best graphic card under 10k

sayan8

()==[:::::::::> ◖(◣ ◢)◗
GTX ...GeForce GTX 550 Ti vs Radeon HD 7750 – Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

nickreynold

Journeyman
1] Powercolor models are decent --- Though not as good as ASUS or even MSI for that purpose.

2] At SMC, the variant available is a GIGABYTE model and not a MSI.

3] Please define your casual gaming [games you play/resolution/in-game settings]--- In my books, the 7770 is itself a killer GPU for casual gaming. Check --- AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
Here you can see the fps u get in various games at different settings and different resolutions. The 7770 offers more than 30 fps in gq/hq in 1680 x 1050 in almost all the games.

The 78xx cards are meant for high end gaming and quite expensive too.
I think the cx 500 or the vs 550 models [corsair] are ideal for the 7850 and the 7870.
Have a look - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/142679-gpu-psu-tables.html
[though it doesnt have the 7xxx series - u can get a better idea by looking out for similar cards]

I am so sorry i was not clear on that. The problem is i am using my old computer and the highest resolution is 800*600 and one of my friends has higher one 1024*768. So, i really do not know much about high resolution when it comes to gaming.So lets say 1024*768 or
little higher resolution is good. Second the games i want to play some in mind right now- Mafia2, MOHAA (pacific assault, Airborne) Brothers in arms(road to notting hill 30, high way to hell if possible), Hitman contracts, Serious Sam II, NOLF2 etc. The only thing that does not let me play these games is the GPU. So i think HD 7770 would be good for me. I have a budget of 8-9k(lets say Rs 500 extra can be added if necessary). The powercolor HD 7770 is priced at 9k in my city and may be i can bargain to get some discount. Another card i am looking if i can find it is Asus HD 7770 DC 1GB DDR5. The assistant at the dealer said-We do not stock much if you want, we can talk to Rashi Peripherals and arrange one for you as Rashi do not sell cards to customers but gives them to dealers. So, i asked him to inquire about the Asus card. Lets see what he says.

P:S- By the way what are the prices of HD 7850/HD 7870?Thanks

nickreynold

Journeyman
core i3 2120 has very low power requirements and same can be said for GPUs like hd7850 and hd7870 - though they are powerful they consumevery less power and if Op pairs with any of them with the cpu he has the total system power consumption will remain under 300W under load - so cx430v2 can perfectly handle that and HD7850 even consumes 25W less power than hd7870.

The only issue here is the cabinet Op has - if it can house HD7850/HD7870 then Op is all good to go grab any of these gpus.

Thanks. I know. The cabinet i have decided is i ball Charm2. Other brands avaliable locally will be Zebronics,Intex,ecs etc. I may look for another brands. I can go for coolermaster brands but my budget is really tight. its not an excuse. I wanted to settle for cheap PSU but after reading the thread about PSU here, I decided to go for Corsair CX430V2. You are saying this PSU combined with my i3 2nd gen 2120 processor can handle even cards like HD 7870/HD 7850. its really cool to know. My brother is buying me PC through his credit card and I will pay for GPU although he does not know that. If i ask him to buy from New Delhi then he will know or when he comes home and runs the PC while playing games, he will know them when the games will run amazingly faster. He said he wants to play mafia2 and i said first bring me the PC and then i will arrange for the game to play. Another thing the lady at the dealer said you can not get all the cards mentioned on the website of the manufactures as some of them are very rarely available. Second she said will your motherboard support it? I said it will since i am planning to use the GPU(Asus HD 7770 DC 1GB DDR5) on my new Asus PH61 MLX board although i am not sure it will though. Please clarify this doubt. Please also check the cabinet(Rs 1000) I have mentioned in the below link and suggest something better for rough use but in budget though.

i ball cabinet-

iBall

model- Charm2

I will go for standard ATX or the bigger size cabinets.

Asus card-
*in.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/AMD_Series/HD7770DC1GD5/

Thanks a lot.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
I am so sorry i was not clear on that. The problem is i am using my old computer and the highest resolution is 800*600 and one of my friends has higher one 1024*768. So, i really do not know much about high resolution when it comes to gaming.So lets say 1024*768 or
little higher resolution is good. Second the games i want to play some in mind right now- Mafia2, MOHAA (pacific assault, Airborne) Brothers in arms(road to notting hill 30, high way to hell if possible), Hitman contracts, Serious Sam II, NOLF2 etc.). The powercolor HD 7770 is priced at 9k in my city .................

P:S- By the way what are the prices of HD 7850/HD 7870?Thanks

1024 x 768 or even 1680 x 1050 reso even at high settings for the games u mentioned is like a walk in the park for the hd 7770. BTW as skud asked Could you specify ur monitor details.

Dont pay 9k for the powercolor variant. Pay a max of 8.5 k for it. For the ASUS one u could pay close to 9.2 k.

AND the 7850 costs around 15k while the 7870 around 20k.

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Performance wise the gtx 550 ti is a tad better [maybe 4-6 percent] but its quite overpriced. Also, the 7750 consumes much less power. So 7750 is a better buy IMO.

