Beep delay

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
After pressing the power button everything(PSU Fan, Chassis Fans,CPU Fan, GPU Fan) is working fine but no beep sound is coming and no POST occurs.My Mobo does not have any LED. After a minute, which is long after the usual time, the beep sound occurs and then the rest is fine. Why is this delay?

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
i will be doing that . But like to update another observation:

In the morning when i first start my PC it delays but later say after working for an hour when i shut down properly and then start again it boots up normally without delay.

This implies that something needs to be heated up before boot starts and as it remains hot after an hour of work so for the second time it is not delaying.

what is IT?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Observe, does the CPU heatsink fan start spinning immediately after switching on the system or it is late too.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've faced this issue and fixed it by incresing the cpu vcore - I was running cpu undervolted with stock speed.

@ OP - disable cpu OC and set the cpu vcore to 1.4v

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
^^Yes my CPU is also running from 800 Mhz to 3200 Mhz and Vcore fluctuating accordingly.
Should i change the Cpu Speed to Highest Mhz and Vcore will be adjusted automatically or i need to increase Vcore only?

Like to update the observations done so far:

HDD|RAM|GPU|RESULT
NO|Y|Y|BOOT DELAY
NO|NO|NO|Beep normally as it should be without Ram.
NO|1|NO|Normal Short Beep without delay
NO|2|NO|Normal Short Beep without delay
Y|2|NO|Normal Short Beep without delay
Y|2|Y|BEEP DELAY , plugged in x16 Slot
Y|2|Y|BEEP DELAY , plugged in x8 Slot

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the cpu runs between the speed of 800 Mhz and 3.2 Ghz because of CnQ - which dynamically adjusts speed and vcore depending on cpu load and heat.

from your results it looks like a gpu related issue but if your gpu is working fine then might be probably OK - only the mobo a bit long to detect it - set pci-e as your primary display in bios and completely disable IGP.

Disable cpu OC and run at stock speed with cpu vcore set to 1.4v.

BTW, sometime this issue ( statup delay ) occurs due to excessive humidity in Air .

OP
avichandana20000

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
I have set that speed 800 Mhz to 3.2 Ghz from Catalyst Control Centre and in BIOS also CnQ is enabled.

PCI-E already set as primary display and this board does not have any IGP at all.

There is no 1.4v. After 1.35v it is straightaway 1.5v which will be too high if not OCed.

Yes humidity -This is the reason i am trying to imply at first. The Cabinet body is slightly moist and not pure dry. That is why after working for ten minutes when restarted it does not delay. So i have kept a sachet of SILICA GEL for moisture absorption. Lets see.

So i think RMA of GPU is not needed currently.Thanks everybody for the input.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
nice observation ;-)

BTW, it's a little strange to see bios cpu vcore option has 1.35v and then the next option is 1.5v - your's is a high end mobo whihc should have ore good step by step cpu vcore changing option - even on a 4-5k Gigabyte mobo you will get option to increase/decrease cpu vcore by 0.125v/0.25v at a time - so if possible update the bios to fix this.

Top Bottom