Batman: Arkham City

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I'm shifting to nVidia, the moment my current ATI card dies. It's not that I don't like ATI, but I wish they had better driver support.

somulesnar

Journeyman
Guys really nvdia overpowers ati only in physx aspect. In other aspects they compete each other by giving neck to neck performance in different levels of gpu taken into account while testing. ATI cards are useful wen u plan to crossfire in the sense u can even crossfire 2 non identical models ATI cards wer as in nvdia u cannot. With this crossfire u can add another simple entry level nvdia card to enavle Physx in ur game and enjoy a whole new experience by getting awesome jaw dropping difference in ur game......
cheers..

OP
N

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I'm shifting to nVidia, the moment my current ATI card dies. It's not that I don't like ATI, but I wish they had better driver support.

I'm shifting to my beloved Green Lan... err... Company 'cause green is the strongest color... hell, all GL movie's words! I loved that movie.

Anyway, yeah, driver suck w/ ATI. But at the time of me buying HD5850, it was teh best. Even if I waited for NV card, it would've been a 4xx series card which sucks even more. HD5850's DX11 performance in BF3 Beta >> GTX470. trololawlz.

So I guess, not a bad choice. Me gusta.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@somulesnar: No simply adding nVIDIA card won't enable PhysX if the primary card is an AMD card. You have to use some hacks. Has nVIDIA kept that option open, no one would be cursing them.

Last edited:

somulesnar

Journeyman
^^ I mean why in hell will nvdia will open up all the advantages of using physx in the above aspect. Nvdia is independent too he also needs to sell his cards and make his own profit. So they wud liketo keep the physx concept proprietary.

If we want to experience physx we need to do some efforts atleast to enjoy the advantage. And using those hacks is like pulling a carrot frm soil in wet weather as installing those hacks are explained like fairy tales in some sites wen we search online.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
They don't need to. Just give us the option to turn on PhysX if there's a nVIDIA card in the system. They should not be bothered whether there's an AMD card present or not. They are artificially limiting the usability of their own cards. That's bad.

Enough OT. ;)

somulesnar

Journeyman
@v.Na5h

oops sorry my mistake i actually used he instead of they

@ Skud

Yes ofcourse but physx works even better with a primary green card. nvidia is the king of its own created concept known as physx. so if it limits the usability of its own card its for its own good . i mean if a guy gets a crossfire system he just need to put an entry level nvidia card to enable physx. Then wat happens is that the sales go down in sense of high end cards. So no sli and loss occurs to nvidia. But if he goes in the other way then a normal guy who doent now abt the hacking technique is forced to buy an sli system to enable physx and that too doing sli by buying similar types of cards. Anyways we know the hacks so wat the hell. Lets stop this arguement over here...

Cheers buddy and gud n8.....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Posts cleaned. Guys, I suggest you stick to the ongoing discussion, rather than jumping into another flame war.

Revolt, rajnusker asked a legitimate query. I don't see how that amounts to spam. Geek replied accordingly. Kindly don't provoke members or get into name calling. It was completely un-called for in this case.

revolt

Banned
If an old dedicated member and a mod like you ask this question.Then i must say i have no answer and i am sorry for posting that.kindly delete this post too.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
lol, this PhysX wankfest starts again.

I remember debunking this PhysX myth once and for all last time and hoped that it doesn't pop-up again. It's not like AMD cards are incapable of executing these effects. You have DirectCompute which is neutral and we have also seen immense destruction running off CPU in BF:BC2. There are neutral ways to implement these effects which are more efficient and perhaps the best thing to do. The dev of this game has decided to keep them exclusive for nVidia cards by using a proprietary API. That's that.

It is best to avoid proprietary middleware. This is what my friend has been taught who's studying Game Design at University of Abertay Dundee. (lol)

Time to stick to the game. End of.

@revolt - Don't be so hyper.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
My Laptop has the following specs:
Code:
Graphics :ATI Mobility Radeon HD 550v
Ram: 4GB

I could run Batman :AA in mid-high setting in around 40-50 FPS. :)

Will I be able to run this game in 30 + FPS in mid-high setting?

Since the engine is same, I don't think the performance should degrade much!! :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ It should run at low-mid on 1024x768. Even my mobile 9400 ran Batman:AA at low with ~45 fps.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Nightwing DLC trailer...looks awesome

He is the Tony Jaa of the Batman- Arkham City

[YOUTUBE]uBBsiXyqqAc[/YOUTUBE]

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I first played arkham asylum on my 8600gt with a p4 cpu and it gave 15-20fps. When paired with i5 750, it gave close to 35fps in low-mid settings.

Arkham city has some very good physx affects as it uses the latest apex physx tool set which is very similar to havoc physics which is used in the current uncharted 3 drake's deception.
Arkham city can also be enjoyed in a similar fashion with physx off. But still i'm planning on adding a used 9500gt as a physx card with my 5750 to fully enjoy this game.

My current biostar h55-A+ has a second pci-e x4 slot which is perfect for a secondary physx card.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
I first played arkham asylum on my 8600gt with a p4 cpu and it gave 15-20fps. When paired with i5 750, it gave close to 35fps in low-mid settings.

Arkham city has some very good physx affects as it uses the latest apex physx tool set which is very similar to havoc physics which is used in the current uncharted 3 drake's deception.
Arkham city can also be enjoyed in a similar fashion with physx off. But still i'm planning on adding a used 9500gt as a physx card with my 5750 to fully enjoy this game.

My current biostar h55-A+ has a second pci-e x4 slot which is perfect for a secondary physx card.

I would love to do so as well, can you give me detailed information on how to make ATI and NVIDIA work together?

Top Bottom