best 2.1 speakers....ummm????

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 118788

u mean to is if i want quality music then its not the sp2500!!!!
i need more advice on this.
thank you

Some People Love Quality Sound Or Some Loves to Blast his neighbor's house.

If You Need Quality Sound Then Buy These:
1. Swan M10 @ 5.5K (I'm Buying these one)
2. AudioEngine A2 @ 9.5K or AudioEngine A5 @ 18K

If You Want To Kill Your Neighbor's Sleep Then These:
1. Corsair SP2500 @ 14.75K
2. Logitech Z623
3. Altec Lansing MX5021 Expressionist Ultra @ 8K

MegaMind

Human Spambot
u mean to is if i want quality music then its not the sp2500!!!!
i need more advice on this.
thank you

In music, the Audioengine A5s are better performer than SP2500...

In movies n gaming, Corsair SP2500...

If A5 is out of ur budget, get SP2500 eyes closed..

well..see..we are all talking about great, high-end speakers here. I have tried many speakers myself and finally settled on Edifier. You just cannot write Edifiers off. They are awesome. Period.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I have heard about Klipsch ProMedia a lot at many audiophile forums. People tout it as one of the greatest in its price range.

so is Z2300. The problem is, many new models, which are called as "successors" to the THX models, aren't THX certified in the first place.

But one thing I've noticed is that THX is over-rated. My Edifiers are not THX certified but I love them. It all depends on individual preference. You can tweak the bass/treble/equalizer/DFX settings to suit your taste.

d3p

PowerHouse
I own a Z2300 from last 2yrs & i rattles up my paint from the wall in gaming [especially in Race Driver :Grid] & in movies, but i won't recommend it for any music lovers or audiophiles.

the mids in Z2300 is completely flat, so i won't like them for music.

Corsair is not that great for music. Above average of course, but not awesome, IMO.

Klipsch Promedias, Edifier S530/S730, Bose Companion 3, AudioEngine a5 is what I'll call awesome. (I'm forgetting some more names)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Corsair is not that great for music. Above average of course, but not awesome, IMO.

Klipsch Promedias, Edifier S530/S730, Bose Companion 3, AudioEngine a5 is what I'll call awesome. (I'm forgetting some more names)

Buddy i would recommend u to take an audition on SP2500 before commenting on it... Not sure of A5 but the rest are no match for corsair's SP2500 even the bose companion 3 SEII...

And FYI Corsair SP2500 is not THX certified..

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
Both Z2300 & AL MX5021 were best in 2.1 segment.
As for A5, i am surprised people are bringing them in comparison with 2.1 speakers.
A5 are studio quality 2.0 monitors. Obviously, their sound quality will surpass most of the speakers mentioned here. Intended for professional use generally.
Now, dont think they'll blast or rattle the walls like MX5021 / Z2300! :p
Their spatial arrangement could be of issue to many. Plus, not to mention the lack of ".1" i.e. woofer unit. A5s are strictly built for testing music frequencies and quality purposes.
2.1 systems on the other hand serve overall purpose. May it be music, videos or games!
And yes, 2.1 systems do have better power distribution across channels in comparison to 2.0 systems. Corsair SP2500, AL MX5021, Logitech Z623 power ratings easily surpass A5 ratings, thereby making them excellent choice for home/casual use.
As for the best of 2.1 speakers, I can't help but suggest these:
Cambridge Soundworks MicroWorksII & Corsair SP2500. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom