Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hello Everyone,

I need to buy 2 pc's. 1 for shop and 2nd for home

Shop:
The job mainly is printing. And more or less, internet n MS office related stuff. I want a good configuration but reasonable price. I dont want any luxury stuff here. My budget is 15,000. I can hold till 18,000. But more within the budget the better.

Home: Well my main uses are gonna be more ofnet surfing, bit of gaming (NFS Carbon,Fifa 08 kinda games) and bit of multimedia (like watchin tv on comp using a tv tuner card, then songs n movies). And it shd help me in civil engineering course.
My budget includin UPS n stuff shd be within 25,000. So please reccomend me a good config.

And for both the places i want all in one ( Print scan copy). u can reccomend me other options in printing machines as the main job is printing.( say DTP printer ). So office printer need not neccesarily be all in one.
More cheaper the office pc gets more i can utilize funds for home pc.
My overall budget is 50k for both the PC's and printer and all in one.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
MetalHead said:
Just get DDR2 800MHz RAM instead of 667 MHz. It costs the same Rs. 1.8K elsewhere. I guess DDR2 800 is costly in Kolkata.

My mistake :( it is 800 MHz !!!!

@Captain Neo

15k for full system config ?? i mean display / ups and all that, or 15 for an update ??

MetalHead said:
Hey choto, don't you think more cores would mean better virtualisation potential ? And more simultaneous multi threading performance ? Wouldn't this mean that if he is writing a DVD, ripping another DVD, listening to songs, Playing some basic 3D game like Unreal Tournament 2004 and browsing the web at the same time, 4 cores would beat the crap out of 2 ?

In case of Hyper-V / VMware latest builds, yeah, they do benefit heavily from number of cores and more RAM for sure !!!

Now about Desktop application, see, all of those not only relay on Processor but on other stuff also, for example, HDD performance / RAM / IDE speed and such...

For example, even if you have a top of the line processor but still if you Playgame / Run Page File / RIP DVD / Burn DVD on a single HDD and with same IDE channel, you wont have better speed.

Where as if you have a fast SSD running the Page File, where as windows and game both are in different physical HDD and DVD burn / RIP from different drive in different channel yeah performance would be better...

Windows Vista is better in capable to manage more cores than Windows XP... but still todays os are still no yet capable enough to dedicate certain cores to certain Apps !!! So those applications which can them self use the benefit of 4 cores will benefit from more cores than others :)

Home: Well my main uses are gonna be more ofnet surfing, bit of gaming (NFS Carbon,Fifa 08 kinda games) and bit of multimedia (like watchin tv on comp using a tv tuner card, then songs n movies). And it shd help me in civil engineering course.
My budget includin UPS n stuff shd be within 25,000. So please reccomend me a good config.

please read the 1st page :D

Me in 1st page said:
Entertainment / Movies

Budget is upto Rs. 25000/-

Primary its aimed for those who wants a PC for entertainment, a bit of gaming, lot of movies / music, Internet surfing and stuff like that.

AMD Athlon X2 4800+ @ Rs. 3000 /- + VAT
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2G (AMD 780G) @ Rs. 4400 /- + VAT
2 GB DDR-II 800 MHz (Transend / Kingstone) @ Rs. 1850 /- + VAT
160 GB SATA-II 7200.10 (WD / Segeate / SAMSUNG) @ Rs. 1825 /- + VAT
DVD RW (IDE - Any brand) @ Rs. 1100 /- + VAT
Any local cabinet with default 450 watts SMPS @ Rs. 1200 /- + VAT
Local Keyboard & mouse @ Rs. 375 /- + VAT
Dell SE198WFP or View Sonic vx1945wm or LG L194WT WideScreen HD TFT @ Rs. 9500 /- + VAT
Creaive / Logitech 2.1 @ Rs. 1100 /- + VAT
Any local UPS @ Rs. 1400 /- + VAT

TAX @ 4% 1030 /-
Total Rs. 26780 /-

Add up to this config as you have little higher budget, like add a vista compatible TV tuner Card from Pinnacle / WinFast @ Rs. 2k + TAX

this is an awesome config along with a gr8 value for money AMD Range processor, also the AMD 780G along with its ATi HD 3200 onboard will allow vista to run with full glory and play full HD (1080p) without any problem.

If you are tight in budget and in need to fit this under Rs. 25k then just change the motherboard to AMD 690G based M2A-VM (DVI) which is Rs. 3100/- + VAT !!

Shop:
The job mainly is printing. And more or less, internet n MS office related stuff. I want a good configuration but reasonable price. I dont want any luxury stuff here. My budget is 15,000. I can hold till 18,000. But more within the budget the better.

once again please read the 1st page :)

Me in 1st page said:
Lets Go Low

Target PC within Rs. 12000/- + TAX

Buy a PC which makes sense in a budget as low as possible... This would be a PC for basic Office job, running basic office apps for accounting, printing and stuff like that !!!! It will be running Windows XP with ease !!!

AMD Sepron 3200+ / AMD Sempron LE 1150 @ Rs. 1200 /- + VAT
MSI K8MM-V / M9MM-V @ Rs. 1600 /- + VAT
512 MB DDR-II 667 MHz (Transcend / Kingstone) @ Rs. 550 /- + VAT
80 GB SATA (WD / Segeate / SAMSUNG) @ Rs. 1525 /- + VAT
DVD RW (IDE - Any brand) @ Rs. 1100 /- + VAT
Any local cabinet with default 450 watts SMPS @ Rs. 1200 /- + VAT
Local Keyboard & mouse @ Rs. 375 /- + VAT
LG 17" CRT 700E @ Rs. 4150 /- + VAT
Any stereo speaker @ Rs. 350 /- + VAT
Any Local UPS @ Rs. 1400 /- + VAT

TAX @ 4% 482 /-
Total Rs. 13132 /-

This one is only meant to run windows XP, now if you plan to run vista or such for little entertainment, you can add on this, like getting 1 GB RAM @ Rs. 850/- instead of 512 MB, also changing the motherboard from VIA chipset based M8MM-V to Windows Vista Compatible ASUS M2N-MX SE @ Rs. 2300/- + VAT.

thank you :D

@a_k_s_h_a_y

can u please specify what are the products you need ?? like Mobo + procy + RAM + TFT thats it ?? or any thing more too ??

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
For 27k i need everything.
In Congress states there is 12% VAT !! hence a total of 30k

The best possible PC in 27k is what i would like to have. With A 19 inch Wide Screen LCD.
I guess it will best be AMD config for the balance act. Intel is costly.

So what do you think is the best ?? I don't play games !! For surfing (foruming?) that's it ;)
I suppose the basic backbone is this. Please make changes, as i might be wrong.

AMD 780G (GA-MA78GM-S2H) + X3 + Dell 19Inch LCD + Zebronics Bijli.

forever

filth is me
How much of a difference does disk cache size make? Im planning to go for the western digital 640 GB over a similarly priced seagate 500 GB. Only downside is the western digital has 16 MB for cache as opposed to 32 MB in seagate. Would it make a whole lot of difference in terms of performance? Also if i could get an exact pricing for the WD ill be grateful, thanks!

Chetz

Humble Prince
Hello Cheetah,
Ya i had seen the first page. But at it was posted a year back i thougth price mite have varied by now. if so please do tell me.
And 2ndly u did not mention anythin about printer and all in one machin. it will be helpful if u tell me these 2 things.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
I just need to buy the c.p.u ( dubba )
I have checked the 1st page alredy
plz recommend
intel or amd config
i ll add gfx card after 2 months

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
Ok guys... here is an important point to note about 780G, if you did not know it as of now.. from ArsTechnia

ArsTechniaReview said:
The 780G supports a 1.8GHz HT 3.0 connection if a Phenom processor is used. If not, the chipset defaults to HT 2.0. This disables the HD 3200's post-processing features during HD playback, though ATI's UVD engine is still supported and engaged. The 780G's northbridge is capable of driving two displays independently and supports all the necessary acronyms, including DVI, HDMI, DP, and good ol' VGA.

sandeepr123

Right off the assembly line
Help to buy M/B,Pro & G.C combo for my new pc

Sir,
I am assembling a new PC . Please suggest a M/B,PROCESSOR AND GRAPHICS CARD COMBO FOR A STRICT BUDGET OF RS. 13,500.
My requirement for
1)M/B
a) 1 Firewire (MUST)
b)8 channel audio-onboard (MUST)
c) Raid (MUST)
d) PCI-E x 16--1 NO. (MUST)
e)PCI-E x 1 --1 NO.(MUST)
f)PCI slot --2 NO.(MUST)
G)ATX Form Factor(MUST)
h)P-35 Chipset---1333 mhz FSB(MUST)
i) 1-Gig.Eth. port(MUST)
J)1 PATA(MUST)
K)e-SATA---(OPTIONAL)

2) AProcessor ~Rs.4500~5500+TAX
CORE 2 DUO
3)A Graphics card~Rs.3500(max)+TAX
NVIDIA
8500 GT or 8400 GS
SUGGEST ANY OTHER COMBO WHICH YOU THINK GOOD NOT EXCEEDING Rs 13,500.
QS.WHICH IS BETTER? 8400 GS OR 8500 GT?

The strong contenders available now are

For M/B's
1)MSI P35 NEO F--Rs.5500+tax
2)MSI P 35 NEO COMBO F--Rs.5750+tax
3)INTEL DP 35 DPM
4) ABIT IP-35-E--Rs.5500+tax
Also 5)INTEL DG 33 FB-with O/B graphics-Rs.4850+tax

For Processors (INTEL)
1)CORE 2 DUO 2.0 Ghz
2)CORE 2 DUO 2.2 Ghz--5350/-+tax
OR ANY OTHER OF THE SAME SERIES.

For Graphic cards(all + tax)
1)XFX 8500 GT 512 MB DDR2-3250/-
2)PALIT 8500GT 512 MB DDR2-3200/-
3)XFX 8500 GT 256 MB DDR2--rS.3000/-
or even 4)ANY 8400 GS CARDS if found better.
SUGGEST ANY OTHER PRO M/B G.C WHICH YOU MIGHT FIND GOOD AT Rs.13,500
The rest of the config.is
1.SAMSUNG 953 BW--LCD Rs.10K
2.SAMSUNG 22X DVD-W--SH-S223--Rs1200+Tax
3.1 GB KINGSTON/ZION RAM--Rs.1150+tax--WARRANTY????--3 or 1 year????
4.1 ZEBRONICS CABINET--Rs.1500+tax---WARRANTY??? 3 OR 1 year???
5.250 GB WD HDD,16 MB BUFFER--2500+TAX
6MOUSE- OPTICAL-LOGITECH-Rs.350

utsav

damn busy...
Am just getting a new mobo ,ram, cpu,gfx card and psu.
I hav decided on intel e7200, 2gb ddr2 800mhz , nvidia 9600gso , cooler master 460watt psu .i am confused on the mobo part. I want a good mobo which can oc the e7200 upto 3.5GHz atleast. I dont wanna spend more than 4k on mobo

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Hello Cheetah,
Ya i had seen the first page. But at it was posted a year back i thougth price mite have varied by now. if so please do tell me.
And 2ndly u did not mention anythin about printer and all in one machin. it will be helpful if u tell me these 2 things.

It was updated just 20 days ago i suppose :lol: the post may be year and a half old but it gets update every month or two as the price and products change :) so, do u still have any doubt, if so please post :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
gary said:
@Choto Cheeta
can you post comparisons of INTEL's E7200,E8200,E8400 & Q6600 with AMD's X3 & X4 Line-up.

I would prefer X3 over E7200 because of value for money :) where as if its a new system and you are getting Intel processor then stay away from any 65nm intel processors :)

and why should user buying inte's proccy mentined above look at AMD, any reasons? price? performance? or any other feature ?

Price vs Performance ration, a Rs. 10k intel platform procy + onboard VGA mobo is not that value for money when you get X3 8450 + AMD 780G mobo under 10k :)

How much of a difference does disk cache size make? Im planning to go for the western digital 640 GB over a similarly priced seagate 500 GB. Only downside is the western digital has 16 MB for cache as opposed to 32 MB in seagate. Would it make a whole lot of difference in terms of performance? Also if i could get an exact pricing for the WD ill be grateful, thanks!

Not much in real world apps, for example, you may see the difference in Page file I-O cycle but then again when you have large amount of RAM the Page file activity would be nominal, but just for eg, a real word performance difference can be seem in apps like uTorrent cheking your torrent part file to resume downloading :)

hence, get the larger size I would say :)

@utsav

you are upgrading from ?? the present platform ?? as see under your budget I would say X3 looks better choice with an onboard HD 3200 where as for grfx card I would suggest to wait a month or 2 till the price of 4850 comes down to a reasonable rate.. as right now its Rs. 12.5k, where as it should come down to 10k or such by this Puja set a target and till then run onboard with HD 3200, how is that sounds to u ??

@a_k_s_h_a_y

See, with your requirement this is what you may find...

27k without TAX said:
AMD Phenom X3 8450 @ Rs. 5500 /- + VAT
GigaByte GA-MA78GM-S2H (AMD 780g) @ Rs. 4400 /- + VAT
2 GB (1x2) Kingstone DDR2 800 MHz @ Rs. 1800 /- + VAT
SATA 160 GB @ Rs. 1800 /- + VAT
DVD RW IDE @ Rs. 1100 /- + VAT
Zebronics / iBall Cabinet with 500 Watts PSU @ Rs. 2200 /- + VAT
19" LG / Dell (198wef) @ Rs. 9200 /- + VAT
UPS Local @ Rs. 1400 /- + VAT
Keyboard Mouse Logitech / Microsoft Combo @ Rs. 650 /- + VAT
Creative 2.1 @ Rs. 1000 /- + VAT

Total Rs. 29050 /-

it looks beyond your budget while with X3 lowest range :( but see as for your need, X2 would be just fine where as with large screen I assume you would be doing some movies too, so a 250 GB HDD is what you should eye for...

hence I would suggest ADM Athlon X2 4800+ instead of X3 8450, and that should allow you to gt the PC at 27k along with a 250 GB HDD which is Rs. 2200/- + VAT :)

Last edited:

utsav

damn busy...
I would prefer X3 over E7200 because of value for money :) where as if its a new system and you are getting Intel processor then stay away from any 65nm intel processors :)

Price vs Performance ration, a Rs. 10k intel platform procy + onboard VGA mobo is not that value for money when you get X3 8450 + AMD 780G mobo under 10k :)

Not much in real world apps, for example, you may see the difference in Page file I-O cycle but then again when you have large amount of RAM the Page file activity would be nominal, but just for eg, a real word performance difference can be seem in apps like uTorrent cheking your torrent part file to resume downloading :)

hence, get the larger size I would say :)

@utsav

you are upgrading from ?? the present platform ?? as see under your budget I would say X3 looks better choice with an onboard HD 3200 where as for grfx card I would suggest to wait a month or 2 till the price of 4850 comes down to a reasonable rate.. as right now its Rs. 12.5k, where as it should come down to 10k or such by this Puja set a target and till then run onboard with HD 3200, how is that sounds to u ??

@a_k_s_h_a_y

See, with your requirement this is what you may find...

it looks beyond your budget while with X3 lowest range :( but see as for your need, X2 would be just fine where as with large screen I assume you would be doing some movies too, so a 250 GB HDD is what you should eye for...

hence I would suggest ADM Athlon X2 4800+ instead of X3 8450, and that should allow you to gt the PC at 27k along with a 250 GB HDD which is Rs. 2200/- + VAT :)

i am inclined towards E7200 as according to the benchmark comparison it rocks at oc which is easily done becoz of the 45nm fabrication . So which mobo to get to pair with this proccy

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming

hey thanks a lot man !! i can try to extend by 3k !! lets see..!!
Another bad news is in Bangalore Gigabyte AMD 780G Costs 5.5k + VAT. This is confirmed.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

get it shipped from TechShop.IN or from Itwares people...

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_31&products_id=2078 << This one is not a bad deal either :) or ask any friend from (Indian state) else where to ship for u where its cheaper :)

@utsav

Get few points right here, most of the hardware overclocking sites are based in places where the out side temps are close to 0c or such, hence with their room temps procy can to good clocks without any 3rd party gear, but in Indian summer condition unless you get a 3rd party CPU cooler, you wont able to do good clock :(

anyway, at 4k I cant think of any good OverClocker, 4.8k + VAT would be ABiT IP35-E :)

Last edited:

Chetz

Humble Prince
hey mr cheetah alright fine.. i dint knew abt tht part. hmm anwyaz u still havent told me about printer and all in one machine.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Chetz

You want to print what can you please provide an idea about it ??

And for both the places i want all in one ( Print scan copy). u can reccomend me other options in printing machines as the main job is printing.( say DTP printer ). So office printer need not neccesarily be all in one.

can you please elaborate this part, what exactly you need in office and what is in your home for printing need ??

Also what will you print the MOST in both case ??

sdhiraj1 said:
What is the price of intel dual-core E2180. Please suggest a mobo in 2.4k. All for office work and very little for gaming.

See E2140 would around 2.4k where as under that low budget good motherboard wont be available, and if you compare E2140 along with an AMD Athlon X2 4200+ you may find AMD is a far better performer :)

have u given bellow setup a thought ??

AMD Athlon X2 4200+ => Rs. 2350/- + VAT
ASUS M2N-MX SE / M2N-MX SE Plus => Rs. 2300/- + VAT

thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom