Power Supply:

250Watts Power Supply

will be buying a 500 watts psu

Dimensions:

14.2 x 7.0 x 16.0 inches (H x W x L)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
GTX 560 is you can find one or else HD6850/HD7770 but you really have a crappy PSU - so you need to change it as well.

if 10k budget is for PSu+GPU then get HD6790 @ 8k / HD7770 @ 8.5k and Corsair Cx430v2 @ 2.4k or VS450 @ 2.1k.

nickreynold

Journeyman
GTX 560 is you can find one or else HD6850/HD7770 but you really have a crappy PSU - so you need to change it as well.

if 10k budget is for PSu+GPU then get HD6790 @ 8k / HD7770 @ 8.5k and Corsair Cx430v2 @ 2.4k or VS450 @ 2.1k.

I was hoping to get a GPU for my system. I have already bought a power supply after reading how important it is to get a decent power supply. I asked my brother to get me a Corsair CX430 V2( tax paid plus card swipe tax) from New Delhi although i was thinking to buy VS 450. I am a causal gamer and so my need is limited. My spec is-

i3 2nd generation 2120 processor

Asus PH61 motherboard

500 GB WD sata

4GB DDR3 Ram(Hynix/EVD/or some other brand may be Zion but its priced more)

20 inch LED monitor(i ball/Dell/Samsung)

Corsair CX430 V2 power supply

Cabinet- i ball mystique

Everything yet to be bought except power supply. I thought of buying HD 6670 at first but now i think HD 6770 or HD 7770 would be good for me. I think i can spend 7-8.5k max for my graphics card. I hope my power supply will be able to run the above mentioned cards decently. As i live in bhubaneswar, my choices are very limited. The brand is mainly Asus and to some extent ATI or may be Sapphire but not sure about the last. The shopkeepers stock low end cards mostly. The one shop i got who the national dealer of powercolor and coolermaster brands and he said only HD 7770 is in stock and the price is Rs 9000/-. I heard that ATI will be cutting price so i may wait for sometime if its true. Online prices are a little high and the chance of a bargain is not there. I may ask my brother to bring me one from Neheru place new delhi next time he comes home. This time he will be bringing the power supply only and he will be buying my PC through credit card installment and i can not over burden him. So i may have to finance the GPU my self. What is your opinion about the cards in my budget( I may able to extend it to Rs 9000/- if i try).I hope my power supply will be able to run them and the cabinet is ok to fit. The only thing which i can afford to adjust is GPU as the other options are limited(if you can not find a decent power supply brand even the lowest model of a decent brand is not available, what one can say about GPU). I want to purchase is locally so that the dealer would know about the service center and would help in case of warranty but its not available.

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
I-ball cabinets arent really good. Get an elite 310 by CM for about the same price. Its relatively a better option.
You can get it at flipkart --- They ll deliver it to your doorstep with the cash on delivery option -
*www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-eli...PKP2&ref=938eb566-2c7a-42a1-8c75-e9a1fe9550c5

Also your PSU - CX 430v2 is ideal for a 7770 or a 6770 paired with an i3 2120.

Heres a lookout for the 6770 vs 7770 -
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

[the 5770 can be considered to almost equal to the 6770].
IMO - save some cash and get a 7770. Its worth the extra amount paid.

At nehru place - I think you should be able to find a MSI/ASUS variant for about 9.2 k. If you dont want to over burden your brother - then buy some parts yourself from flipkart/itdepot/smc/itwares.
An over clocked 7770 - GIGABYTE variant is available at smc at 8.2k - MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Graphic Card

If you re getting a 7770 at 8.2k -- I dont think there is a need to bargain.

IDK about the warranty period.
Also dont have an idea about the fall in price.

PS - wait for Topgears reply.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice to see HD7770 back at Rs. 8.2k ;-)

@ nickreynold - just tell your bro to get the card from SMC - he can go there personally to get it. link on Thetrueblueviking post and once he comes home just pay him - don't need to get the card from where you live at overpriced rate and stick with HD7770 and your PSu for even HD7850/HD7870 ;-)

nickreynold

Journeyman
I-ball cabinets arent really good. Get an elite 310 by CM for about the same price. Its relatively a better option.
You can get it at flipkart --- They ll deliver it to your doorstep with the cash on delivery option -
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Silver) | Cabinet | Flipkart.com

Also your PSU - CX 430v2 is ideal for a 7770 or a 6770 paired with an i3 2120.

Heres a lookout for the 6770 vs 7770 -
AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

[the 5770 can be considered to almost equal to the 6770].
IMO - save some cash and get a 7770. Its worth the extra amount paid.

At nehru place - I think you should be able to find a MSI/ASUS variant for about 9.2 k. If you dont want to over burden your brother - then buy some parts yourself from flipkart/itdepot/smc/itwares.
An over clocked 7770 - GIGABYTE variant is available at smc at 8.2k - MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Graphic Card

If you re getting a 7770 at 8.2k -- I dont think there is a need to bargain.

IDK about the warranty period.
Also dont have an idea about the fall in price.

PS - wait for Topgears reply.

Thanks for all the information. I will keep that in mind when buying my GPU. I think HD 7770 will be my final selection and if I can arrange for more money,then might go to higher version. Hope my PSU will be able to support the higher version Just to decide in brand. Is powercolor is a good brand? If it is then, I can negotiate withe local dealer and may ask him to drop down price a little and may be if i can get it around Rs 8500-8600, then will purchase it. Otherwise I will ask my brother to bring it from Neheru Place Smc international about the MSI card you mentioned or the Asus brand. Someone told me they have MSI service center in my town Bhubaneswar and for Asus I think service center is als there. So, it wont be a problem. My brother will come next in january 2013. So, I will be able to save some more money to give it to him so that he will not pay a rupee for it and I may get a higher card . It will be from my side. Also, the news about price cut may come up.

^^ nice to see HD7770 back at Rs. 8.2k ;-)

@ nickreynold - just tell your bro to get the card from SMC - he can go there personally to get it. link on Thetrueblueviking post and once he comes home just pay him - don't need to get the card from where you live at overpriced rate and stick with HD7770 and your PSu for even HD7850/HD7870 ;-)

Thanks for the info. I will see what would be best in case of price. I may ask my brother to bring it next time from SMC whether its the MSI mentioned above or Asus(both said to have service center here) or the Sapphire brand if possible. He will be home for January again and i might be able to save some more for next high card and he does not have to pay anything. It will be from my side. I can pay him later when he brings it from SMC or any other shop(Cost to Cost etc.). May be the price cut news may come up. I am just keeping my finger crossed. My only aim is now to build the PC and I hope to get it done first. Then I will go for GPU.

P:S-You mentioned other two cards like HD 7850/HD 7870 and my PSU. Will my PSU and my other specifications will be able to run these cards without any problem(for causal gaming). Just want to know( What I see at ATI cards that they have lots of cards and if one can extend his budget for even 1k, he can get a better card.

Last edited:

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
Thanks for all the information. I will keep that in mind when buying my GPU. I think HD 7770 will be my final selection and if I can arrange for more money,then might go to higher version. Hope my PSU will be able to support the higher version Just to decide in brand. Is powercolor is a good brand? If it is then, I can negotiate withe local dealer and may ask him to drop down price a little and may be if i can get it around Rs 8500-8600, then will purchase it.

Thanks for the info. I will see what would be best in case of price. I may ask my brother to bring it next time from SMC whether its the MSI mentioned above or Asus(both said to have service center here) or the Sapphire brand if possible.

P:S-You mentioned other two cards like HD 7850/HD 7870 and my PSU. Will my PSU and my other specifications will be able to run these cards without any problem(for causal gaming). Just want to know( What I see at ATI cards that they have lots of cards and if one can extend his budget for even 1k, he can get a better card.

1] Powercolor models are decent --- Though not as good as ASUS or even MSI for that purpose.

2] At SMC, the variant available is a GIGABYTE model and not a MSI.

3] Please define your casual gaming [games you play/resolution/in-game settings]--- In my books, the 7770 is itself a killer GPU for casual gaming. Check --- AnandTech - Bench - GPU12
Here you can see the fps u get in various games at different settings and different resolutions. The 7770 offers more than 30 fps in gq/hq in 1680 x 1050 in almost all the games.

The 78xx cards are meant for high end gaming and quite expensive too.
I think the cx 500 or the vs 550 models [corsair] are ideal for the 7850 and the 7870.
Have a look - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/142679-gpu-psu-tables.html
[though it doesnt have the 7xxx series - u can get a better idea by looking out for similar cards]

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
core i3 2120 has very low power requirements and same can be said for GPUs like hd7850 and hd7870 - though they are powerful they consumevery less power and if Op pairs with any of them with the cpu he has the total system power consumption will remain under 300W under load - so cx430v2 can perfectly handle that and HD7850 even consumes 25W less power than hd7870.

The only issue here is the cabinet Op has - if it can house HD7850/HD7870 then Op is all good to go grab any of these gpus.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
here's the thumb rule :

get what ever best possible in your budget unless you are getting something for temporary purpose.

OP
M

Max Sanu

Broken In
here's the thumb rule :

get what ever best possible in your budget unless you are getting something for temporary purpose.

i contacted some computer dealers around here ,the only latest graphic card they have is xfx 7750 at rs 8300 and xfx 7770 at 10000.is this card good and is the price reasonable ?

even the computer engineer isnt sure if the card will fit my cabinet .
have to be 100%sure of that before buying since he wont take it back.
browsing the net to get more details but not much luck.

so if someone can clear this it will be very helpful.

OP
M

Max Sanu

Broken In
Both the cards are overpriced.

i found a link for msi7770 at only 8.2k.
MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC Graphic Card

is the card good and is the site a good one?

have to be 100%sure of card fitting in my cabinet before buying since it will be useless then.
so if someone can confirm it?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site and card both are good, but check whether it is actually available or not. And that card should fit in without any problem.

OP
M

Max Sanu

Broken In
Site and card both are good, but check whether it is actually available or not. And that card should fit in without any problem.

i found another link which has the cheapest rates -rs7350.
MSI R7750-PMD1GD5/OC Radeon HD 7750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Graphic Card
is this site good one too?

why is there such a big difference in the online and shop prices?over 25%

Top Bottom