Basic Guide Purchase a New System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
U can use nvidia card in that... but cannot use 2 nvidia in once... for 2 cards u need to use ATI...

2 ATI = Crossfire
2 SLI = SLI

u can use one card of any one either NVidia or ATI in any of the chipset

channabasanna

In the zone
I am using 2 GB rite now. But will add another 2 GB soon when I install Vista.

32 bit OS can only detect upto 3 gb ram. Hence, dont go for 4 GB ram if u r using 32 bit XP SP2.

Can you tell me the motherboard cost.
But does XP SP2 32 bit support the RAM's installed upto 4GB. Later i can update to vista.

I mean i have read in the net many say it shows 3GB if 4GB of RAM is there, because the Graphics Card take the 1GB memory......

I mean to say will it work if i have 2 2GB RAM installed in the motherboard. Even though it supports 3GB.

Please do tell me the cost of ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard.

Last edited:

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
I got mobo from newegg.com @ 13K. Dont know price here in India. According to www.theitwares.com the price is 15K+.

And you can use 4 GB ram in 32 bit OS but the OS will not detect extra 1 GB. Your machine will work well n good. Later u update to Vista.
:).

channabasanna

In the zone
I got mobo from newegg.com @ 13K. Dont know price here in India. According to www.theitwares.com the price is 15K+.

And you can use 4 GB ram in 32 bit OS but the OS will not detect extra 1 GB. Your machine will work well n good. Later u update to Vista.
:).

Thanks for the info. Then i will get 2 2GB 800MHz Kingston RAM's along with the motherboard.

digitraju

Broken In
thanks Bullzi, can you suggest a good board preferably Asus, with P35 chipset and LG775 socket that is capable of SLI? I have now decided to go ahead with a full fledged gaming rig.

How about using two Asus nVdia 8800GTS 512 MB cards?

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ U got the thing wrong mate.

Intel P35, X38, X48, P965 these chipsets dont support SLI, they support Crossfire. U will need Nvidia chipsets for SLI for example 680i SLI, 650i SLI, 780i SLI, 750i SLI, 790i SLi etc, etc. So u need to buy any motherboard that has Nvidia chipset for adding two Nvidia gfx cards in SLI
:)

digitraju

Broken In
I am buying E8400 processor and 4 GB RAM. Apart from that, I can spend up to 30K on motherboard and graphics cards.

I have two options now. 1. Go with Asus P5KC mobo and look for two ATI cards. 2. Opt for two GeForce 8800GTS 512 MB cards and get a mobo that will allow me to SLI.

So please suggest.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Most games are optimized for Nvidia gfx cards. Hence, u can opt for SLI instead of Crossfire if your pure intension is gaming.
I doubt if u can get dual 8800GTSs 512 MB + SLI mobo in 30 K range(Single 8800GTS costs abt 18K+). U can get dual 8800GTs from MSI @ 25K. But then also no headroom for decent SLI mobo.
Otherwise , better to get dual 9600GTs in SLI that has better performance than 8800GT SLI @ 21K.
Motherboard - get EVGA 680i/780i SLI but in that case u hv to extend ur budget to 33.

For crossfire u can get dual HD3850s @ 20K.

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
^^^ i will be buying a single 8800GTS MSI 512MB... and MSI P7N Platinum... is there any better option which has/ or no SLI Support as well as supports the new CPU coming up soon

digitraju

Broken In
Thanks Bulzi,

for now I shall go for a good SLI mobo and single 8800GTS 512MB. I can add another similar card later, can't I? So I will prefer a really good Asus mobo. Anything in mind?

A question. NVdia SLI chipsets, are they as good as P35 chipset in performance? I also do extensive photoshoping and some video editing.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
@ajayashish
If u dont want SLI mobo, Intel X38/P35 chipset is the way to go. They are lot better in performance than 680i/780i chipset.
Asus P5KC is a really good motherboard i.e. P35 chipset.
Asus Maximus Formula is also really good one i.e. X38 chipset.
Dunno even X48 chipset is out in the market or not.

@digitraju

P35/X38 chipset is lot better than Nvidia 780i chipset. Nvidia 790i chipset is paper launched and it can outperform P35/X38 but then again X48 chipset is about to hit the market.
So the battle goes on and on and on......
U get EVGA 780i SLI motherboard. EVGA is GOD in the world of computer components. They have really gr8 products.

channabasanna

In the zone
Is there any motherboard which supports, SLI and has PCI-E v2.0, DDR2 within 15-16k INR. Because i do use it mainly for Gaming purpose, also for my brothers autocad and 3ds max.

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
@ajayashish
If u dont want SLI mobo, Intel X38/P35 chipset is the way to go. They are lot better in performance than 680i/780i chipset.
Asus P5KC is a really good motherboard i.e. P35 chipset.
Asus Maximus Formula is also really good one i.e. X38 chipset.
Dunno even X48 chipset is out in the market or not.

@digitraju

P35/X38 chipset is lot better than Nvidia 780i chipset. Nvidia 790i chipset is paper launched and it can outperform P35/X38 but then again X48 chipset is about to hit the market.
So the battle goes on and on and on......
U get EVGA 780i SLI motherboard. EVGA is GOD in the world of computer components. They have really gr8 products.

I need a SLI Board for future upgrade

iChaitanya

Journeyman
Asus P5KC is a really good motherboard i.e. P35 chipset

Hey thanks for the information. Yes, i liked the P5KC.
Can you please suggest me any other motherboard from ASUS which uses the P35 chipset? I am looking for a motherboard for about 10k.. :)

What about the P5K SE, P5KR? Any idea about their prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom