Battlefield 4 Discussion

cyborg47

Technomancer
you don't need a killer rig to have a visually appealing game, what I'm saying is having the choice to get better graphics if you wish to. The crysis series looks good with mid-range graphic cards and amazing with High-end ones. BF4, sadly is a reskinned BF3.
EA is cashing in on the popularity...:twisted:

Crysis 3? its raping most of the super high end systems out there. Not sure where you get that mid range part from. The backlash for crysis 2 was the only reason they pushed the visuals more than ever, and what's their fanbase? 3 million? Battlefield 3 has more than 15 million players, and the game already pushes a lot of graphics cards to their limits, it'd make no sense to push the graphics so much and very few people get to enjoy them.

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
EA will be live streaming multiplayer demo's in 15 minutes .. catch it here.

*www.twitch.tv/battlefield

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Spectator mode is coming they are testing their first implementation.
Also vehicles have limited ammo, it will take some time to replenish the ammo. so its not just reload, you just can't spam the fire button.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Crysis 3? its raping most of the super high end systems out there. Not sure where you get that mid range part from. The backlash for crysis 2 was the only reason they pushed the visuals more than ever, and what's their fanbase? 3 million? Battlefield 3 has more than 15 million players, and the game already pushes a lot of graphics cards to their limits, it'd make no sense to push the graphics so much and very few people get to enjoy them.
I play BF3 and Crysis 3 on my laptop with a GT 650m on medium-high settings......it runs fine. anyone with a GTX 660 or 7870 can play Crysis 3 on high settings with fxaa in full HD. what I'm saying is those who have high-end gfx should have the choice to play with better visuals....
visually BF3=BF4 and Crysis 3 > Crysis 2.......

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
So I'm not the only one who thinks BF3 is taking the place of Call of Duty. It seems that the only improvements are multiple weapon sights, commander mode (which couldve just been added to BF3 as addon instead) and more destructible environments.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You really need to get your eyes checked if you think BF3=BF4.

[youtube]U8HVQXkeU8U[/youtube]

Dude, I believe in realtime gameplay, not trailers. The visuals are not much better than BF3, only slightly [like COD6 to COD4]. The biggest improvement is the destructiveness of the environment. Character animations are identical, as is the core gameplay.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Dude, I believe in realtime gameplay, not trailers. The visuals are not much better than BF3, only slightly [like COD6 to COD4]. The biggest improvement is the destructiveness of the environment. Character animations are identical, as is the core gameplay.

Good for you then :)
That's realtime gameplay btw, no rendered stuff.
But expecting a BF2 to BF3 jump is kinda stupid, DICE peaked with BF3, and the improvements they made with this one are great. Character animations are improved, trust me, I'm an animator :p
Facial models, body animation, lighting, destruction, visual effects (Insane!, and those explosions! :D ), the scale, ton of improvements in all of them.

Last edited:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
You really need to get your eyes checked if you think BF3=BF4.

[youtube]U8HVQXkeU8U[/youtube]

That gameplay is from the campaign, the campaign always looks better than multiplayer....check out this scene from BF3 campaign , it looks amazing, the smoke and all. nowhere in BF3 multiplayer we have such instants.....comparing bf3 & bf4 multiplayer they look similar, except the falling buildings.
if DICE said "siege of shanghai" was an expansion pack to BF3 nobody would disagree....

cyborg47

Technomancer
[/SPOILER]

That gameplay is from the campaign, the campaign always looks better than multiplayer....check out this scene from BF3 campaign , it looks amazing, the smoke and all. nowhere in BF3 multiplayer we have such instants.....comparing bf3 & bf4 multiplayer they look similar, except the falling buildings.
if DICE said "siege of shanghai" was an expansion pack to BF3 nobody would disagree....

May be we've played different games :p BF3 looks equally phenomenal in multiplayer as it is in single player.

Btw, thanks for sharing that video, it shows how much improved BF4 looks :D

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
May be we've played different games :p BF3 looks equally phenomenal in multiplayer as it is in single player.

Btw, thanks for sharing that video, it shows how much improved BF4 looks :D

BF3's multiplayer looks good, but the single player definitely looks slightly better. Maybe because BF3 MP's maps are much bigger and there is more activity going on.

And I did watch your trailer before posting what I did :)

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
BF4 Graphics are not phenomenal change from BF3, gameplay is better and that's what I want.

BTW.. I could run at 1080p ultra in BF3 SP campaign, but I cant do the same in 64P MP maps.. I need to turn GFX down a lot to make it playable.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
BF4 Graphics are not phenomenal change from BF3, gameplay is better and that's what I want.

BTW.. I could run at 1080p ultra in BF3 SP campaign, but I cant do the same in 64P MP maps.. I need to turn GFX down a lot to make it playable.

Which kind of GPU are you having, sir? 1080p Ultra SP?!

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor

As with Battlefield 3, they've taken the money milking route for Battlefield 4, so no thanks, I'm not buying the game.

Top Bottom