Best Camcorder (15K-20K)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
again too many choices...if u guyz can throw some light on the features of these models...then it wud b more beneficial for me :) but thnx once again 4 ur replies

zegulas

Traceur
Dude, I own the Panasonic NV-GS35 and it simply rocks!!!
It has 30X optical zoom, 1000X digital zoom, Colour night mode feature,
it uses the SD card for storing photos and can store upto 1000 images at its best quality on a 128MB SD Card.
It cost me Rs 30,000 when I bought it.
The video quality is simply superb (1000 times better than any DVD videos can be compared to HDTV) 8) :wink:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
zegulas said:
Dude, I own the Panasonic NV-GS35 and it simply rocks!!!
It has 30X optical zoom, 1000X digital zoom, Colour night mode feature,
it uses the SD card for storing photos and can store upto 1000 images at its best quality on a 128MB SD Card.
It cost me Rs 30,000 when I bought it.
The video quality is simply superb (1000 times better than any DVD videos can be compared to HDTV) 8) :wink:

I have not used this particular model and you may be right generally but -

Who will use 30 X Zoom even if optical, even rarely?
The stills (1000 images) will be worse than those from the cheapest digital still camera. (it is the same with most of the camcorders)
How can the Mini DV be 1000 times better than DVD quality?
Finally the price should be muche less nowadays since it has been coming down steeply for quite some time.
Anyway I think the particular brand has Leica lens which has good optics.

V.Prem Kumar

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
janitha said:
From what I could find, Canon L2 is a Hi-8 Handicam and not a still one

Well all I can say is, it was my bad. Its S2IS and not L2IS.

And Ankur I'll get it from Japan. 22k for camera, battery charger and 512MB SDcard. Not a bad deal at all.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
zombie said:
janitha said:
From what I could find, Canon L2 is a Hi-8 Handicam and not a still one

Well all I can say is, it was my bad. Its S2IS and not L2IS.

And Ankur I'll get it from Japan. 22k for camera, battery charger and 512MB SDcard. Not a bad deal at all.

It is availavble at Bombay where jjmehta quotes a price of Rs.25250 including 512 MB SD card, 4 NiMH charger and pouch with 3 months warranty from their side. (as seen from thier website)

Anyway, being a canon it should give you superb results. And the optical zoom is a fantastic 12x. (though you may never use it at that range. My Coolpix has 8X but such long range I have never used during the past 3 years eventhough wildlife photography is one of my pastimes.)
Happy shooting
V.Prem Kumar

zegulas

Traceur
janitha said:

The stills (1000 images) will be worse than those from the cheapest digital still camera. (it is the same with most of the camcorders)
Finally the price should be muche less nowadays since it has been coming down steeply for quite some time.

V.Prem Kumar

Dude 1000 times better, doesn't mean literally "1000 times". But yes, I found it to be more better than DVD videos. And also the image quality provided by the camcorder is very good, but the resolution is small (0.8MP), but the 'quality' is better than most of the common digital cameras! :p

janitha

Wise Old Owl
zegulas said:
janitha said:

V.Prem Kumar

Dude 1000 times better, doesn't mean literally "1000 times". But yes, I found it to be more better than DVD videos. And also the image quality provided by the camcorder is very good, but the resolution is small (0.8MP), but the 'quality' is better than most of the common digital cameras! :p

The resolution in case of DVD is 720x480 and I don't think an ordinary Mini DV can match it. I am not very sure and hope somebody who know better will clarify. Anyway I have never seen a Mini DV video better than a DVD.
BTW by way of comparison, I meant Mini DV and DVD and not DVD Camcorder.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom