Best Intel gaming rig

boddunan

Broken In
Hello Guys,

I need a suggestion on the gaming PC I am going to buy. My budget is Rs.100K. However I can spend little more for good components.

What I already have:
Intel 510 series SATA3 SSD 120GB
Corsair PC3-12800 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3
Logitech Performance Gaming Mouse
Sony SATA DVD-RW

I need other components preferably:
Intel i7
23"-27" Monitor (not sure 3d monitors available, so would prefer Full HD)

I do not have any preferences on other components, however I have good impression with nVidia cards. So I need best configuration within my budget. Please suggest some good configuration and from where I can get them (high end components may not available in Hyderabad, not sure. )

PC Build Questionnaire form:
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Gaming, mostly high end racing and shooter

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: 75K excluding the components which I already have (mentioned above)

4. Planning to overclock?
A: I am not expert but in future yes.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: I already have 120G SSD, so a secondard HDD of 500G or more is needed

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Full HD

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: Have never built completely but have re-assembled many times. I am afraid I may not fit mobo properly.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In the next one month

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: As mentioned above - SSD, Mouse, RAM, DVD-RW

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: Hyderabad. I can buy online also.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: NA

Thank you.

Last edited:

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Please fill this -

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-components-configurations/128247-pc-build-questionnaire-template.html

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is my suggestion for you:-

Intel Core i7 2600K 16.2K
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 @ 9.5K or Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3 @ 10.3K
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB 1600 MHz @ 2.7K
Seagate 500 GB SATA @ 1.7K
MSI HD 6970 2 GB @ 20K
Benq G2420 LCD Monitor @ 11.4K
Corsair TX 650V2 @ 5.2K
Cooler Master 690II Advanced Cabinet @ 5K
Steel Series Fnatic Mousepad @ 1.2K
Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard @ 2K

Total is around 75.5K

The above configuration actually fulfills all of your criterion. i7 2600K is the best processor and can even challenge their mighty hex core i7 990X. And for your kind info..it is a hell of a overclocker and can get past 4 GHz with its stock cooler...no external cooler needed. MSi HD 6970 is a monster and can play every title with their highest setting without a single hitch. You can reduce the price a little by going for MSI HD 6950 2 GB Twin Frozer II @ 15K

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Thank you Cilus for the suggestion. This looks good to me. Just a small observation, I already have corsair dominator pc312800 12gb ram so I can exclude from this list.

And one more question. Lot of people here are recommending Dell monitors. Can you let me know what is the difference between dell and benq in terms of features and performance.

Cilus

laborare est orare
There is no such difference between BenQ and Dell monitors. But it is observed that some of the costly Dell monitors deliver a little better overall picture quality compared to their BenQ counterpart. But if you consider Value for Money then BenQ Displays are unbeatable. They are well enough for gaming or watching HD movies.
But since you are not gonna buy the Ram, we can add another 2.7K to your monitor budget. So get the DELL ST2420L 60.9cm (24 inch) W Full HD Monitor with LED ST2420L LED Display available @ 12.4K

game-freak

In the zone
my suggestion:)
Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500k|11000
Motherboard |ASUS P8P67 PRO|11500
Graphic Card |MSI HD 6970 lightning|21000
HDD |Seagate 500 GB 7200.12|1700
PSU |Corsair TX 650V2|5200
Case |CM HAF 912 Advanced |5600
Monitor |Benq G2420 LCD Monitor|11400
Keyboard |Microsoft Sidewinder X4|1500
Speakers |Altec Lancing VS4621|3200
| Total |72100

i5 2500k will be more VFM for ur gaming need

Cilus

laborare est orare
game-freak, I have verified the price of Keyboard and Cabinet mentioned in your config....Sidewinder is no where available @ 1.5K...it is minimum 2.1K and Haf 912 advanced is 5.8K + Tax.

But ya, since Op's main purpose is gaming, he can go for i5 2500K @ 11K as the gaming performance difference between 2600K and 2500K is not that big.

