Batman: Arkham Origins

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I am, but I won't be posting my opinions to avoid causing a shitstorm.

The TL;DR is that it is a massive step down from Arkham City and feels like it was made just to take advantage of the Arkham name. Its not worth the money.

Please, elaborate. How is it a step-down? Because the game mechanics are same as AC? Is that a step-down? Don't tell me the story's bad, it's one of the best Batman stories, much better than AC and equal to Arkham Asylum's. Batman is more badarse than in AC (IDK why, he's a rookie and he's more badarse :D), some new enemies brings something fresh, the detective mode is a HUGE improvement (although easy, it's good to look at and makes you feel more Batman-y). Voice acting is great, Batman's actor did a great job, so did others. And lifeless city? It's because of a winter storm and f**k tons of criminals on the loose.

Since Arkham City achieved the best of Batman, there's little room of improvement in that area. Now if Rocksteady makes another solo Batman game, it'll not be as great as AC felt (just like Assassin's Creed series after ACII).

This game is NOT a step-down from AC, it's not an improvement either. It's on the same level.

Hoping Rocksteady's doing something more than a solo Batman game. I want DCU in video games now. :)

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I am surprised how well this game is running on my pc. Arkham city gave me some lag with physx on low and everything on ultra. But surprisingly I am getting 45 to even 60 fps at times even with medium physx on(I know I know,I have an amd card and so its not totally the real thing).
Some bugs and glitches are really annoying though. Like sometimes while gliding you can't grapple onto the simplest of platforms -_-

cyborg47

Technomancer
I am surprised how well this game is running on my pc. Arkham city gave me some lag with physx on low and everything on ultra. But surprisingly I am getting 45 to even 60 fps at times even with medium physx on(I know I know,I have an amd card and so its not totally the real thing).
Some bugs and glitches are really annoying though. Like sometimes while gliding you can't grapple onto the simplest of platforms -_-

Didn't you hear the news about the 350% performance increase from the ATI drivers?

Flash

Lost in speed
I am, but I won't be posting my opinions to avoid causing a shitstorm.

The TL;DR is that it is a massive step down from Arkham City and feels like it was made just to take advantage of the Arkham name. Its not worth the money.
I can't say it's a stepdown, because Batman itself learning how to be a superhero-cum-vigilante in this prequel.
Previous Arkham series, introduced Batman as a greatest detective/fighter right from the start.

amjath

Human Spambot
Initial Impression watching my friend playing the game

Everything is polished [yes it needs to be at this age]
New Villians
New combos added I guess [Needs to be unlocked]
Audio and Voice are better

gameranand

Living to Play
Please, elaborate. How is it a step-down? Because the game mechanics are same as AC? Is that a step-down? Don't tell me the story's bad, it's one of the best Batman stories, much better than AC and equal to Arkham Asylum's. Batman is more badarse than in AC (IDK why, he's a rookie and he's more badarse :D),

Thats the point, he should not be more badarse in a prequel game. It breaks the story.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Wow this game is amazing , in arkham city i used to walk like badass in fron of thugs and hit the counter button when they hit me , but in this game , batman always have hand in a way to defence himself everytime . The fight with deathstroke was epic .

amjath

Human Spambot
Wow this game is amazing , in arkham city i used to walk like badass in fron of thugs and hit the counter button when they hit me , but in this game , batman always have hand in a way to defence himself everytime . The fight with deathstroke was epic .

Have u defeated him

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Didn't expect such a epic fight in the initial stage. But
electroman (something like that) was so easy lol

true , it would have felt like a movie only if there was no counter icon displayed on the screen but i think
we will face electro guy again later

Top Bottom