Best Anti-Virus !!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
could you please explain... as i am planning to go long term (3years) with QHTS
The fact that I had purchased Quick Heal Internet Suite 2014 ,installed onto my Genuine Licensed Windows 7(64-bit) Pro. OS.
There used to be some issues,and after honouring the advice of @TDF Friends,particularly @whitestar_999,I switched to Avast!(64-bit). It was REALLY RUNNING SUPER without any issues whatsoever.The virus engine of avast! is extraordinarily powerful in detections...not a single problem faced to date.
I also used Comodo Internet suite(64-bit) FREE as the Firewall(Disabling the anti-virus),besides avast! FREE and also Spicebot-Search & Destroy(64-bit) FREE.

Though I had to uninstall the above three security tools in-lieu of having Bitdefender Internet Security 2014(ALL-IN-ONE) as a GIVEAWAY.

My Personal experience is Quick Heal is never comparable with avast! FREE also.
Quick Heal is much less powerful when compared to avast!,AVIRA,Kaspersky,Bitdefender,AVG,G-Data,etc.(PAID VERSIONS) anti-virus software tool.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Immunet uses clamAV(open source) & provides decent protection but it depends on net connection for optimum protection & certainly not a good choice for an average user when there are better & free alternatives.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
could you please explain... as i am planning to go long term (3years) with QHTS

why not buy Kaspersky/bitdefender instead which have proven to be one the best paid AV's? or why not go with Avast free version (which is still better than any indian antivirus paid or free)?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Banned or not he can still see this topic. So here is my suggestion, Norton Internet Security. Have been using them from 2007, and never changed to anything else. Stable, does more than enough job for me. However false positives might become PITA sometimes.

I tried Avast as per lots of recommendations here and elsewhere, and it was the worst AV I ever used, along with Quick Heal.

Neuron

Electronic.
I prefer AVG over avast basically because avast seems to be a bit too aggressive and intrusive. Like if I connect a flash drive it won't let me use it until it's fully scanned. AVG on the other hand won't take an action unless necessary. It also let's you choose what to do about minor threats which sometimes is helpful.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Banned or not he can still see this topic. So here is my suggestion, Norton Internet Security. Have been using them from 2007, and never changed to anything else. Stable, does more than enough job for me. However false positives might become PITA sometimes.

I tried Avast as per lots of recommendations here and elsewhere, and it was the worst AV I ever used, along with Quick Heal.

I beg to differ Friend with you on this aspect...
The AV engine of avast! is much superior than Quick Heal and many other AV tools. Regarding false positives it is as similar to that of AVG,whereas the other functioning and Resident Shield is much ease to use at.

tkin

Back to school!!

Norton on the other hand consumes as much resources as a game and def updates as large as steam updates.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION],since when did norton became heavy?everywhere i see people complaining about kaspersky & bitdefender but norton & eset usually come out as light but then every AV has these issues.i have seen people complaining about kaspersky bringing their core i7 16gb ram system to crawl whereas i have used it fine on an intel atom 2gb ram system.i have even seen people complaining about WSA which is a 700kb setup file(& it is not web installer).maybe you got unlucky concerning norton.

Top Bottom