batch file problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hansraj

In the zone
geeks u gonna help me out again plz..... i did made the batch file to run 2 programmes run simultaneously which are the "bandwidth meter" and my "tata indicom dial up" together. but the prob is that by giving the path
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections.lnk"
iam able to open the window for my network connections and then again i have to click the dial up for indicom and then "dial" to get connected.
i want even a quicker method by which either the batch file operation results in dialing my indicom connection automatically or at least the tata indicom dial up comes up on screen rather than the present situation.
had there been a *.exe for my indicom connection my prob would have got sorted out but for this particular model of phone i have to get connected thru network connections only....
can anyone suggest a way out.......

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
hey geeks i dont think this is an impossible thing .... i hope there lies solution definitely...

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
fire up notepad, paste "rasdial <connection name> <Username> <password>"
eg. rasdial tata indicom hansraj hansraj
this is the format... i mean without "" and <>
connection name is the name u see on the dialer...
now, save the file as "dialup.bat" in a new folder (eg. c:/dataone_sched)
just to make sure u dont overwrite something

Goto Start>All Programs>Accesories>System Tool>Scheduled Tasks
when opened click on "Add scheduled task" click next (it will hang for a moment or two) then a list of progs will be displayed.. don't panic that ur files arn't listed.... click on browse and point to the dialup.bat file..... then set the schedule by following the instructions.... do the same for disconnect... give the time values correctly (ie. in my case 2:10AM to 7:50AM....the BSNL clock is 2 mins behind)......

STEP 4:"add scheduled task"> then chose the prog u wish to run from the list and follow the instructions....

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
dear yrana thax for u r help but still its not working ... i dont want it in my sheduled jobs but want to make a batch file so as to makemore than one program run simultaneously. my batch file looks like somewhat.....

@echo off
start "" "E:\Program Files\BWMeter\BWMeter.exe"
start "" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Communications\Network Connections.lnk"

and after u r suggestion i have made it

@echo off
rasdial Tata Indicom internet internet
start "" "C:\Program Files\DVD Shrink\DVD Shrink 3.2.exe"

but its running only dvd shrink and no dialer :roll:

sakumar79

Technomancer
If your connection name is Tata Indicom, I think it will have to be within quotes
rasdial "Tata Indicom" internet internet

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
Well actually, i did not know the main part... Only noticed that in your last post you had missed the quotes - common problem when using dos commands... So, actually the credit should go to yrana2002 more than me for getting things in the right track...

Arun

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
sakumar79 said:
Well actually, i did not know the main part... Only noticed that in your last post you had missed the quotes - common problem when using dos commands... So, actually the credit should go to yrana2002 more than me for getting things in the right track...

Arun
Thanks buddy, but the actual credit goes to somebody else, in this forum itself, if hansraj had searched before, he would've got the post i wrote from

OP
hansraj

hansraj

In the zone
well thats nice as iam working less to get connected coz of u guys now but can u suggest me the list of commands for various other actions....

sakumar79

Technomancer
hansraj said:
well thats nice as iam working less to get connected coz of u guys now but can u suggest me the list of commands for various other actions....

what other actions? I thought you got both dialup and your program to run...

Arun

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Here's my batchfile:
rasdial "Local Area Connection" xxx xxx
When i run this, it displays
Error 623: System could not find phone book entry for this connection
What do i do now?

sakumar79

Technomancer
In Windows, go to Help and search for rasdial... Details of the command are there... You probably also want to look at details of Rasphone - try "rasphone -d <entry>" assuming you have saved username and password.

For the above error, you should check if you have a connection in Control Panel->Network Connections that has the name "Local Area Connection". If you do, try to remove and recreate the connection...

Arun

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, i found out, though not really sure, that rasdial command is onyl for PPPoE & dial-up connections, not for lan

For the above error, you should check if you have a connection in Control Panel->Network Connections that has the name "Local Area Connection". If you do, try to remove and recreate the connection...
Well, you cannot delete this connection, as it relates to the ethenet card that i have as installed!

sakumar79

Technomancer
I thought you said it was for BSNL DataOne Connection... Why do you want to automate connecting to the LAN? Does it not get connected automatically?

Arun

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
sakumar79 said:
I thought you said it was for BSNL DataOne Connection... Why do you want to automate connecting to the LAN? Does it not get connected automatically?

Arun
Well, due to the usage limitations, i frequently enable /disable it so that no third party software may download from background. I need to automate this process so that i may sleep well without getting up at 2 for d/l :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom