BCA maths vs Engg. Maths. whhich is tougher?

vishnov

Journeyman
guys can you tell me the level of difficulty of maths in bca course? is it as hard as engineering maths? and one more question too.. amongst bca,bba and bba which course has better future scope and has better chances of getting employed (after doing PG, obviously!) plz reply.

ashs1

Padawan
No idea about eng. maths as i am not an engineer ( commerce student )

among bba & bca, you must first decide your line of interest. bba is mostly theory & about management whereas bca is entirely different with programming ( maybe one sem may have management subject..depends on your university )

afaik, bca( and a PG ) would be better :)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
May be you can throw in a few topics in BCA maths & surely light up the fire.

As I guess it should be easier because I see no relevance of Advanced Calculus, Transforms, Vectors etc in BCA (although I have no idea about it)

OP
vishnov

vishnov

Journeyman
May be you can throw in a few topics in BCA maths & surely light up the fire.

As I guess it should be easier because I see no relevance of Advanced Calculus, Transforms, Vectors etc in BCA (although I have no idea about it)

So you recommend bca over bba?

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Happy to help, but I have no friends in other than engg, all of us were spearheaded for engineering.
I did check out syllabi.

Mostly I found Algebra, Boolean & digital portions, some had basic calculus, statistics, Curves & geometry, all in all I felt it was kind of on easier side of engg maths, but again every where I saw subject codes were like Maths 101, BCA Maths 103 etc so all were introductory courses so may be there are specialized pockets of mathematics dealt in greater detail later in the degree.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Engg. Maths is shoved down your throats even if it has no application in your branch what-so-ever (You live in the 21st century for Einstein's sake, use calculator/computers to save time from those calcs =_= )

Stupid people who set GATE syllabus have included maths upto M3. :evil:

Also, including all the basic subjects from all branches in the first year syllabus is retarded and wastes the entire year. The student could've learned more about his branch subjects instead.

quoting [MENTION=26711]ico[/MENTION] here
Indian culture is to blame

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I don't know but I feel it's quite relevant.
Everything we read in mathematics is almost applied in one or other subjects.

Maths' relevance was lost when we came to 2nd year and its branch dependant. While Mech, ET&T, etc need it, Civil, CS, IT, Meta, etc don't need it that much. and for those small needs use the calculator. :wink:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well BCA Maths are much similar to that of CSE. BUt I believe Engg. Maths is much tougher than BCA Maths.

Anyway BCA Maths includes Calculus, Limits, Set Theory, Automata, Vector Graphics etc.

And regarding BCA Vs. BBA, as already said by others, choose your path first. They are totally different paths and can't be compared that way. But if you mean comparison between Commerce and Science, then both have their own success stories.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Maths' relevance was lost when we came to 2nd year and its branch dependant. While Mech, ET&T, etc need it, Civil, CS, IT, Meta, etc don't need it that much. and for those small needs use the calculator. :wink:

O I C...
Well for ECE it feels very good to learn, but yeah for CSE etc it has absolutely no relevance to include mathematics other than algebra, probability & statistics etc..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maths isn't very tough. Just needs some time and practice, which we don't give.

Engineering IS Math. The syllabus provided Engineering Mathematics is a waste of time, money and energy.
Source: I completed my B.Tech

Comparison: I was taught advanced trigonometry, advanced calculus, advanced matrices, advanced transformations, advanced statistics, advanced approximation, advanced geometry, advanced transforms. So far into 6 live projects and 2 product launches in my career, I've used Arithmetic and Boolean logic. CSE has a subject called Discrete Mathematics which is good in my opinion.

Thing is Engineering is not to be compared with other streams of studies. If you study for a B.Tech as a Yindian, you are actually being trained for the world :)lol:). Basically they ask to learn 10 times the amount you can. You pull that off properly, there's nothing in this world that can stop you :)lol:). "Career training" is actually taught daily -> Never question your teacher translated to Never question your boss. Ask the teacher a genuine doubt -> gets kicked out for "mocking" translates to getting fired etc.

TLDR; Engineering Maths is lel, Hail Newton

Top Bottom