

The Devil
I'm looking for a laptop under Rs 30K. My primary usage will be surfing and word processing, but I will be multi tasking like hell. 40+ browser tabs, Windows Live Writer, a Feed Reader, Picasa and may be music playing in the background. I don't game. I want a laptop will pure processing power and fast response.

I have zeroed in on a few laptops that I present here. Best features are marked with green, good ones are marked with yellow.

*i.imgur.com/TbM42.png

I'm leaning towards HP630 because it has a fast HDD. 7200 RPM which will decrease wait time, but the Toshiba ones look tempting from the price point.

How are Toshiba laptops?

Which will feel faster? i3 2330 with 7200 RPM disk or i5 2430 with 5400 RPM disk?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'd chose Acer from above. Reason- Apart from Dell, its most trustable brand (at least in my opinion) of all the above. Why not Dell- These days Dell is not really DELL.

7200 over 5400 sounds good, but its nothing that will make you feel "O boy that's something faster", except for file transfers b/w partitions. But it does helps overall. Its recommended anyday.

Toshiba laptops, :rolleyes: Can't say.

Which will feel faster? i3 2330 with 7200 RPM disk or i5 2430 with 5400 RPM disk?

Obviously later. Also, again i5 over i3 will make things faster, not feel faster. It will help immensely in de/compression, encoding/decoding and also in multi tasking.

My suggestion, go for i5 + 4GB RAM , ignore HDD.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
ASUS P53E-S0101D / 2nd Gen Core i5 / 4 GB / 750 GB / DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

aroraanant

Explorer
Toshiba laptops are just ok not bad and neither very good.
Sujay has suggested you very good above,consider all the things which he has told you.

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
Thanks for your replies. I will take a look at the ASUS P53E-S0101D, although it pushes my budget a bit.

Regarding the 7200 RPM hard disk, from my personal experience, HDD speed matters.

I had a Western Digital Green on my Core i3 desktop. When I open multiple programs and one of them is accessing the disk, the computer momentarily freezes. It was so frustrating that I bought an SSD to use as a primary partition. Now the freezes are gone.

That's why I was interested in the HP630.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^It doesn't matters much on laptop. And c'mon man, you're comparing HDD with SSD? That's something wrong. SSD totally belong to different league.

90% of laptops come with 5400 HDD, you find all of them slow?

Top Bottom