Best DVD writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
the best ones on the block are PLEXTOR , PIONEER , NEC and this is subject to availablity in India. if u have the money and u want the ultimate performance for every single bit and byte out of u r money spend go for these compared the worst lot from LG and Samsung.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Re: Which DVD Writer is best?

hey abracadabra, u seem to be living in year 2002-2003 .. wake up .. this is 2006 and all those companies u mentioned used to one of the best .. they still are .. it just that BENQ DVD WRITERS ARE THE BEST ONE .. go and check ur self .. and that's probably the reason why lite on has purchased benq's odd business ..

parthbarot

In the zone

LG is the best DVD writer.I have used samsung and all others..but whn i used my frnds LG i can tell u that it si the best...quality + price also...
thanks.

rhsarath

Right off the assembly line

Don't buy Sony DWQ30A DVD Writer. I bought it in November last. It screwed up. Buy Samsung or LG. My friends are using it and they have no probs.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Hello, thanks to you guys, I bought Sony DRU-820A dual layer writer today for Rs.2800 plus 4% VAT from Chandni Chowk area. Installation was a breeze, although I had to remove my old DVD-ROM DDU 1615 as there was shortage of power connector (my graphics card takes two of them). Have to buy a Y-splitter I think.

Supposed to be great, haven't burned any DVD's till now.

Thanks for your suggestions again...:)

Dink2cool

Broken In

can ne1 help me out wid this prob...well its not kinda problem..just my desire to improve my dvd writer
i recently bought a sony dw-g120a dvd writer and i heard that it actually is a liteon writer with a sony label on it .. so i thought of cross flashing its firmware with that of liteon model .. but i'm not able to find those drivers on the net..they're not on liteon's site nor they're at cdfreaks.com .. can sum1 tell me where i can download it from ;)

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

I HVE CROOSFLASHED SONY G120 A B2 TO LITE ON SHM 165P6S AND ITS EVREY BIT OF WORTH .. IF U WANT THE FILES THEN PM ME AND GIVE ME UR MAILID AND I WILL SEND U THOSE FILES AND LET U KNOW ALL THE PROCEDURE ..

and for those who are wondering why anyone should do it... then consider this.. lite on has better firmware support than sony and have numerous features like media overspeed , hypertunning and various firmware hacks to improve the read speeds etc..

and also updating the firmware of ur dvd writer adds additional fuctions as new media support , better writing quality and overspeed etc .. so dont be afraid to flash ur drives .. i am even flashed the benq dw 1640 with the dvd in it and it survived .. although its standard to flash the drive with no disc in it ..

and SONY IS JUST SELLING LITE ON AND BENQ DRIVES UNDER THEIR FACEPLATE AND THEY ARE EVEN CHARGING PRICE PREMIUM FOR IT .. AND ALL THESE TIME I HEAR PEOPLE SAYING ON VARIOUS FORUMS LIKE SONY IS BEST IN DVD WRITING .. PEOPLE , GET UR FACTS RIGHT FIRST ..

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United

Regarding my DRU-820A purchase, I want to tell you that I did not get any shops selling Benq writers in Chandni Chowk area. So I had to buy the sony one. This is a follow-up of the point Yogi has said that people must get their facts right. Ya, that is so. In most of the shops like Berlia, Saboo, Lalani, etc, when I asked them about Benq writer, I was greeted with a peculiar face, as if I have done something atrocious and was rudely replied that they don't keep Benq products. Someone at Berlia even told me that Benq is the worst writer on the market and service is also bad. This is the kind of reply that can be compared to the ones when someone enquired about AMD processors about 3 years ago. I mean how do they do business with this limited knowledge. Seems like as they don't have Benq dealership, they did reply that way. They thought I had limited knowledge about hardware products. They need to get their knowledge base correct.

Just posting my experience...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

dont worry , the SONY DRU820A YOU GOT IS NOTHING BUT BENQ DW 1670 ... its based on panasonic chipset while previous benq drives were on philips nexperia chipset .. like dw 1620 ,1625, 1640 , 1650 , 1655 ..

reviews show that its a good drive with very good dual layer dvd writing ..

also the org benq dw 1670 is not available .. but soon will .. also here in india or for that matter anywhere in world .. u cant depend on dealers opinions .. they are like salesperson who have zero technical knowledge .. these idiots know nothing abt the computers so never depend on them ..

as far as benq availibility goes, that's a prob.. also now lite on has purchased benq's optical drive business .. anyways now benq gives 1 yrs warranty instead of 2 yrs .. which i got with my 1640 ..

dont worry u have got a very good dvd writer in dru 820a .. but now u know that the credit goes to benq people not sony...

S

saiaspire

Try chaging the IDE cable and also check the power cables.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
My old dvd writer died yesterday. So tell me the best dvd writer available frm liteon or sony. Please give the model no. and price. It would be better if it is Light scribe. What abt blue-ray writer? Is it available?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Right now, the best option you have is BenQ 1650 (Rs 2500 approx). If you want lightscribe, you can go for BenQ 1655 (around 4-4.5K). LiteON's are not that good for DVD writing. For CD Writing they are best! Sony's are rebaged LiteON's or BenQ's..

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys. I have o buy in 2-3 days. Please tell me the best dvd writer available(mostly liteon). Don't say read this thread or anything. Please tell. I have to buy urgently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom