Best Intel gaming rig

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
hey boddunan, how come 20k for dominator?

Dominator GT costs 20k but dominator is cheap here ~12k.

*techshop.in/store/corsair-dominato...-buy-online-india-p-6729.html?cPath=320_16_34

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Yep, I missed GT there. However the that site has much cheaper price compare to ebay's 16K
Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8 Dominator 12 GB PC3-12800 ... | eBay

Any idea if I add "CORSAIR CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 4GB VENGEANCE DDR3 MEMORY" with this kit and get the dual channel?

If that is not possible, I will sell it on ebay.

Congrats awesome purchase..do post some great pics of the great rig!!

Use your 12 gb ram you'll not find that much difference in your regular use between single channel and dual channel!!
Thanks for the reply. If there is not much difference why do the people all are advising it, is it just a marketting trick?

Great purchase buddy...especially the Dell Alienware 23. Do post some pics.

Thank you. Unfortunately, he gave me a faulty monitor which I am returning it :-( . Hope I will get new one soon as I waited for 3 days to get this.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
it may work but i would recommend you sell the dominators and get this instead.

G.SKILL-Products

OR

G.SKILL-Products

the former has low latency @ 1.6v
the latter has average latency @ 1.25v

the latency will not make much of a difference and if I were you I'd get the 1.25v kit.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
May be a dumb question, can you explain me what are advantage of gskill over corsair and how is after sales service for it?

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Well after-sales service should be good in case of any defect (depending on where you buy)

g.Skill's advantage is that their products usually have lower voltage than corsair products in the same range.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Great purchase buddy.
But a Z68 mobo with a 40-60GB SSD would have been a better choice.

I already have 510 series 400MBPS 120MB Intel SSD :) . See the first post in this topic. I did not purchase mouse, ram, SSD because I already got them from US. Unfortunately I could not get mobo from there and Z68 is not available here in Hyderabad (also costs too huge).

Well after-sales service should be good in case of any defect (depending on where you buy)

g.Skill's advantage is that their products usually have lower voltage than corsair products in the same range.

Thank you. I will consider this option, may be smcinternational.com/lynx-india would be good choice.

Top Bottom