Battlefield 3 discussion!

for Single Player will it work on 2G network(data card internet) on my laptop..
hope so since it is just for authorizing ..
also
Will Multiplayer will be blocked my college server(it uses Cyberoam to block contents)..Counter strike works, will BF3 work ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
for Single Player will it work on 2G network(data card internet) on my laptop..
hope so since it is just for authorizing ..
also
Will Multiplayer will be blocked my college server(it uses Cyberoam to block contents)..Counter strike works, will BF3 work ?

Yes for SP.. 2G is fine.. you just need that for logging into Origin..

check if you can open battlelog from your college.. if you can open they you might be able to connect to the servers.. still there are lot of ports which should be open.. check battlefield 3 manual for port details..

In bf3,i increasd d resolution to 1280*768 and saved it..my monitor has a native resolution of 1024*768..so in bf3 it is now showing out of range..
My monitor though supports that resolution and i play fifa at that..
I delted al the files frm d save directry and then ran bf3..then its running ..its obvious bt i lost my saved checkpoints;-(..i have a copy of those files at another location..
What should i do now??

pls hlp guys...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3
:))
played as support in last 5mins & got 7/8 kills :p
till then was playing as medic :p

edit:
oops, wrong thread

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
In bf3,i increasd d resolution to 1280*768 and saved it..my monitor has a native resolution of 1024*768..so in bf3 it is now showing out of range..
My monitor though supports that resolution and i play fifa at that..
I delted al the files frm d save directry and then ran bf3..then its running ..its obvious bt i lost my saved checkpoints;-(..i have a copy of those files at another location..
What should i do now??

pls hlp guys...

replace all files except "PROF_SAVE_profile". that file holds the resolution information.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
for save files, you can "sync" it with cloud storage.
reg. "out of range" error, next time you set the resolutipn, keep an eye on the "refresh rate" mentioned next to resolution, your moniter supports 1024x... @ 75Hz, then i think for 1280, you should select 60Hz or lower.

you can also try editing "PROF_SAVE_profile" file.
goto - C:\Users\<your acc>\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings
open that file with note pad ->Ctrl+F-> search for "1280" & change it to 1024.
save , exit & play.

be sure to have a backup of those settings files. ;)
*i.imgur.com/yrzzV.png

I tried,bt wat hapnd i dnt knw,there was no efct..i dltd d previous files also..
So i wil have 2 strt again..
Anyways,thanks guys (specily s18000rpm) n hapy gamin :-D

sunnyhj

Broken In
Don't know if u guys know this so there will be a new expansion pack in Q3 which includes more vehicles etc :D :) i was just browsing and found this..So shared with u all :p

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill - PC - IGN

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Don't know if u guys know this so there will be a new expansion pack in Q3 which includes more vehicles etc :D :) i was just browsing and found this..So shared with u all :p

Battlefield 3: Armored Kill - PC - IGN

Both Close Quarters and Armored Kill were revealed at the same time. But unfortunately, DICE/EA had been trying to lure the 'cod' audience badly, which is why they're hyping close quarters dlc as much as possible.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Both Close Quarters and Armored Kill were revealed at the same time. But unfortunately, DICE/EA had been trying to lure the 'cod' audience badly, which is why they're hyping close quarters dlc as much as possible.

Any company would want to lure their competitors customers into their product.. it happens everywhere not just in the gaming industry.

Yes I do agree that Battlefield is Open Air Maps, but not necessarily everyone would like it.. I cannot recall on how many times I have rage quit air maps as our Air support sucked..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
"The Battlefield 3 expansion pack
Armored Kill ups the ante for
vehicular mayhem as only
Battlefield can do. Featuring new
driveable tanks, ATVs, mobile
artillery and more, Battlefield 3:
Armored Kill also delivers huge battlefields for an
all-out vehicle assault, including the biggest map
in Battlefield history
."

I can't wait for this. :D
I just hope there are full servers of it with ~150 ping :p

Because I bought B2K on arsenal_gunners recommendation, only to find out there are just a handful of Asian servers running them :| and most of the time they are empty. :x :|

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Guys, I am thinking of organizing a BF3 tournament, there is no problem. We have 10+2 PCs, all pre installed with Battlefield 3, including mine, and my friend's. We have a great place to play.

For venue pictures you can see this - *www.facebook.com/NxGTs

The computers are high end gaming machines equiped with HD6950,HD6970, and HD7850 in various PCs. 23 inch Dell monitors.

Now the thing is, should I start promoting the tournament? What do u think will be the response we get by organizing this? How many of you might come?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Now the thing is, should I start promoting the tournament? What do u think will be the response we get by organizing this? How many of you might come?
The response should be good. I wont come(actually can't) but all gaming enthusiasts who see the promotion IMO will take part.

samudragupta

Youngling
Guys, I am thinking of organizing a BF3 tournament, there is no problem. We have 10+2 PCs, all pre installed with Battlefield 3, including mine, and my friend's. We have a great place to play.

For venue pictures you can see this - *www.facebook.com/NxGTs

The computers are high end gaming machines equiped with HD6950,HD6970, and HD7850 in various PCs. 23 inch Dell monitors.

good idea, though you would attract crowd only from north and north west... Southerners and Westerners may not be able to make it due to the distance factor!!

Top Bottom