Best Buy - 12 K

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
@djmykey i have several apps installed on my n73 me and the memory is 1.7GB filled up but then too its fast . the new firmware for n73 did the trick. Earlier n73 was launched ,it used to take 7 seconds to save a captured image but it takes only 3 seconds to save it. Great improvement imo .

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@djmkey - Congrats on your purchase.
I am glad that you purchased the phone as per your needs. :)
Enjoy the phone.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@djmykey i have several apps installed on my n73 me and the memory is 1.7GB filled up but then too its fast . the new firmware for n73 did the trick. Earlier n73 was launched ,it used to take 7 seconds to save a captured image but it takes only 3 seconds to save it. Great improvement imo .

Dude if it works for you then I'm happy for ya man :) there is a colleague in my office who has a N73ME and it hangs like anything. The poor guy has to reboot the mobile every now and then am not sure if it is related to his phone only but Symbian phones are more or less like Windows, the longer you dun format the more time it takes to load

@djmkey - Congrats on your purchase. I am glad that you purchased the phone as per your needs. Enjoy the phone.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
The loss in speed is because people sometimes tend to keep apps running in the background. This takes its toll on the performance and when the RAM gets choked the phone crashes. Its a good practice to check whats running in the background by pressing and holding the menu key to bring up the list of running apps. Also upgrade to the latest firmware as soon as possible. People often tend to stick on the older firmwares and then complain about problems which are usually solved in the already available firmware update. For example one of my friend still has his N95 on the v12 firmware and he complains about the key press bug!

utsav

damn busy...
@krazyfrog +1 the apps running in background r the main reason for hanging of smartphones

djmykey

Let the music play.....
@krazyfrog. - Very true indeed. Most of the ppl do not know how to use Symbian fones and end all applications with the End Call button, which doesn't terminate the app but just puts it in the background. Now this is something that I have witnessed. But still man (based on my exp with my N6600) the fone does hang or freeze at random times for no specific reasons.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
6600 had a very slow processor. That phone was slow even without any memory card inserted and without any apps running in the background. Infact the N-Gage QD that I had was much faster than that. Unfortunately 6600 was also very popular. Many people had their first taste of smartphones and Symbian with 6600. Hence they made the general conclusion that Symbian smartphones are slow. And even today in the day and age of phones like 5700 and E51, people still think Symbian phones are slow.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
dude ..u were sleeping kya ? ver 4 firmware
Hey look man. Nobody was sleeping while posting all this. So, u better watch ur words. Better dont answer to queries, if u cant do it with manners.
Regarding the post, there are number of firmware versions starting with 4. I asked becoz, i dont know which one exactly.
Is it Version 4.0723.2.0.1?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
A2DP was introduced in v4. So no matter which version it is, if it starts with 4, it'll have A2DP. BTW v4 was introduced quite a while ago. If you don't have it yet, your phone's running a pretty outdated software.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Version 4.0723.2.0.1 was the first. Nope, i dont have it. Didnt know about it. Thanks!
Though, i never experienced any lockups or performance degrades with V3.0638.0.0.30 that came stock. But as V4.XXXX contains A2DP support, i might think of upgrading now. :p

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
So much of fuss about A2DP !!! Can anyone tell me what are they ??? (Sorry I am quite a newbie at these things).

And I'll be buying my cell within the next 2 days. So I need to make up my mind.

I am strongly inclined toward N73 ME .
Only 1 doubt, how is its camera quality ????

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
So much of fuss about A2DP !!! Can anyone tell me what are they ??? (Sorry I am quite a newbie at these things).
And I'll be buying my cell within the next 2 days. So I need to make up my mind.
I am strongly inclined toward N73 ME .
Only 1 doubt, how is its camera quality ????
A2DP stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. The feature is embedded into most of the latest mobiles and PDAs! The feature benefits of streaming audio using Bluetooth over enabled devices. Stereo actually! :p
I came to know about this after i got Rokr E6! Didnt know that latest N73 firmware supports it. Quite an interesting fuss!
Anyways, N73ME is still quite appealing phone. This is becoz of its power packed features. From Carl Zeiss 3.2MP lens to excellent stereo speakers or 3G capability to Ngage platform profile. Its nice. Just check the reviews man. Its all good with that price tag. Excellent VFM phone. Regarding, Camera, i found it excellent during daytime usage. Though, in night the camera screams for a Xenon Flash. But that shouldnt bother u much. Typical video recording. So, go for it.
Offtopic,
How much is N93i btw??

acewin

Point Blanc
usage can make anything slow. This is true for everything. Format the device and you will find it comes back to normal, thats what I will say for N73 ME slowness, though people who say it didnt got slow is because they are with it for long any depreciation is linear and not quadratic or even cubic.

Heehe, but to any sony lovers joystick in a Sony phone sucks like anything.
+1 for N73 ME for under 12 or 13K budget (as its priced 13K not 12K)

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Well, my original budget was 10k but i extended it to 12k.
to buy n73 me i'll have to further extend 1.5k.

btw, i am also getting moto e6 for about 10k.
any suggestions about it ?

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Guys ... listen.
1st am am reallly sorry for bothering you all again.

Well, i wont be able to buy my phone until this 27th (Due to my engineering entrance exams).

But I sure will get my phone on the 28th April.

So, I guess I have a little more time to ponder upon.

And I am even ready to increase my budget upto 15K if required.

Please tell me sum good options ...

OP
iatb.gourav

iatb.gourav

Ready To Rule !!!
Go for rokr Z6 supports A2DP
*www.gsmarena.com/motorola_rokr_z6-1825.php

well, currently I am using Z3.
so there's no question of going to Z6 as the both are quite similar !!!

why would i spend so much on the getting almost the same phone which i am using now???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom