wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Got BENQ DW 1650 today from lami for 2700
Dunno if i got it bit costly...comments

but the sad news is that benq has also dropped the warranty to a year :(

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
yogi7272 said:
u got it from which shop at lamington road ?

I had to search upside down the lami road, then i fortunately met a guy who knew where to get the benq one,
:arrow: ADDRESS
SAM-VIK Marketing, 13-a hanuman terrace, 1st floor, tara temple lane,lami rdtel- 23857620/23887620

Insist u want benq, then only they get it. Rest all shops in lami say straight no. and sell sony and liteon. IF lucky u can get benq DW1655 :wink: , when i went it was out of stock and i was in hurry

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
guess what why i asked the above question ? :)

now u know who is that guy who helped u ... :D

also if u have any prob with the dvd writer .. then pm me ..

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
yogi7272 said:
guess what why i asked the above question ? :)

now u know who is that guy who helped u ... :D

also if u have any prob with the dvd writer .. then pm me ..

Was that u? I never asked u ur name.......but trust me i had somewhere vibes that we had a connection....and now i know its DIGIT FORUM :D :wink:........thanx again........will contact u if i need further help :lol:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
yup it was me :D .. by the way how's the benq working ? also if u or any of ur friends need to purchase amd ... then go to that shop .. they are main dealers of amd .. and pretty nice people too ..( which is difficult to find at lamington road )

Dink2cool

Broken In
:( :( :( :(
Any one plz help ... especially those using SONY DW-G120A DVD WRITER .
this is the third time i'm replacing this DVD writer in 7 days .
every piece that i bought couldnt write either on a cd or dvd .
nero and even windows default burner gave "communication error" .
i don't think that there is any prob with the dvd writer since all three couldnt be bad .
any suggestions as to what the problem might be ????
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!:

Dink2cool

Broken In
i dunno how to check IDE cable ..can u tell me what to check in that and how

yeh my dvd writer visible in My Computer and it is able to read cds/dvds .. but still it isnt able to write

could it be problem due to hardware incompatibility

cyrux

In the zone
Remove the ide connector from the motherboard and try using another one...

Hardware incompatibility with 3 different drives...doesnt seem like...neways whats ur system config

Why dont u try using the drive at some other place to check if it gives the same prob.

Dink2cool

Broken In
My system config is
1) AMD Athlon XP 2200+
2) ASUS KM 266 Motherboard
3) 256 MD 266Mhz DDR SD RAM
4) SONY dw-g120a DVD WRITER (u know that :wink: )
5)48x LG CD ROM DRIVE (which is presently disconnected )

Well i'll try and see if my IDE cables are properly connected and then as u said i'll go t my friens house to ee if it works . but i'm not able to understand that once i had connected a cd writr to my pc and it gave no trouble .still my dvd writer is giving probs :x :x :x

and by the way all 3 drives were of sony and two of them were dw-g120a

cyrux

In the zone
So all 3 drives were from sony....
What i mean is, please do try with a different IDE cable because the one you may be using might be faulty. Also do check at ur friends home

Dink2cool

Broken In
thanks very much cyrux .. it's working properly now .. i just switched the ide cables of my HDD and DVD writer it became allright .. thanks for ur advice .. couldn't have dun without u :):)

ps - i couldn't inform u earlier coz the site wasn't loading on my pc ... dunno whether it was just wid me or every1 was facing the sae prob

cyrux

In the zone
Dink2cool said:
thanks very much cyrux .. it's working properly now .. i just switched the ide cables of my HDD and DVD writer it became allright .. thanks for ur advice .. couldn't have dun without u :):)

ps - i couldn't inform u earlier coz the site wasn't loading on my pc ... dunno whether it was just wid me or every1 was facing the sae prob
Nice to hear you got it to work. Some times i feel like pulling off my hair to wierd problems

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Re: Which DVD Writer is best?

Hi,

I want to buy a DVD-writer soon. I have shortlisted some models based on reviews on the net. Can you tell me which one I should buy? I am not interested in lightscribe (media available rarely & expensive). The models are:

Benq DW 1650
Benq DW 1640
Sony DWG 120A
Sony DRU-820A
Sony DRU 810A

Can you also tell me the price of the above and Benq's availability here in Kolkata? :-?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.:)

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS

1st one is best option
2nd one is better option over next three
Sony and benq r the same...saony buys drive form benq and gives it there name...so y buy sony when u can buy BEnq...the best ones.....i may self have bought BEnq DW1650 for 2.7 K in mumbai..dunno abt kolkata

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz

i am currently using HP R/RW R DL lightscribe drive. good compatibility. serves my needs.

thetopcyborg

Journeyman

benq dw1650 rocks man!!!!!
i have it and it has great compatibility with book type and solid burn tefchnology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom