Bend pins

azzu

AJJU
YouTube - Fixing a Bent / Broken Pins on a CPU (NCIX Tech Tips #36)
check that link

if u be more specific about bend angle and no's pins bended
its"ll b more help to answer ur question

hope this helps

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
Returning to forum after a long time .
Got 12 pin straightened
cpu came out with hsf now only the only thing is running cpu without thermal paste .and afraid to take the cpu out again and put some thermal paste

a little bit of stock paste is there

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
12 :shocked: how that happened?

well you can run the proccy without thermal paste but be ready to counter very high temps. so best is slowly detach the proccy from HSF (if it have got stuck). apply TIM. put in back on place.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
How the hell did you succeed in bending 12 pins??
Now trying bending 24 pins and apply the TIM.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Returning to forum after a long time .
Got 12 pin straightened
cpu came out with hsf now only the only thing is running cpu without thermal paste .and afraid to take the cpu out again and put some thermal paste

a little bit of stock paste is there

You would need TIM. The CPU does not need to be removed to apply TIM.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
it must have got stuck coz of the stock TIM, it won't get stuck again. get some good TIM & you won't face prob of it getting stuck again!!!!

OP
saurabh_1e

saurabh_1e

teh tech saviour!
it got stuck because of stock tim
the procy came out with the hsf in lock mode

take out the procy from hsf by using acetone and spirit and a hair drier

straighten the pins using mechanical pencil that is a lead pencils

now i don't think little bit of stock tim left will be so adhesive that it will stuck again

recommend a cheap tim
it shud not be adhesive and shud not conduct electricity

mavihs

Techie By Heart
wow did not know this could happen...now need to be extra careful while OCing subzero. Same advice to u mavihs :p
you do sub-zero OCing?
this has happened with me before, now i don't use stock TIM ever! :sad:
also when you doing sub-zero, after you finish OCing, you have to leave the CPU alone for some hours to heat up before you take it out! (recently i had done a OC at an event & had left the CPU alone & some guys (i don't know who) tried to take the pot out:-x. when i got back, the pot+the CPU where out & half of the pins were bent! :'( (it was AMD 1090T proccy))

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

^^ me have to be careful. looks like the supplied TIM with AMD HSF is of very very low quality :(
its not AMD alone, even Intel's is low quality too! & they put paste like which can go on for 3yrs & which the person using it can't take it out! :|

rajan1311

Padawan
dude the TIM on Intel is total ****....i had done DICE at frens place, but we did not w8 much. We got the temp up using a hair dryer. Dont know if it is the right way....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
you do sub-zero OCing?
this has happened with me before, now i don't use stock TIM ever! :sad:
also when you doing sub-zero, after you finish OCing, you have to leave the CPU alone for some hours to heat up before you take it out! (recently i had done a OC at an event & had left the CPU alone & some guys (i don't know who) tried to take the pot out:-x. when i got back, the pot+the CPU where out & half of the pins were bent! :'( (it was AMD 1090T proccy))

you did NO2 OC? how much you reached?

its not AMD alone, even Intel's is low quality too! & they put paste like which can go on for 3yrs & which the person using it can't take it out! :|

to cut manufacturing cost (& fill their own pocket) they'll try save on anything :x

Top Bottom