Best English Daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trublu

Ta da !
I want to subscribe to some good english daily.So plz tell which one is the best.Pls do note that my paperwaala supplies only 3-4 english papers(TOI,HT,Indian Express,Statesman,Telegraph).

Indyan

Here Since 2003
The best english daily in eastern india is The Telegraph.
I love its coverage of politics.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
TOI is going down the drain!

I checked out this new paper named Mint with only business and political news,and I instantly liked it,no carp like other papers.dunno if its available in all cities.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
TOI.
I keep both telegraph and TOI.Telegraph sucks.All copied from PTI and NDTV.No originaltiy in the language whatsoever.Such crybabies they are. The best vocabolary award goes to the Statesmen no doubt.But its too boring.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Almost all the newspapers allow you to read their epaper free on their site. So check out site of each paper for 3-4 days and decide which one is as per your expectations and subscribe that.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
TOI.
I keep both telegraph and TOI.Telegraph sucks.All copied from PTI and NDTV.No originaltiy in the language whatsoever.Such crybabies they are. The best vocabolary award goes to the Statesmen no doubt.But its too boring.

If you are into national affairs and politics, you would find telegraphs take refreshing. I have found TOI rarely has a article with new perspective or article that breaks a news, but in the last 2 years itself during the nuke deal Telegraph broke the news so many times. Their coverage of politics is the best.
But yeah TOI has some nice editorials from time to time.
Agree with you on Statesmen's vocabolary though.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
noone here likes hindustan times? I get Times of India too, but I like HT better.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I have been a TOI reader from past 8years.
Now thinking of changing to DNA. as TOI Jaipur Edition lacks local news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom