sony w220
fuji j120
sony s930
nikon s520
fuji f40 fd
sony s950
nikon s51
nikon l18 , l20

All these are under rs.8500 at ebay.....which of these(one or more can also be told) are better than fs5.....

nikhilpai

Techans
sony w220
fuji j120
sony s930
nikon s520
fuji f40 fd
sony s950
nikon s51
nikon l18 , l20

All these are under rs.8500 at ebay.....which of these(one or more can also be told) are better than fs5.....

Only the Sony W220 can compete with the FS5. But even that does not have widescreen videos which I feel is a letdown. Also note that this is a grey market price as the official price with bill & warranty for the W220 will be Rs.12k

I would ignore the Sony S series completely as picture quality is pathetic.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
i more question...

would u suggest any other camera if the priority is pictures..mainly indoor pictures and also outdoor....

nikhilpai

Techans
Any camera can take good outdoor pictures.
For indoor pictures, I suggest Fuji F60d & Nikon S620.
I would also consider the Canon Ixus 95.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
1) so cant i go with fs5 for indoor pics????

2) also if i get the fs5 then which card shud i buy..
sandisk or shud i consider another brand.....
which 1 shud i choose....4gb or 8 gb.....will 8gb make the fs5 slow??
and also which type (sdhc or micro sdhc) and class....

3) fs5 available fr 6651 at ebay and
4gb sdhc sandisk at 495 and
8 gb micro sdhc sandisk at 899
8 gb sdhc sandisk at 1000

are all these good prices???

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
FS5 is also good indoors but the others I mentioned will be slightly better with lesser noise, especially the Fuji because of its large sensor.

Note though that all the 3 other cameras I mentioned don't have wide angle for photos and are not that great for videos.

Stick with Sandisk SDHC 8GB. It won't make the camera slow. You can go for Class 6

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
any idea how much sandisk sdhc CLASS 6 card will cost..both 4gb and 8gb???
and is it (sandisk sdhc CLASS 6 card) available on ebay at dis price which u mention??...

Last edited:

nikhilpai

Techans
Not too sure abt the latest prices. The prices u mention seem reasonable.
Suggest you buy the card from a physical store instead of ebay as there are lot of duplicates in circulation on ebay.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
ok....ill get card from shop...what bout getting fs5 from ebay for rs.6650????(can i buy camera safely at dis good price or must i buy from shop..at shops d price wud be surely high...right???)

nikhilpai

Techans
The price u mention on ebay is surely a grey market price.
You will get it officially with bill & manufacturer warranty for around Rs.8 - 8.5 k

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
ill mainly take indoor pictures at home....so iam still thinkin bout fs5..can u give me a links for indoor pics taken with fs5 so dat i can decide...

also is dere any other cam in de range for better indoor pics????

also....regarding fs3....what is d difference if it has 33mm lens compared to 30 mm on fs5??

nikhilpai

Techans
Try this link:
*www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-fs5/

Lesser the mm, wider the angle, so more area you can cover in a shot from the same distance.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
so..everyone says that fs5 is not good for indoor pics...ill be taking mostly pictures of my family at home...so pls tell me a cam which is also grt for indoor use....

nikhilpai

Techans
Do you want to take indoor pictures with flash or without flash?

With flash any camera will take decent pictures. Without flash most cameras will take less than decent pictures except a few like Fuji F200EXR and Nikon 620 which would be out of your range.

By the way if you want to see the benefit of wide angle, look at the illustration shown on top of this page:
*www.dcresource.com/reviews/panasonic/dmc_fx35-review/

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
Still cant fix the FS3....ok let me tell....actually i want a cam to take videos and pictures of for future ....so i dont want professional quality of course!!!! i have to take many photos and videos....so the thing which iam thinking is dat the videos from FS3 are so huge...right???so will i be able to take many videos???even if i convert to avi it wud be huge....right?? and also what about video size from other cams in dis range from canon and nikon which takes avi videos.....will deir size and the converrted avi's sizes be the same??? so shud i reconsider anything else in the range of FS3???

also...if i take videos in 640*480 or 320*240 will the videos be in avi format...whichever format it is , how much time video can i take in 2gb card at
1) 640*480
2) 320*240

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom