Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sivakeshava

We are arguing for nothing, as see, I never went against the 8400 GS, infact read this, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65606

Where as I pocked my nose while saying instead of Intel DP35 opt for ABiT IP35-E :) i voter for ABiT IP35-E + 8400 GS

I think you should stick to the intel setup or try upgrade to intel itself....as AMD is not worth it these days.. Intel is f****ing damn good these days.

Well true if you just compare Qx9770 along with highest range X4, but certainly the statement is invalid when you compare a lower budget AMD system with a lower budget Intel

As this guy is thinking to replace his E4600 + XFX 630i 7000 along with X2 (4800) or X3 (8450) + GigaByte GA-Ma78GB-S2H

Between them AMD is far better performer :)

clifford

Broken In
hi cheeta...
sorry to barge in this way
well got a issue..well planning to upgrade my self...

have a budget of 22k..n am looking for a core2duo..with a mobo which can give me loads of usb support as i am into cell phone repairs n the dongle are mostly usb based for flashing n unlocking....can u plz direct me to a reasonable rig of 22k

thanking in advance

cliffrod goa

manishjha18

In the zone
Originally Posted by manishjha18 View Post
what if i change my current intel e4600 and palit n73pv mobo(NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i) with
AMD Athlon X2 4800+ and Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H or MSI K9AGM V2 / MSI K9AGM-FD (AMD 780G)---would i get better performance- and better rating in vista and yes among all mobo which one is best and 2 nd best--please do reply--my dealer may change my system for amd for a small price-
should i go for amd setup or stick to my intel setup

I think you should stick to the intel setup or try upgrade to intel itself....as AMD is not worth it these days.. Intel is f****ing damn good these days.

waiting for more responses-cheetha has suggested me to go for Rs. 5500/- + VAT for X3 8450 Rs. 4400/- for 780g gigabyte where as MetalheadGautham has suggested me to stick to intel setup-(Why do you want to switch anyway ? If you switch, even if you get back the EXACT same money of the original config, which I think is rare, you wouldn't benifit much at THIS stage.)
-me in dilema

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

If you have the money, spend it... Else dont...

Why you buy computer ?

You have a purpose to serve...

So if you present config is not enough for your purpose, certainly make the switch :) else, save the penny :D

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Is this a good time to purchase a pc? I mean any new components coming into market and resulting price cuts?
I want to purchase this
core2duo e7200
2gb 800mhz RAM
9600GT (EVGA or MSI?) Please advice me
POV 500W Black Diamond
Abit ip35-e
If there are 2 hard disks (80GB and 250GB) in my PC with these components will the psu be able to handle it?
These are the specifications of the PSU.
*www.hardware.info/en-US/productdb/bGNkZ5iZmJjK/viewproduct/Point_of_View_Black_Diamond_500W/

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I heard prices are going down, so its better to wait
*forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=28&threadid=2065247
*www.gaurishsharma.com/2008/07/intel-cpu-price-cuts-to-come-on-july-20.html

sivakeshava

Broken In
Hi, all....thx for all your valuable suggestions which paved way to achieve this config and i got it today...saturday afternoon in hyd CTC....I decided to go myself and buy.......Here they are
Intel E8400
ASUS P5N E SLI
Transcend LifeTime 2GB DDR2 800Mhz
Zotac GeForce 8400GS 512mb
asus ls sata dvdrw
intex 4.1 just for 1300/-
camera 8.0- 600/- but it was too bad..im testing it now...but nps 4few bucks
And in the next week im gonna but a samsung 19' NWX.monitor and continue with my seagate 80+250 IDEs.
Aint this cool config....Its running like a zapper.....

Night-Rider

Journeyman
One of my friend has 2 sticks of PROMOS RAM. He wants to sell it. 512MB sticks 667Mhz. Is this a good brand? He found them in a dell pc of his friend. He wants to sell it. The sticks are in good condition. How much can he expect for each stick?

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hello Cheetah,

I wanted some help from u.

As u know i am gonna buy a new system. Which OS do u think is better. XP or Vista.?
I had asked abt Vista to my retalier. He said that it will slow down the machine. So wat do u have to say about this?

mastermunj

In the zone
Hello Cheetah,

I wanted some help from u.

As u know i am gonna buy a new system. Which OS do u think is better. XP or Vista.?
I had asked abt Vista to my retalier. He said that it will slow down the machine. So wat do u have to say about this?

What is your system config?

Vista will take over more memory... so go for it if u have 4GB of RAM to experience its full features in complete glory...

else opt for Windows XP.

cheetah bhai i want to build a new system .....only the cpu i.e mobo+proccy+ram.....i hv the hard disk ,,,dvd writer n moniter......my budget is 10k.....wht do u suggest........

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I am going to order this system from theitwares.com tommorrow. Do u think the prices are alright?
Core2Duo E7200 2.53Ghz Rs.5,900/-
2 GB DDR2 800Mhz Transcend RAM Rs.1,950/-
Abit IP35-E Rs.5,350/-
Palit HD4850 Rs.11,500/-
POV 500W Black Diamond PSU Rs.2650/-

This system will be used mainly for gaming and some movie watching. Please comment on the above configuration and prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom