Still unable to get goos speeds *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Cool.gif

Still unable to get goos speeds *files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Cool.gif

Last edited:

rk

Broken In
friends,
as i was planning to buy a new pc,
i asked assembler for which mobo to buy,
i wanted original intel but assembler said = don't buy original intel [in lucknow],they take more than one month in replacement instead buy foxconn[never heard before]
so is this seems correct or false,
and what brand should be considered if not intel?
thx for any advise

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i've heard of that replacement issue with intel mobo's . .but more importantly , most of them dont allow OCing . so not much point in coupling a C2D or C2Q with a intel board. .

Night-Rider

Journeyman
Please visit this thread. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=871565#post871565
Nobody seems to reply to my query. :( I need advice.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sdhiraj1 said:
Please suggest a mobo+processor in range of Rs.6000-6500k.

Depends on your need sir :) if bit of gaming and HD movies then I would vote for GA-MA78GM-S2H which retails at around Rs. 4400/- + VAT so that leaves you with Rs. 2000 for the processor and add few hundred and get AMD Athlon X2 4200+ which is around Rs. 2350 + VAT :)

now if you are in need for heavy processing rather than HD and games, then get your self ASUS M2N-MX SE which is Rs. 2300/- + VAT, and a better processor like AMD Athlon X2 5000 or if you can afford then 5200+ aswell :)

so what is your requirement ??

@Night-Rider

Stick with 9600 GT where as I would suggest to spend bit extra (some 1.5k) for E8200 :) over E7200 :)

thanks

Last edited:

_______

Broken In
Configure my new system - 15k Budget

Hey I'm planning to buy a new pc this week. I just need the CPU as I already have one huge CRT monitor. Please help me in buying a PC under 15k. It will be a regular home user PC, not for gaming purpose. It must be future proof atleast for 2 years.

CPU- ?
Motherboard- ?
RAM - 2 or 3 GB
HDD - 250 GB
Cabinet with SMPS - looking for some attractive cabinet with some LEDs
Speakers - Altec Lansing - Please suggest which model

DVD writer- I already have two. so no need to buy.

BUDGET: 15k

Thank you everyone!! I love this forum.

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
It will be a regular home user PC, not for gaming purpose.

Please do try the 1st post as some config with upto date are given there too, anyway for 15k and that usage,

AMD Athlon X2 4200+ @ Rs. 2400 /- + VAT
ASUS M2N-MX SE @ Rs. 2300 /- + VAT
Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 Sound Card @ Rs. 1250 /- + VAT
2 GB (Single Stick) Kingstone DDR2 667 MHz @ Rs. 1700 /- + VAT
WD SATA-II 16MB Buffer @ Rs. 2500 /- + VAT
Zebronics / iBall Cabinet with 50 Watts PSU @ Rs. 2200 /- + VAT

Total TAX Rs. 494/-
Total Rs. 12844/-

Cabinet is some thing which you go to store, look for your self and buy when you like one :lol: physical choice is really different in case of different poeple :D

as for speaker Creative 5.1 T6060 is not that bad :)

I have given the sound card in the config is when you want real music basically the onboard really sucks :lol:

i wanted original intel but assembler said = don't buy original intel [in lucknow],they take more than one month in replacement instead buy foxconn[never heard before]

Yes True Intel takes more or less in total 20 to 25 days, but they send you a completelly new board that too you dont have to move a bit, as inte arrgenes to get the board from your own place via courier :D and sends a new one via courier at your place :D

in case of any other brand, u take the board to service center and usually they repair the board and asks you to come back to collect it :)

However its also true that no OC with Intel board and indeed on given config, ASUS / ABiT / EVGA / Gigatye / MSI do performe better than Intel locked BIOS boards :)

Last edited:
I saw your first post update... Cheetah..

I have 2 Qns - somewhere here only I read that The other processor are factory overclocked or diff configured versions of Q660, then why you posted them. Can't we get Q660 and OC it as we want(Can) ?

I have read many forums here to know that single card - 8800GT is better and SLi (say 2) then 9600GT will scale better. So for single card why u suggested 9600GT? is it actually better than 8800GT ? (rahter give me increasing list of all these Gt and GTS cards..:) like 8800GT < 8800GTS < 9600GT ...whatever ...)

kunaltech

Journeyman
Hello Friends

one of my friends want to buy an LAPTOP and his budget is 30-35k.

his requirements are basic i.e for study and music

kindly suggest me the best Laptop and also the configuration.

looking forward to hear from you all ASAP.

Thanks in Advance
Kunal

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@Sandeepfrompune
8800GT is anyday better than 9600GT, but 9600GT got better vfm as its even cheaper than 9k these days and does the job well at moderate resolutions.
8600GT(3.5k)<8600GTS(never mind)<9600GSO(6k)<9600GT(9k)<8800GT(11k)<8800GTS512(14k)<9800GTX(18k)<9800GTX+<HD4850<HD4870<9800GX2(30k+).

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have 2 Qns - somewhere here only I read that The other processor are factory overclocked or diff configured versions of Q660, then why you posted them. Can't we get Q660 and OC it as we want(Can) ?

What is Q660 ??

I have read many forums here to know that single card - 8800GT is better and SLi (say 2) then 9600GT will scale better. So for single card why u suggested 9600GT? is it actually better than 8800GT ?

see making a computer doesnt really depend on a single product :) you have to consider all of them 2gether. you have a certain budget and within that you have to complete the full PC it self

for an example, if I ask you whats the better processor between AMD / Intel ? answer would be Intel with their Core 2 Quad 45nm line up.

Now if i ask you to build a PC at Rs. 25k (full PC with all TAX), will a system containly a 45 nm core 2 quadro going to perfome better than AMD system with money invested in other parts also ??

Same reason, its all about a balanced PC. 8800 GT is certainly a bit better config, but it is also a bit constlier :) how ever difference is not that huge :) but that extra amount allows you to get a better processor hence allow an over all better performer :)

Those are some basic config, now please post your requirement so that one can alter the config to include some products which is better suited for your need and exclude which you may not find useful :)

kunaltech said:
one of my friends want to buy an LAPTOP and his budget is 30-35k.

:( Not a notebook thread, there is a notebook thread in the mobile section I suppose,

Overall I would vote for Lenovo 3000 N200 0769-AB2 with 1 GB RAM upgrade also do try out dell, with TAX Vostro 1000 seriese based on turion X2 seems to be a good option too along with Vostro 1510 based one 5250 which should come around Rs. 35k incl TAX :)

also visit the thread in mobile section, should find some details there also :)

Last edited:
I am sorry for the typo... Q6600 - core 2 quad. (I am novice in these things so I can be very wrong in basics also...nvm... lonnnnnngg Post , sry again bad in that...)

my config is much based on ur earlier post... - Main things are
q6600 2.4ghz , Abit IP35-Pro, EVGA 8800GT KO 512mb DDR3.
2GB corsair(or whatever good avail..like kingston etc.) ( give links/help for which matches which for mobo+Ram DDR 2 or 3 . should I aim for DDR3 or more mhz in DDR2?)
CM extreme power 650W. (500 will be just on line if OC in near future...? not much price diff for me there..) ,
19" ( i m sure I will not go for 22" or more also in future... I have seen config depends upon which Monitor & at which resolution U want to play game also)
ThermalRight Ultra120 Extreme (not sure where I will get this in Pune, :) but If I OC, I will get this one first. )

My budget is 60k. I am ok for 65k but if it goes more than 70 or + its bit problem. ( I will need that heavy reasoning..)
Purpose - gaming + software( normal one but high use, no video manipulation bla bla... )

I have read now in Gaming E8400 scores more than Q6600 at places, but still overall I wish for Q6600 coz overall future compatibility, but E8500 is there ( can I get that one in Pune?)

and MAJOR THING IS If I go for SLi, should I go or not and if yes I guess it will be 680i+9600GT x 2 SLi . I have seen a 780i mobo on itwares.com at reasonable price also.
So for SLi will cost go to 70 75k ?? ( EVGA/other 750i FTW=12k , 780i=14k ) then better get back to q6600+8800GT. - I dont want to get Outadated in quick time in Costly way, better opt for some cheap way for that...
or should I wait for some new upcoming things ??? in CPU/GPU as well ???
Budget is apart, I will see that, Choice will be mine, but give more info..anyone.. Thanks in Advance for reading all these noob post (hehe). seeing imm. responces I got enthu to post all these...!

Last edited:
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Sandeepfrompune

Whats your present config ?? and do read this,

Difference between 45nm Core 2 (Duo / Quad) and 65nm Core 2 (Duo / Quad)

hehe, P4 1.6ghz, VIA mobo p4m266 , onboard 32mb ram graphics, 256+128mb ram, 15"monitor, S3ProsavageDDR driver. ( no updates on Bios and this one also now. outdated...) Purchased in 2000. BTW will read that. I updated my above post a bit.
Now GN......

Last edited:

_______

Broken In
hey thanks chotocheetah, how about Gigabyte board with Intel E2180 Processor

*techshop.in/store/product_info.php?cPath=21_30&products_id=1850

Is this board good in the areas of performance and warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom