Bearshare Vs Azureus !!!! BIG Problem , help needed Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
I Had been using Azureus for some time on my 2 Mbps connection and it had been running smooth with all uploads and downloads

Now that recently I downloaded the latest Bearshare and started P2P on Gnutella too

Now the big problem is when I am running either one of them keeping the other off, it runs smoothly

But whenever I run both simultaneously , after 5-7 mins theres a Blue screen telling Windows had been shut down to prevent damage and it shows a bad_pool message with memory dump

So please suggest a solution for this

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
may be the are using the same port or something or ur incoming/outgoing connections are going over the limit...

rajasekharan

Youngling
@MysticHalo .....a speed of 2MBPS is verymuch fettable in india....
i got the speed of minimum 1- 2 MBPS when i was in IBM (Bangalore) , on ordinary network systems, and on the server it was 5-6 MBPS....:),

now as i moved away , and i am working in home the only speed i could get it 16Kbps...:((

OP
T

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
MysticHalo said:
2 mbps :confused:
Either u r lying or u r lucky....or u dont know it :lol

Whats the problem in a 2 Mbps connection ?????

I get effective download Speeds of 240-250 KBps on this

And in Bear Share I have got upto 2.2 Mbps (Download + Upload)

I hope a reply would mean an answer to my query

No Bearshare and Azureus aren't using the same ports

But while I run each without the other no problems

anispace

dattebayo
slightly offtopic but is Bearshare better then Limewire cause both use the Gnutella network i think.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Eh, why dont you help him instead of dscussng 2 mbps stuff? ???

Well, I think it has something to do with the amount of connections made by the p2p s/ws...

Say azureus makes 100 and Bearshare makes 100 connectiosn at start, so as no of connections increase the memory of azureus increases (mine is 47 MB at 70 connectons, and 68 at 150 connections)

so it eventually it fills up the entire RAM (maybe you are running other apps, i dont know abt that...) and your windows dumps memory to recover and it eventually reboots to save itself...

I run LimeWire and Azureus together sometimes, but since LW makes only 10 connections its not a big trouble for me.

Whats your RAM and how many connections is the limit of azureus (keeping it unlimited is bad for high seeded/leeched torrents

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Whats the problem with this "2 mbps" eh? I have seen higher at several institutions...

Ok so whats 2 mbps you ask. It stands for 2 mega bits per second

So in normal tongues of download rates the speed of the downstream will be:
2/8 = 0.25 mega bytes per second. That is, 256 kilo bytes per second. And if you still havent figured out the difference between bits and bytes, god help you... j/k, 8 bits equal to a byte... now... was that what you were asking?

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
QwertyManiac said:
Whats the problem with this "2 mbps" eh? I have seen higher at several institutions...

Ok so whats 2 mbps you ask. It stands for 2 mega bits per second

So in normal tongues of download rates the speed of the downstream will be:
2/8 = 0.25 mega bytes per second. That is, 256 kilo bytes per second. And if you still havent figured out the difference between bits and bytes, god help you... j/k, 8 bits equal to a byte... now... was that what you were asking?

LOLz...i got a bit confused with dwload rate thingy...
2 mbps=2megabits=2*1024=2048 kbps (is this valid ?)
next,
2048/8=256 kBps (kilo BYTES per second..is that ok?)
next,
ON a 256 kbps connection..max download rate as per bandwidth allocation is 256/8=32 kilobytes/second....now what the hell is that? :rolleyes:
What i thought was 256 is kbps and not kBps. so 256/8=32 kBps (as 8 bits = 1 byte)

I am mess(i)ed up, explain plz. :confused:

OP
T

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
MysticHalo said:
LOLz...i got a bit confused with dwload rate thingy...
2 mbps=2megabits=2*1024=2048 kbps (is this valid ?)
next,
2048/8=256 kBps (kilo BYTES per second..is that ok?)
next,
ON a 256 kbps connection..max download rate as per bandwidth allocation is 256/8=32 kilobytes/second....now what the hell is that? :rolleyes:
What i thought was 256 is kbps and not kBps. so 256/8=32 kBps (as 8 bits = 1 byte)

I am mess(i)ed up, explain plz. :confused:

You have Got it Right This time round, BSNL offers u several speeds offering from 256 kbps to 2 mbps meaning all things are in bits per second

Nest the effective download speeds for all softwares are calculated in KBps which is Kilo bytes per second.

So in my 2 Mbps connection I should get 2048/8 = 256 KBps

I effectively get around 240-250 MAX and moderate is 196-236 KBps

So on a 256 Kbps connection u should get 32 KBps MAX

Got it ????

Further help is here

Test ur own speed

*www.calcuttatelephones.com/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php

here is a snapshot of my connection

Last edited:
OP
T

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
QwertyManiac said:
Well, I think it has something to do with the amount of connections made by the p2p s/ws...

so it eventually it fills up the entire RAM (maybe you are running other apps, i dont know abt that...) and your windows dumps memory to recover and it eventually reboots to save itself...

Whats your RAM and how many connections is the limit of azureus (keeping it unlimited is bad for high seeded/leeched torrents

I feel u r dead right qwerty bhai, but then do suggest some remedy

I have 512 MB DDR 400MHz system Ram

For Azureus : Download : Unlimited
Upload : 60 KBps

For bearshare : 5 files at a time with 10 connections per file

So what changes are required ??? For the time being running each seperately

Pls suggest

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well I cant be of much help there, but experiment limiting the connectiosn made in azureus (not download speed), BearShare is ok, but I recommend downloading a single file over it at a time.

Well another alternative will be to use uTorrent which, as an app, wont take up much memory, but its DHT and pickup speeds are pretty slower than the best azureus...

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
so the whole thing is '256 KBps and 256 kbps'.
Sorry, guys, i beg ur pardon.
Thx techie_geek for explaining the whole thing.
BTW, is there any HOME pLAN with those speeds? 256 KBps.

PS: Qwerty,i thought the post to which i repled was more of a spam :rolleyes:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
No, the home plans are limited to 1 Mbps and Business to 2 Mbps. Why dont you check the tarrif yourself before creating confusions and deviating the thread off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom