Best config for counter strike 1.6

hitesh

In the zone
your absolutely on the mark and this simple thing i couldn't explain ( my fault ) .....i tried using absorbing materials , ended up cpu overheating ( vents were blocked out ) ......so thought of going for something specifically built for low noise and stuff also if its low on power i could keep it on all day :D download the world :3

- - - Updated - - -

relief , exactly now that you say this ...i always felt felt my crt monitor was way better ...i was looking into spending on a montior giving equal or better performance ( it REALLY matters )

I know (no offense to anyone but people hardly suggest it here while suggesting 40k gpus.. I mean wth) . Hand on experience. Actually I wish I hadn't played on that monitor. I sooo want to upgrade from my S2240L

i played go it is quite nice but what i felt was that cs had always been the game where you dont need graphics or fancy stuff , it was about something different ....there are games like battlefield , far cry and then there is cs but then again that's just me ...i know a few that would die by the game including me , we play from the very beginning ....when there were players like wolf , doomhammer , skid , ...sad they all work in restaurants or call centre's these days

I know (no offense to anyone but people hardly suggest it here while suggesting 40k gpus.. I mean wth) . Hand on experience. Actually I wish I hadn't played on that monitor. I sooo want to upgrade from my S2240L

absolutely , i wanted to cut down on power consumption from the beginning :3 ........i too have the s2240l but trust me my crt was way better ......i am hoping this should help me win some matches (again very VERY important ) :D

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
your absolutely on the mark and this simple thing i couldn't explain ( my fault ) .....i tried using absorbing materials , ended up cpu overheating ( vents were blocked out ) ......so thought of going for something specifically built for low noise and stuff also if its low on power i could keep it on all day :D download the world :3

there already are pre built silent cabinets, so why nit buy them? And for the power consumption, you should go with what hitesh said. Just don't go with those PSUs, the Antec 450p is a minimum.

hitesh

In the zone
there already are pre built silent cabinets, so why nit buy them? And for the power consumption, you should go with what hitesh said. Just don't go with those PSUs, the Antec 450p is a minimum.

@OP
You can try what Aditya says about these silent cabbies. I am not familiar with them, but you should give them a try

yes aditya can you give links to those silent cabbys ? please :)

- - - Updated - - -

also is this worth it ...it has 240 hz ...been looking at it for a while ..if its worth where can i get it ?

*www.eizo.com/global/products/foris/fg2421/index.html

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I listed a silent cabinet in my rig but apparently an evil moderator [MENTION=135632]vkl[/MENTION] deleted my post. Damn you vkl!!

hitesh

In the zone
It would be better if you avoid foris and stick with Benq due to after sale services (benq has great a.s.s. !!)

- - - Updated - - -

can you explain ? i am kind of confused

That 240hz is not actually 240hz. Ofc it is better/superior than 120hz but it is not a true 240hz monitor. I can't explain that properly; will have to look for that article

Last edited:

hitesh

In the zone
IMO buy locally. You can save a decent amount, especially on monitor's and cabinet's shipping cost

- - - Updated - - -

That 240hz is not actually 240hz. Ofc it is better/superior than 120hz but it is not a true 240hz monitor. That can't explain that properly; will have to look for that article

This should be enough I guess - *www.overclock.net/t/1438195/eizo-new-240hz-eizo-foris-fg2421-gaming-monitor

vkl

Cyborg Agent
I listed a silent cabinet in my rig but apparently an evil moderator [MENTION=135632]vkl[/MENTION] deleted my post. Damn you vkl!!
Your post was deleted because of the useless troll post which let to thread derailing.
CS1.6 is not BF4.The former doesn't require a very powerful CPU or GPU which is comparable to that in case of bf4 at high settings.Useless recommendation is not required here.
BF4 is more about visual quality along with fps skills whereas CS1.6 is more about getting frags and skills,visual quality-wise it is neither demanding not is it's priority.

[MENTION=156084]Godoftheforbiddenlight[/MENTION]
Please try posting a definite budget-cap or a reasonable range,otherwise you give food to trolls.

Your post was deleted because of the useless troll post which let to thread derailing.
CS1.6 is not BF4.The former doesn't require a very powerful CPU or GPU which is comparable to that in case of bf4 at high settings.Useless recommendation is not required here.
BF4 is more about visual quality along with fps skills whereas CS1.6 is more about getting frags and skills,visual quality-wise it is neither demanding not is it's priority.

[MENTION=156084]Godoftheforbiddenlight[/MENTION]
Please try posting a definite budget-cap or a reasonable range,otherwise you give food to trolls.

i din't compare bf4 with cs (who would do that ? ) ...i said there are games like bf4, etc where you get great graphics and gameplay ...cs you get only gameplay ....so adding graphics to that in the form of GO ( the whole point why everyone loves cs , its simple ) was not well accepted by a little more than a few plus i mentioned it was my opinion .......anyways i have got the necessary information i came here looking for, you can go ahead and close the thread , as there have been unnecessary trolls which i had no intention's feeding .......i din't mention a budget because i don't have a budget i can spend 15 lakhs behind the computer but the requirements are more important in this build than luxury hence i am going with the other suggestions

vkl

Cyborg Agent
i din't compare bf4 with cs (who would do that ? ) ...i said there are games like bf4, etc where you get great graphics and gameplay ...cs you get only gameplay ....so adding graphics to that in the form of GO ( the whole point why everyone loves cs , its simple ) was not well accepted by a little more than a few plus i mentioned it was my opinion .......anyways i have got the necessary information i came here looking for, you can go ahead and close the thread , as there have been unnecessary trolls which i had no intention's feeding .......i din't mention a budget because i don't have a budget i can spend 15 lakhs behind the computer but the requirements are more important in this build than luxury hence i am going with the other suggestions

Mate,I was not referring to you with bf4 and cs1.6 comparison.I was only implying the hardware requirement difference between the two and how useless i7 4960x,4 titans,3*4k monitors etc type recommendations were for cs1.6

Top Bottom