Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Airtel Digital TV

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
Which of these would you buy if you are 'asantusht' with your cablewalla?

TATA Sky: Works on older MPEG2 technology. But is tried & tested. Has a very good multiroom option.

Dish TV: No Neo Cricket. So if u r a cricket fan, this choice automatically gets cancelled.

BIG TV: User reviews around the net is not good. Seems to be facing lots of problems with the Set Top Box. Plus Customer Care is lousy.

Airtel: Provides Universal Remote. But no multiroom option if u have more than 1 TV.

Me voting for TATA Sky since its best option for multiroom. Plus its tried & tested.

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I am totally santusht with my cablewallah. Have set top box. Get awesome clarity and getting 164 channels at 250/- per month

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
why is this in news section ????

reporting

on topic... i would vote for dish tv .. as they are introducing features / channels / offers at constant interval... more over they are here for long time ...

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Why is this in Technology News section?

Could not find any section where this fits in perfectly. Technology came closest since HD TVs are also discussed in this section.

Would be happy if the moderators can move this to where they deem fit.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
I don't know. It depends on your luck.
Like you know, you don't watch some channels and thus the packages of X are nice for you and X's CC is good in your area and also quality the service.

but i think Airtel Is good. Since i don't watch One TV only. No need for 2 TVs. Though we have 3 TVs now at home :) ! LOL !

dreams

Gracias Senor
Add sun dth..I would vote then.

AFAIK, SUN DTH is best for south people living in North. Here in delhi we get only Sun TV, Jaya, Vijay and DD Podhigai. So SUN DTH fits me.

OP
N

nikhilpai

Techans
Surprising SUNDTH not mentioned!!! any thing against south??

Vaithy

Not at all. The simple reason why I did not include Sun TV is that I want this poll to compare DTH players's Rest of India offerings.

All DTH players including TATA, BIG & Airtel have separate offerings for South Indian consumers and separate for Rest of India. So its highly likely that a DTH operator may be providing good packages for South Indian channels; but it may not be offering decent packages for Rest of India users..... and vice versa.

Hence, it would be appropriate to have a separate poll for DTH channels from a South Indian users' perspective instead of mixing it with this poll.

Agreed. we need All Suck option. Please add to poll so that i can finally participate.

As I mentioned at the starting of the thread, this is a poll for users who are 'asantusht' with their cablewalla and want to go for DTH.

If you want a All suck option then that means u prefer to remain 'santusht' with your cablewalla :))

But see, DD Direct Plus is not there either :p

U aren't serious... r u? :))

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Not at all. The simple reason why I did not include Sun TV is that I want this poll to compare DTH players's Rest of India offerings.
As I mentioned at the starting of the thread, this is a poll for users who are 'asantusht' with their cablewalla and want to go for DTH.

If you want a All suck option then that means u prefer to remain 'santusht' with your cablewalla :))

I got Airtel Digital TV.
And all suck because every one have own problems. Choose one so that problems of that particular DTH don't concern you. For me its ADTV

A good high quality cable operator is much better then these DTH idiots. You bet.

TATA SKY sucks. :mad:

I switched over to a private cable operator in bangalore, Space Link Telivision Network who offer a DTH serivce with 180 channels and they show ALL channels, including ones which TATA SKY charges a huge premium on, and I paid just Rs. 200 as installation charges and Rs. 180 per month as rental. I got an STB free. Same thing with tata sky would cost Rs.500-600 per month along with Rs. 3000 installation charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom