Batman: Arkham City

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Well buddy to be honest, our forum member cilus has already done it. He has a 6870cfx which are primary cards and a 8800gt as physx card. There's a physx hacked driver available that bypasses nvidia driver security allowing amd card to be primary.

Give this a read.

Btw cilus will help me do it. Pm him to know more cause he has tried it practically.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would love to do so as well, can you give me detailed information on how to make ATI and NVIDIA work together?

Basically, this link should be what you will be looking for:- ;)

Hybrid PhysX mod v1.03 / v1.05ff

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Thanks vicky and Skud for the valuable information. :) Btw guys is the official system requirements out yet? I see different info. on different sites :S

somulesnar

Journeyman
@skud

+1 for you skud.

@ rajnusker:

here u go mate. With this gamers/buyers can very well experience the dark knight itself with jaw dropping gameplay and stunning plot.

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800 with 512MB of VRAM
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
Hard Drive: 17.5GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
Sound: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c-compatible)
Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard or Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800

Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The game is beyond friggin' awesome. It has so much more stuff to do, besides completing the main missions. Exploration is the key out here. The city is huge. They have ditched the traditional mini-map and used a direction bar on the top of the screen, which is a really idiotic move.

wow...nice to read that...

gonna play it for sure

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
TROLL ALERT:

ok now im confused ....
is nvidia a single person or a group :p

A company.

@skud

+1 for you skud.

@ rajnusker:

here u go mate. With this gamers/buyers can very well experience the dark knight itself with jaw dropping gameplay and stunning plot.

Minimum System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista or 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 2GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800 with 512MB of VRAM
Hard Drive: 17.5GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard

Recommended System Requirements

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7
CPU: Dual-Core CPU 2.5 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850 with 768MB+ of VRAM (DirectX 11 compatible)
Hard Drive: 17.5 GB free disk space
Input Devices: 100% Windows XP/Vista or 7 compatible mouse and keyboard or Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

Supported Graphics Cards:

Minimum: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI 3800

Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or ATI Radeon HD 6850

What's with these games? The requirements are on the high! Would the game run on a 9500GT with 1360*768 resolution and all others set to the absolute minimum? My friend has this card, he wants to play it so bad.

rchi84

In the zone
@vickybat dude will your mobo run the x16 slot at full speed when you plug a card in the x4 slot? My mobo will default to dual x4 if I plug in a card in the x4 slot. Which is why I am not going for hybrid physx with a used 8800gt that my friend gifted me...

Soumik99

Journeyman
Guys this game is based on the humble Unreal Engine.. why is even everyone so worried in the first place? If you do have a somewhat lower end card( like me xD) just play at 1280X720 resolutions with physx turned off.. after all its the game that matters. can't wait for it! >.< even rocksteady is f***ing with pc gamers.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@vickybat dude will your mobo run the x16 slot at full speed when you plug a card in the x4 slot? My mobo will default to dual x4 if I plug in a card in the x4 slot. Which is why I am not going for hybrid physx with a used 8800gt that my friend gifted me...

That's the problem with Intel's chipsets. Not many people realize that they support fewer PCie lanes compared to AMD, and that may create problems in future as PCIe lanes are not only for addon cards but also support other controllers. Here's an excerpt from Xbit Labs MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3) mobo review:-

A single graphics accelerator will work at full PCI Express 3.0 x16 speed, and if both slots are occupied it will be cut down in half. As for the third slot, you can install a graphics card there, too, but it will work as PCI Express 2.0 and its maximum speed will never exceed x4. Moreover, these four lanes are provided not by the CPU, but by the system core logic set. In normal mode they are used for different additional controllers, so if you have a graphics card installed into the third slot, then you will have to sacrifice one eSATA and one SATA port, both internal USB 3.0 ports, IEEE1394 (FireWire) support and two PCI slots.

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths

I don't know why so many users think x4/x4 will be slow :/

HARDOCP - GTX 480 SLI x16/x16 vs. x4/x4 - GTX 480 SLI PCIe Bandwidth Perf. - x16/x16 vs. x4/x4

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not exactly x4/x4, but still, here's something from Toms:- ;)

*media.bestofmicro.com/6/P/284065/original/image027.png

rchi84

In the zone
Hmm. Should i create a separate thread for pci lanes discussion ? Don't want to be the thread jacking moron here..

Top Bottom