Best config for counter strike 1.6

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: I want to play Counter Strike 1.6 in it for 5-6 hours and make it download stuff all night long so i want it to be as energy efficient as possible also if there was a way to make it silent .....

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: no such constraints

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: not at all

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: windows 7 or 8 (i have both)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: around 1 - 2 tb , might go for an ssd , if it improves gameplay in any manner

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: i have no idea here for suggestions

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: i will everything required in this purchase including a ups ....only thing i have decided is the steel series sensei as my mouse , rest i have no idea

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: as soon as i am on a fix

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: assembler though i have my roomate

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: kolkata , open to best deals

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: don't comprise on components if it hampers gameplay , the game is first priority

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ssd for counter strike 1.6? Are you serious?
That game is like 6 year old, any config around 20k should be able to play it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Ans: around 1 - 2 tb , might go for an ssd , if it improves gameplay in any manner

:facepalm:

A pentium 4 with integrated graphics is capable of running CS at good framerates, if you need decent suggestions for your config.. you will have to answer the questionnaire properly.. like what other games you plan to play and overall budget

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Look at [MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] s suggested config here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=183436
i3 3220 (6500)
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (4200)
EVM 1333 MHz 4 GB (2400)
Antec BP300 (2100)
Local cabinet without PSU (800)
DELL S2240L (8900)

total: 24.9k

deathblade

death,destruction and dev
Intel Core i3 4130 -7500,
Gigabyte GA-H81M-S1 -4200,
Kingston hyper x blue 4GB 1600Mhz -2700,
Antec VP450P -2600,
WD blue 500GB-2900,
CM elite 311 cabinet -2300,
Dell In2030M -6500,
Steel series sensei-6800,
Steel series QCK tyloo-1500,
Razer kraken-3500,
APC 600Va-2250.
TOTAL -41950.

its a 6 year old game that's true but a good pc directly affects recoil , i have 3 laptops and 2 pc's ...only my pc's are capable off minimal recoil thus i am asking

hitesh

In the zone
You have to mention your budget. I mean give us a range.10k ? 20? 50? 100?

Also you sure you wouldn't be playing any other game ?

- - - Updated - - -

Case:Fractal Define R4 Silent Case
PSU:1300W EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Gold Power Supply Unit
Mobo:ASUS RAMPAGE IV Black Edition X79
CPU:Intel® Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition
RAM:64GB DDR3 1600MHz (8GBx8 DIMMS) Corsair DOMINATOR® DHX+

GPU 1:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
gpu 2:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
GPU 3:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
GPU 4:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION

HDD 1/2: 4TB 7200RPMx2 in Raid 0
SSD:1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Cooling:Frostbite Liquid Cooling Single Loop

Monitor:ASUS (PQ321Q) 31.5" 4K Widescreen LED Backlight LCD Monitor x3(For 12K resolution)
Mouse:Razer Mamba.
Pad:Razer Goliathus.
KB:Razer BlackWidow.

Total Cost : INR 15 lakhs only.

Actually that's a very weak rig. There is no 120hz/144hz monitor

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OPs requirement reminds me of a local gaming cafe where they got HD 6870s for CS 1.6 and Dota 1 and other Old games, not even LoL or Dota 2 :evil:
Dota fans I understand, but CS 1.6 fans.. I never will ..
Anyways, OP, you already have a pretty good PC, why would you build another specifically for CS 1.6 ?
If it's SPECIFICALLY for CS 1.6 and nothing else, go with SaiyanGoku's suggestion
You will have no impact in ingame performance, dedicated GPU or no,
Intel HD 4000 can outrun this game for like 8X of what is actually needed to play it right

Okay.

Case:Fractal Define R4 Silent Case
PSU:1300W EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 Gold Power Supply Unit
Mobo:ASUS RAMPAGE IV Black Edition X79
CPU:Intel® Core i7 4960X Extreme Edition
RAM:64GB DDR3 1600MHz (8GBx8 DIMMS) Corsair DOMINATOR® DHX+

GPU 1:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
gpu 2:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
GPU 3:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION
GPU 4:NVIDIA® GeForce GTX TITAN EVGA BLACK EDITION

HDD 1/2: 4TB 7200RPMx2 in Raid 0
SSD:1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD

Cooling:Frostbite Liquid Cooling Single Loop

Monitor: Seiki SE65UY04 65-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED TV x3(For 12K resolution)
Mouse:Razer Mamba.
Pad:Razer Goliathus.
KB:Razer BlackWidow.

Price:Roughly same(15 lakhs)

1300 watts psu :/ ....i don't use my current rig cause its 650 watt and it makes a lot of noise :evil:

thats the whole point of it , making a low power consuming silent pc that has the best possible components for 1.6

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Go with what Saiyan Goku suggested, it is capable of low power consumption + good experience in CS
Should you ever plan to upgrade to CS GO, add a mid range gpu like R7 260X

Pasapa

Live to die another day
I see trolls everywhere, anyway
[MENTION=145143]SaiyanGoku[/MENTION],
The game is more than 10 years old not 6..

You have to mention your budget. I mean give us a range.10k ? 20? 50? 100?

Also you sure you wouldn't be playing any other game ?

- - - Updated - - -

Actually that's a very weak rig. There is no 120hz/144hz monitor

nope i am sure i wouldn't be playing any more games in it , thing is i have a few pc's which do give good performance but they are 650 watts and 1800 watts ....my laptops being mid high one's don't deliver good recoil , i have terrible recoil as a result loose out on a few battles (which are very important ) ....since i stay in a hostel room .my room mate gets irritated from the cpu noise this is why i intend to build something stealthy ....if its low on consumption it'll be great since i also intend to use it for downloading throughout the night and play 5-6 hours in the day .......i hope NOW i am being clear on what i want .....as i said there is no constraint on the budget but after seeing 15 lakhs i'd wish some people realize we are from a 3rd world country

- - - Updated - - -

I will repeat - Is this only for 1.6 or will you play GO (or any other game) in future ?

i do play source little but unless they take off 1.6 in recent times i am not shifting towards go

hitesh

In the zone
VS450 / VP450 - 2.1k/2.6k
Intel Pentium G2020 - 3.2k
H61 mobo - 3.2k
Kingston hyper x blue 4GB 1600Mhz -2.7k
Samsung 840 120GB - 6.5k
CMP 250 - 2k
BENQ XL2411Z - 23k
Keyboard - Decide yourself (bc looks involved)

If CS GO in future, replace pentium with i5 4th gen, that mobo with a h81 mobo and add a R7 265

What do you think ? It is silent, power efficient etc

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
so i guess you play professionally or something like that and your playing disturbs others as you current build makes a lot of noise, and you have some pretty great rig(judging by your signature), you want a rig perfect for CS 1.6. I would say, why not a a new cabinet for your rig which is silent and is made with sound absorbing material(idk what that could be)? You can also replace the fans in your rig to make it more silent. Hope this helps :)

VS450 / VP450 - 2.1k/2.6k
Intel Pentium G2020 - 3.2k
H61 mobo - 3.2k
Kingston hyper x blue 4GB 1600Mhz -2.7k
Samsung 840 120GB - 6.5k
CMP 250 - 2k
BENQ XL2411Z - 23k
Keyboard - Decide yourself (bc looks involved)

If CS GO in future, replace pentium with i5 4th gen, that mobo with a h81 mobo and add a R7 265

What do you think ? It is silent, power efficient etc

Thanks for taking it seriously
should i buy an expensive silent cabinet as advertised or is this silent enough for my mate to study while i gun down tango's :3

- - - Updated - - -

HeatoN and SpawN do use benq if i am not wrong

hitesh

In the zone
Thanks for taking it seriously
should i buy an expensive silent cabinet as advertised or is this silent enough for my mate to study while i gun down tango's :3

I am using this cabby and before I installed a noisy cm fan and gtx 460 hawk, it was VERY silent

- - - Updated - - -

HeatoN and SpawN do use benq if i am not wrong

Yup they do along with many more pros (basically there is not a pro player who plays on less than 120/144hz monitor)

btw I would strongly suggest you to move to CS GO. It is awesome ! Almost everyone who played 1.6/source has moved on

so i guess you play professionally or something like that and your playing disturbs others as you current build makes a lot of noise, and you have some pretty great rig(judging by your signature), you want a rig perfect for CS 1.6. I would say, why not a a new cabinet for your rig which is silent and is made with sound absorbing material(idk what that could be)? You can also replace the fans in your rig to make it more silent. Hope this helps :)

your absolutely on the mark and this simple thing i couldn't explain ( my fault ) .....i tried using absorbing materials , ended up cpu overheating ( vents were blocked out ) ......so thought of going for something specifically built for low noise and stuff also if its low on power i could keep it on all day :D download the world :3

- - - Updated - - -

I am using this cabby and before I installed a noisy cm fan and gtx 460 hawk, it was VERY silent

- - - Updated - - -

Yup they do along with many more pros (basically there is not a pro player who uses less than 120/144hz)

btw I would strongly suggest you to move to CS GO. It is awesome ! Almost everyone who played 1.6/source has moved on

relief , exactly now that you say this ...i always felt felt my crt monitor was way better ...i was looking into spending on a montior giving equal or better performance ( it REALLY matters )

Top Bottom