Best 5.1 within 10K

Status
Not open for further replies.

royal

Padawan
hi all,

can u suggest me a 5.1 speaker within 10k? :(

It is to be used primarily for gaming and DVD movie watching... 8)

I want it to be from Logitech/ Altec Lansing ( i think Creative speakers in this range r primarily for audiophiles ) ... I am also game for Artis speakers but plz dont suggest mercury/intex... :evil:

My choice is Logitech Z5300 ... what is its current price? :roll:

I would love to hear from anyone using it ... :p

digitizen

Journeyman
mercury

hey dude

talk about altec lansing it sucks man. i recently bought an altec lansing 5.1 spekaers with remote for 6500 k but its no good it does not pack that much punch . but i have mercury sw 1980 it has more bass than the former altec lansing . i think sw 1980 is a very good 4.1 speaker for under 3000 k give it a shot ull love it . i am using it for more than three years .

moshel

Padawan
altec lansing in 2.1 category are the best available.......but in the 5.1 category creative rulezzzzzzz.....i dont remember any names, but if u want 5.1 go for creative.

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
thanks Mohit and others...

any other suggestions,guys??

I would love to have advice from the mods...

goobimama

 Macboy
I have the Logitech Z5500D. Too good. Based on this I would suggest going in for the 5300D.

The 5300 is THX certified which means guaranteed good sound. Go for it.

rakee

Journeyman
MERCURY SW 1980 ROCKS..me too using it for past 4 yrs...4.1 theater good bass....enough for gaming and DVDs..

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hey goobimama and rakee....thx :D

btw how much do the respective speakers cost ???

and guys i need a 5.1 ...not a 4.1 :evil:

goobimama

 Macboy
The Logitech Z5300 would cost you minimum 10.5k and the Logitech Z5500D would cost you minimum 20k though I bought mine for 27k (In Goa).

Creative low end is not even THX certified....forget them unless you are on a tight budget.

kishore

Right off the assembly line
5.1 spks

Hey guys,

Go for Creative, i thnk its the best in the block.u can even opt for an Altec lansing even thats good but i prefer creative and i thnk its the best i hav been using it for 4 yrs now,its a 2.1 inspire but it rocks man.Its all regarding the build quality and reliability,Even the performance is mind blowing. Dont go for a mercury at any cost it sounds good but only for an yr or so.u ll hav some Amp problems after that and u wont get a soln at all.

ok da bye good luck
kishore.....

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Well according to DIGIT MAG. may 2006 speaker review the best choice would be:
1) PHILIPS HTR5000 -> MRP.12990/-
2) PHILIPS MMS 5.500 i/C -> MPR.4990/-

Altec Lansing GT-5051R's price was given as -> MRP. 7600.

These are MRP's so actually u could expect 10-20% less when u actually go to buy.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
royal u already have the answer to ur question...

i.e. logitech z-5300, for a budget of 10-11K they are the best speakers available plus they are THX certified...the bass is much better than creative speakers....creative speakers are underpowered

ENjoy...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I have altec lansgin 251 and i think that for the price it is good, i heard a 2.1 creatuive inspiron and it is crap.
go with altec lansing 5051

overdose_14

Broken In
Hey buy Cyber Accoustics

They provide a 10 inch sub woofer.
and quality and stylish speakers

The woofer is 60 watts so it rocks

Available for Rs.4500

I give 10 out of 5 for value for money

I love them
In fact I am going to choose them for my new PC

OP
royal

royal

Padawan
hey overdose_14

could you throw some more light on the speaker ... detail specs/authorized dealers etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom