best gaming and overclocking CPU for 4k

Tarun

In the zone
hi guys i am trying to upgrade my cpu motherboard which i plan to overclock and use for gaming i think a good intel cpu would will not fit in this budget for a AMD will do PLS suggest me some cpu and their approx rates

guru_urug

iGoogle
Look for Athlon II X4 635 @ 4k

It the best for your budget, and since its a quad core...it will help u multitask faster while being good enough for gaming too.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Not within your budget.

If possible go with AMD Phenom II x4 840 @4.7K, best vault for money.

jagdish

Journeyman
go for phenom;-) it cost you 1500/- more but it is justified.it will allow you to overclock easily just by increasing multiplier.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
quad core is the way to go now. and for 4k, Athlon II X4 635 will suite your need best. with stock cooler you can overclock it past 3.2Ghz & even try undervolting in that overclocked state.

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^+1 for sam.
If you can increase your budget then go with a phenom BE.overclocking will be too easy without any headache of adjusting RAm speed and all.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - no point in for going with dual core cpu like P2 X2 555 BE as more and more modern games are and will be optimized for multi core cpus - so go with what Sam has suggested and you can even Oc that cpu to 3.7/3.8 Ghz with good aftermarket cooler ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
What do u guys think about it Phenom II X3 720 BE???

Will Athlon II X4 635 be future proof then Phenom II X3 720 BE what are the possible rates of 720 BE

what are the chances of 555 BE unlocking to Tri/Quad core Cpu ?????????

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Phenom II X3 no longer available.

before the unlock rate was as high as 50% or more but now hardly unlocks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ that's a decent mobo and supports 3 new AM3+ ( BullDozer ) cpus namely FX-4100, 6100 and 8100 ;-)

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
Can someoe give me the current market price of
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H
Asus M4A78-LT-M(Not LE or LX version)
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2
and which is the best for me amongst these ????? i aim for a max 3.5k budget

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ ~4k - recommended ;-)
Asus M4A78-LT-M @ ~3.5k
Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 @ ~2.6k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can't blindly say that. but yes looking at the 3 boards topgear listed, the Asus one is absolutely entrylevel. more phase & a better bios always comes in handy when trying to overclock a processor.

OP
T

Tarun

In the zone
i may have to go with asus bcoz of my budget :( my budget is 7.5k to 8k m i doing something wrong do i have some choices with the combo ?? i may take a athlon II X4 640 with asus or a phenom II X4 955 BE with Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 ?????

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
either get Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 or Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H - don't be skimpy for just 500 bucks - in the long run it worth the extra money ;-)

If you don't want to OC your cpu much only then think about the combo of 955 BE+Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2 but the combo of GA-880GMA-UD2H+955 BE makes more sense ;-)

Top Bottom