Cilus

laborare est orare
No, all the Sandy Bridge Processor support dual channel configuration. I think you are having three 4 GB sticks. Here 2 of them will run at dual channel mode and the 3rd one will be in single channel mode. But there is nothing to worry about it as the performance between triple channel and dual channel is actually marginal in real life scenarios.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Thank you guys, finally I decided the following config. Will be going to buy this one and update you.

Intel Core i7 2600K
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3/Gigabyte Z68X-UD3R-B3
Seagate 500 GB SATA
MSI HD 6970 lightning
DELL ST2420L 60.9cm (24 inch) W Full HD Monitor
Corsair TX 650V2
CM HAF 912 Advanced
Steel Series Fanatic Mousepad
Razer Arctosa Gaming Keyboard

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I think you should spend a bit extra and get Seagate 1TB HDD for 2.7k. The 1TB capacity will be much more future proof (personal experience).

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Finally I get into a shop at Chenoy Trade Center, Hyderabad. And to my surprise, I couldn't find a single seller who has all these components available. One seller promised me to give the full configuration however in 3 days which he import from other city.

So at the end, I came back without success :evil:

However, I could get the price details:

Gigabyte Z68X - Rs.11,500/P67 - Rs.9650
i7 2600K - Rs.11,500
HDD 500GB, 32MB cache - Rs.1900
Rajor Arc - 2150
Dell 24" - 12,500
MSI 6970 lightening - Rs.25,100
CM box+power - 5,800+5,800

Few facts, I bought Dominator 1600MHz from US via Amazon for ~10K which is being sold here at 20K:lol:

Guys please suggest me how to get this config as my local seller's prices are bit heavy and that too not all parts available.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
i7 2600K - Rs.11,500
Not possible. I think it is the price of 2500K.
Hard disk is little over priced. The street price in Kolkata is 2.5K + tax
MSI 6970 lightening - Rs.25,100
too much over priced. in smcinternational.in it is available @ 20K.

I think the local market of your place does not have any idea of the latest components. You better purchase online. SMC is a very very reliable site and most of our forum members, including me have purchased from them. Their price is also the cheapest for maximum components.

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
You are correct. For few them they are quoting less price and for few they are quoting more price. Probably they wanted to balance on overall system, (I asked to sell only dell monitor he refused to give that and said he only sell overall system)

How about lynx-india.in? Few components are lesser than smc. Not sure about their shipping rates.

Btw.. 11K was correct price, have quote from them with me.

I checked at other place and he quote 15.5k though and 21k for graphics card.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The price displayed in Lynx-india are without tax and shipment charge. When you add the system into cart and proceed to place the order the price will be approximate Price + 5% vat + shipping. But in SMC the displayed price are with tax and you just need to pay the shipping.
lynx-india is also reliable but SMC is the best till now.
And the price of 2600K can't be 11K, I am damn sure. It is the price of i5 2500K

OP
B

boddunan

Broken In
Finally I have bought the following configuration from my local vendor (after 3 days waiting :( )

i7 2600K - Rs.15,600
Asus Sabertooth P67 - Rs.15,800
MSI GTX 560 Ti - Rs.16,000
1TB WD Black Calvior 64MB Cache, 7200 RPM - Rs.4400
Dell Alienware 23" - Rs.24,500
Corsair 700W - Rs. 5,250
CM 912 Advanced - Rs.5,800
Razor Arcosa - Rs.2150

I choose GTX 560Ti as it is the only card that support 3d vision which I already have and ATi cards dont work with 3d vision.

And the output - wow, this is the fastest PC I ever have.

One problem - since sandy bridge mobo does not supporting 3 channel memory, I had to stick with dual channel. However I have tripple channel 12gb corsair dominator ram. I have to either 8GB install or sacrifise the dual channel or buy another ram kit. Please suggest me what to do.

masterkd

Padawan
Congrats awesome purchase..do post some great pics of the great rig!!

One problem - since sandy bridge mobo does not supporting 3 channel memory, I had to stick with dual channel. However I have tripple channel 12gb corsair dominator ram. I have to either 8GB install or sacrifise the dual channel or buy another ram kit. Please suggest me what to do.

Use your 12 gb ram you'll not find that much difference in your regular use between single channel and dual channel!!

Top Bottom