Best Game till Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
1. Best First Person shooter(FPS): Call of Duty 4 and Half-Life 2
2. Best Third Person Shooter(TPS): Gears of War!
3. Role Playeing Games (RPG): Shadow of the Colossus [if that is an RPG]
4. Real Time Strategy (RTS): C&Q 3 and C&Q Generals
5. Free Roaming : GTA : San Andreas (Not played 4 yet)
6. Adventure : God Of War! yeah!
7. Stealth : Hitman Blood Money

My overall Favourite Game : God of War.

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Hope this will be a break for the RPG debate.

DEFINITION:

[SIZE=-1]Despite the seemingly harmless demeanor of the subject, the definition of an RPG has proved to be quite controversial in my experience. I've gotten into many a scuffle online (with good friends,
. [/SIZE]

SOURCE

Wikipedia information on RPG

:D:DYaar thodi mehnat aap bhi kar lete. If you would have edited and shortened it, everyone would have loved it.
Its written in the language of RPG. Long Slow Boring.............(sorry RPG lovers its only for this article)
Kabhi time mila to jaroor padunga guru ji.:D:D:D:D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hey toofan brother, i've got my exams so, i should concentrate on that. Ok, here is some what simple one.

A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional charecters and collaboratively create or follow stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, players can improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

source

Hey goggles, why are you laughing man;).

Last edited:
OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Hey toofan brother, i've got my exams so, i should concentrate on that. Ok, here is some what simple one.

A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional charecters and collaboratively create or follow stories. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, players can improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.
source
Hey goggles, why are you laughing man;).

Oh thats complicated to understand but it I think fully defines the RPG.

Best of wishes for your exams. May you read only those questions which are set in the paper.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
--Free Roaming
Even GTA has it also..but GTA is not RPG

--LEVELING UP (the most imp.)
hmm.so i have played a game "BOD" with 4 chars 2 choose from *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/35.png

--Distinctive Character classes (mage and warrior and all that sh1t)
--You have to make your own character
--Lotsa talking and running around uselessly
Oblivion,Diablo blah blah blah :rolleyes:

For the 100th time -->> Assassins Creed, PoP Series, Metal Gear Solid series arent RPGs.
I know :D

A role-playing game (RPG; often roleplaying game) is a game in which the participants assume the roles of fictional characters. Participants determine the actions of their characters based on their characterization, and the actions succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines. Within the rules, players can improvise freely; their choices shape the direction and outcome of the games.

Role-playing games are a form of interactive and collaborative storytelling. Like novels or films, role-playing games appeal because they engage the imagination. Interactivity is the crucial difference between role-playing games and traditional fiction. Whereas a viewer of a television show is a passive observer, a player at a role-playing game makes choices that affect the story.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^We are repeating each other's eXplanation in different words and languages :|.

Diablo and Oblivion are RPGs.

And regarding GTA, did I say that ONLY RPGs have free-roam ? No. :)

I said that it MIGHT have free-roam.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^We are repeating each other's eXplanation in different words and languages :|.

Diablo and Oblivion are RPGs.

And regarding GTA, did I say that ONLY RPGs have free-roam ? No. :)

I said that it MIGHT have free-roam.

Bus ab bahut hua...my fingers can no more type on this subject...i m done!!! *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/106.png

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
Hello guys,

Results of 1st week. These are the Games which are leading in their Genres.

1. FPS: Tie between crysis and COD 4.
2. TPS: Max Payne
3. RPG: Elderscroll: Oblivioun
4. RTS: Age of Empire III.
5. Free Roaming: GTA San Andreas
6. Adventure: Tie between POP: Sand of times and POP: Warrior within
7. Stealth: Hitman: Sailent Assisns
8. Car Racing: NFS: Most Wanted
9. Sports: Fifa.

Keep posting friends.
Out of these top games I have played Max payne, Age of empire III, GTA SA, POP all three(currently palying POP:warrior within again 3rd time), Hitman sailen Assigns(Playing these days and just cleared the Killing Hayamota stage.)

By seeing the top games FPS is the most palyed genre. And RPG is the least.

Ok guys post your views. And Thanks to you all.

Last edited:

Krazzy Warrior

"Aal Izz Well"
1. Best First Person shooter (FPS): Call Of Duty 4 : Modern Welfare
2. Best Third Person Shooter (TPS): Max Payne 2
3. Real Time Strategy (RTS): Age Of Empire III
4. Free Roaming : Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas
5. Adventure : Prince Of Persia : The Two Thrones
6. Stealth : Hitman : Codename 47
7. Racing : Need For Speed : Most Wanted
8. Sports : Cricket 2008 (Planetcricket patch one)

OP
toofan

toofan

Technomancer
What would be the most important reason behind the success of GTA : SAN Andreas. Its leading and even after the release of GTA 5 for PC I think it will remain number 1 among the free roaming games.
Is its sexuality which make it so much addictive or its game play. But you all will have to accept on thing that the HOT COFFEE MOD has played a big big role in making this game more popular. What Say?:D

Last edited:

omega12

Broken In
here my list:

1. FPS: F.E.A.R., Doom, CoD4
2. Third Person Shooter: Max Payne 1,2 , Giants citizen kabuto
3. RPG: Morrowind
4. RTS: Warcraft 3
5. Free Roaming: GTA San Andreas
6. Adventure: ---
7. Stealth: Splinter Cell (the first 1)
8. Racing Sim: GRID