Best dvd drive suggestion out of experience needed

Which is the best dvd you will recommend from your experience ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
Sony drives used 2 be gud earlier but now they sucks.i am not recommending lite-on becoz my frnds lite on cd writer failed within 3 monts twice.thats why i am recommending only asus.and remember,writing speed does not matter.quality and reliability matters more

OP
B

blister

Right off the assembly line
@utsav

i stand to your point quality,life and reliability should be our prime priority incase of optical drives

are they not guys?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey i have done carefull study like he is doing right now and i know my drive is leading these days

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/2271/picture001oy4.jpg

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey i have done carefull study like he is doing right now and i know my drive is leading these days

*img80.imageshack.us/img80/2271/picture001oy4.jpg

maximus999

Broken In
My Sony is not performing well;....After reading all dis...ive decided to get a ASUS..:)

BTW..i heard Plextor's r available at PRIME lammy...

praka123

left this forum longback
buy a pioneer drive,if "quality,life and reliability should be prime priority incase of optical drives"
try ur luck in ebay.in ;)

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
after reading this poll & going to nehru place I decided to buy Liteon 20x MODEL NO. DH-20A4P07C FOR Rs 1200/-

Only problem I am finding in last 2 hrs is that it spins too loud, feels like a jet landing within the comp, all 4 screws are tight.

Any other user can u confirm if this makes such loud sound?
This is my 1st 20X drive so need to confirm this, earlier I was using 16X sony drive.

Last edited:
OP
B

blister

Right off the assembly line
@praka123...your right from my experience ,i have pioneer slot read only dvd drive which i bought in 1999 for above 1000(believe it or not) ...its still running in his old age but fails to read old cd/dvd........it worked like a charm for four years............isn't that enough guys?

@utsav I too doubt how sony leads the poll............may be any multiple vote or using fake ids

Anyway guys i bought samsung octoedge and lg secur drive lets see how it lives.............will report if anything go wrong..............i bought just to taste other brand.............i tried asus but i cant get it in my locality.........will see ............but to my experience -2 for sony.......will see how others report.

praka123

left this forum longback
I feel what sony is doing with their cheap dvdwriters,drives are like logitech selling "labtech" keyboards in Logitech name ;)
IMHO,samsung-octoedge for the win (FTW!) @blister share ur exp with octoedge drives!dont forget to update to latest firmware online.the site is:
*samsungodd.com :)

axxo

99.9% Idle
dont go for name sake......in my case sony generated problems after months..also lite-on as many says is not good as well...my liteon dvd burner doesnt read/write CDs but no problem with DVDs..
samsung..they are good performer and very rigid.
So overall my suggesstion would be either ASUS(Best Performer) or SAMSUNG(Best Value)

praka123

left this forum longback
^see!...what i suggested!I know samsung octoedge are working perfect!but the rumor spreads like wildfire that sony/liteon/benq are the best blah blah and later the customer who brought these brands may rethink about his decision :p ;as for asus,i donno much,but hope its nice!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Even then people have voted for LiteON as per their experience is concerned and Samsung has just got 2 votes. For my school the Samsung OCTOedge DVD writer didn't last even 2 weeks as I had mentioned before.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
bought a sony DRU 720A bout 2 yrs 6mnths back (its a rebadged LiteOn SOHW 1693S though) and as of now it hasnt created any trouble 4 me.the only -ve side is that the drive fails to detect a few DVDs and CDs though its a very rare thing.
and for Asus 1814BLT i've tested 2 of these drive and 1 was a piece of crap.it didnt even detect blank Moser baer and SONY dvds even after firmware update.the other 1 was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom