Best digicam around 8k??

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ce

Youngling
i'm using a w55 cybershot ... records at VGA 30fps ... mpeg format ... pretty decent ... but its only 7.2mp

acewin

Point Blanc
prices have reduced for cameras from sony/nikon/canon and other companies u can get 8MP well within 8K now in 9-10K u r getting 10MP and 12MP cameras

chavo

Journeyman
go for Nikon L20
10 mp
3.6 X optical zoom
3 inch screen
very light
and at 7,500 with 2gb memory card

graydot

Broken In
A small related query. I am also planning to get one of these cameras. I see that the DMC-LZ8 uses AA batteries. Aren't Lithium Ion batteries better? Is there any model of Li-Ion Batteries which can be used instead of AA in the same socket?

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
so ppl.let me buy the fs5...now dere is a deal for rs.7390 at ebay..or shud i buy smthin else..........like...ppl say dat sony nikon and canon are best brands....so...

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
so ppl.let me buy the fs5...now dere is a deal for rs.7390 at ebay..or shud i buy smthin else..........like...ppl say dat sony nikon and canon are best brands....also i come to hear that fs5 doesnt have zoom in video !!!!......so...

nikhilpai

Techans
so ppl.let me buy the fs5...now dere is a deal for rs.7390 at ebay..or shud i buy smthin else..........like...ppl say dat sony nikon and canon are best brands....also i come to hear that fs5 doesnt have zoom in video !!!!......so...

The cheapest compact camera which can zoom in videos is Panasonic TZ15 which costs around Rs.15k. A couple of Sony T series cameras can also zoom in video but they are also in the same range.

As far as brands is concerned, rest assured Panasonic is amongst the best brands in the world as regards compacts cameras.

There is no other camera in a budget of Rs.8k which can take videos in widescreen format, has a reasonably wide angle (30mm) and has Image stabilisation.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
thanks...nikeel
iam having an offer from ebay for fs5 at 7390 and 500 discount.....ie...6890....so i think ill go with it...let me????

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
but wait....i still have dat doubt which i had for so long...i see no site rating fs5 as best....and in most sites its not ranked high......cams like ::

canon a1000 is
nikon l19
olympus stylus 9000
fuji finepix z30

rated the best...the thing is dat in no webite do i find fs5 rated high...so what do u ppl say?????i want to take good pics and videos.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I find panasonic cameras getting rave reviews in all the photography magazines(not digit sh!t) like better photography and smart photography all the time . Dont know what website you are talking to.

I personally never saw that particular panasonic model , but i find them to be decent shooter and with very high quality made.

OP
H

hari.vgl

Broken In
ok...so as many ppl say i think ill g owith fs5 for 6890 at ebay...
2 things...
1. which card should i get with it ..both size and company and type....
2. is it true that it cant zoom during video...omg...lot of low end or poor branded cams even can zoom..if it can zoom at 4x in pics..why cant it do zooom in videos???

nikhilpai

Techans
but wait....i still have dat doubt which i had for so long...i see no site rating fs5 as best....and in most sites its not ranked high......cams like ::

canon a1000 is
nikon l19
olympus stylus 9000
fuji finepix z30

rated the best...the thing is dat in no webite do i find fs5 rated high...so what do u ppl say?????i want to take good pics and videos.

Out of the cameras you mention, Canon A1000 and Fuji Z30 are very good cameras in terms of image quality. But they are very poor in videos.
The other 2 cameras aren't that good.
Further, none of these 4 cameras have optical image stabilisation (not sure about the Fuji, but the others definitely lack it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom