Best camera phone for around 5.5k

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hi , i am posting here after a long time .
So my age old , beloved SE w810 has gone kaput and i need a new phone to replace it . My priorities are good camera and then the looks .
I wont be listening to music on it since i also carry my ipod touch everywhere .It will be good if the cam has a flash otherwise the cam should be atleast better or equal to that of my previous phone .
My knowledge of the current mobile market is low so please advise guys , I would be buying the phone within the next 4-5 days .

ayanavish

Right off the assembly line
You can check it out here:
Nokia X2 Phone Details - Push Email;quadband;edge;Facebook; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
OK the X2 looks good , i will check with my local dealer about its price and then reply again .
Also does anyone know how micro max is as a brand . I have found out one model x500 , has a 5mp camera , does any1 know how it is since it falls under my budget .

sujoyp

Grand Master
OK the X2 looks good , i will check with my local dealer about its price and then reply again .
Also does anyone know how micro max is as a brand . I have found out one model x500 , has a 5mp camera , does any1 know how it is since it falls under my budget .

Dont even think of macromax for a good cam....X2 is good for u

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Hey i checked with my local dealer and he is providing me x2 for Rs5750 .
I did some research and found that many x2 users are facing random restart problems and poor battery life , is it true ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup I read yesterday in gsmarena comments that x2 is bit buggy now...people r actually facing restart problems...but they say cam and music is very good...nokia should release update soon...

azzu

AJJU
AFAIK Presently X2's camera sucks and does the Phone , better wait,
increase ur budget and go for 6303

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
After hearing so many advises i finally decided to go with nokia X2 , here is my experience .....
The phone looks good in pictures but in real it is not at all good looking , i am talking about the silver /blue model .

I put some mp3 files , around 30 of them . While listning to mp3 if you scroll through music too fast you will get a restart . I first thaught it was a random one but everytime i did it , most of the times i got a restart . If you are thinking of getting a 16 Gb memory card think again since this mobile is struggling to handle a 2 GB memory card.
If you purchased this mobile for listening to songs you should not scroll very fast else you will loose your mood for listening to songs.
The cam quality is certainly not 5MP quality . What should we do with so much pixels if the picture is not clear . Dont get me wrong , it is better then an average 2mp cam but if you have your hopes high seeing the 5mp cam then think again .
The flash is good for seeing your time during dark .
I clicked a picture and on the screen it looked good , i was happy*www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/happy19.gif , but just then i found out that it was in some other format and needed some conversion and then came the second restart , the photo that i had clicked had gone , the baby boys whose photo i had clicked was not looking happy either .*www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/Invision18.gif

If you think its the memory card problem then think again , i put another 1 gb card in it and filled it a bit to find the problems persisting .
Don’t try changing memory cards they wont help every memory card will cause hang/restart.

Just remove the memory card and start using the phone with the internal memory only till the next software version is released.

Without the memory card the phone will never have the hang/restart . Just try this out and save yourself the heartache.Till then listen to the FM and click very few snaps *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/123.gif . Yeah it does not require headsets plugged in to start the radio , which i doubted first but after leaping outside my window the phone was able detect radio frequencies .

I know you badly want to use the memory card .But you got to understand they are not made for each other .
I returned this phone in the evening to the dealer and he accepted it happily *www.techenclave.com/images/smilies/confused1.gif ,
It seems a lot of these sets are getting replaced , The dealer says that the first lot of this model has problems , i didnt understand what he meant but i was happy to get rid of it .
Those who are thinking of buying this phone , just first go to your place of worship and pray , you may be lucky and wont get a defective model .
Otherwise With a little modification in human behavior this phone will work , for eg. Dont scroll through music very fast or be patient to take another snap of a picture if the phone reboots in the process , hold your phone in different positions to listen to radio etc .

I wonder how many people actually have used a particular product before advising it to others , i was really disappointed :x.

sujoyp

Grand Master
hey bro but u already knew about the restart thing isnt it...y did u get it before 1st firmware update;-)...thanks for telling your experience

I know Nokia is always like this...thats the reason I am not recommending N8 to anyone:evil:

only after 1-2 firmware update the product become superb:lol:(ex 5800)

OP
rohan_mhtr

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted
Yeah thank god my dealer accepted the phone back . When i read about the hanging problem on net , i thaught it would have been some random restart once in a week but as mentioned above i got about 7-8 restarts in the 2 days i used it that too while doing regular tasks . Also the features mentioned on it are ala a gimmic .I am thinking of buying LG GD 510 or samsung star which cost around 6.1k according to my dealer . I checked the LG and it doesnt have a flash but the camera clearity was good as were its looks .

Top Bottom