I foun d out 7750 is bit faster than 550ti ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Plus it runs cooler.
And I've heard some cases that 550ti has blown PSU.So I'm dropping it.

OP
M

Max Sanu

Broken In
i contacted another dealer, price of ati asus radeon 7770 hd ddr5 he said is 8.6k.
is this a good card at this price ?
he said my pc might not not be compaitable with this card as my ram is ddr2 and core2duo processor .
is it right?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your PC's RAM got nothing to do with your graphics card's RAM. Both are completely independent. And that looks like a good deal, if you prefer local purchase.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Which monitor do you have, a CRT?

Which monitor do you have, a CRT?

Yes old one has CRT 15 inch LG monitor. Now I am deciding to go for 20 inch LED from Samsung or Dell. The one shopkeeper said is i ball sparkle 20 inch LED is also there which has integrated speakers and costs 200 less.

1024 x 768 or even 1680 x 1050 reso even at high settings for the games u mentioned is like a walk in the park for the hd 7770. BTW as skud asked Could you specify ur monitor details.

Dont pay 9k for the powercolor variant. Pay a max of 8.5 k for it. For the ASUS one u could pay close to 9.2 k.

AND the 7850 costs around 15k while the 7870 around 20k.

Thanks for letting me know the prices of the cards and it feels good to know that I will be very pleased by the performance of HD 7770 as marked by your words. Now I have to look for a good deal as mentioned by you. Sorry I did not provide my monitor details. its so because my new pc yet to be assembled yet and only thing I have bought is the power supply which is Corsair CX430V2UK. The old pc had 15 inch CRT monitor from LG(branded system from Zenith at that time cost 30k in 2003) Other things i planned is-

Intel i3 2nd gen 2120 processor

Asus PH61 motherboard

4GB DDR3 Ram(although i am planning to put another 4GB at the time i buy or sometime later)

500GB Sata HDD

20 inch LED monitor(Samsung/Dell.Shopkeeper also said about i ball 20 inch LED which comes with integrated speakers and costs 200 less with same 3 yr warranty)

P:S- I read somewhere that ATI cards can not run Physx application as its for nvidia cards only. in my old PC i was play Sherlock Holmes awakned game and it did not run until i installed the Physx that was inside the game folder and sign of the frog appeared in the cut scene when i ran the game. They also say Physx is not a eye catching thing many games but good in Mafia II. Does that mean i can not play Mafia II? Please clarify. Also will be processor as they say bottleneck for the HD 7770 and PH61 should able to fit and run HD 7770(I know it will not sure so asking for confirmation).Thanks

Last edited:

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
I foun d out 7750 is bit faster than 550ti ZOTAC GeForce GTX 650 Ti AMP! Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Plus it runs cooler.
And I've heard some cases that 550ti has blown PSU.So I'm dropping it.

GOOD CHOICE \m/.

They also say Physx is not a eye catching thing many games but good in Mafia II. Does that mean i can not play Mafia II? Please clarify.Thanks

IDK abt physx apps. Wait for SKUD/TOPGEAR.
What I know --- Mafia 2 runs at ease at high quality on the 7770 at 1680x1050.
Take a look --- here the user has actually maxed out and hes still getting post 40 avg fps
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVMh2ra8LAM

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes old one has CRT 15 inch LG monitor. Now I am deciding to go for 20 inch LED from Samsung or Dell. The one shopkeeper said is i ball sparkle 20 inch LED is also there which has integrated speakers and costs 200 less.

Thanks for letting me know the prices of the cards and it feels good to know that I will be very pleased by the performance of HD 7770 as marked by your words. Now I have to look for a good deal as mentioned by you. Sorry I did not provide my monitor details. its so because my new pc yet to be assembled yet and only thing I have bought is the power supply which is Corsair CX430V2UK. The old pc had 15 inch CRT monitor from LG(branded system from Zenith at that time cost 30k in 2003) Other things i planned is-

Intel i3 2nd gen 2120 processor

Asus PH61 motherboard

4GB DDR3 Ram(although i am planning to put another 4GB at the time i buy or sometime later)

500GB Sata HDD

20 inch LED monitor(Samsung/Dell.Shopkeeper also said about i ball 20 inch LED which comes with integrated speakers and costs 200 less with same 3 yr warranty)

P:S- I read somewhere that ATI cards can not run Physx application as its for nvidia cards only. in my old PC i was play Sherlock Holmes awakned game and it did not run until i installed the Physx that was inside the game folder and sign of the frog appeared in the cut scene when i ran the game. They also say Physx is not a eye catching thing many games but good in Mafia II. Does that mean i can not play Mafia II? Please clarify. Also will be processor as they say bottleneck for the HD 7770 and PH61 should able to fit and run HD 7770(I know it will not sure so asking for confirmation).Thanks

PhysX is a gimmick to some and eye candy for others .. now coming to if games will run without it ? yes, all of the games with PhySx feature will wrk even if your GPU don't support this feature - you just need to install the PhysX app though .. the phySx will run using cpu but better would be if you disable physx from game option and most probably you won't feel any difference without this graphical anomaly ;-)

Top Bottom